WOL Archives Linking To Campaign Issue

So here’s the story. This time I did all of the other missions first. Like I saved all the New Folsom and Haven missions for last before going to Char. I did all of the missions either on hard or normal. My goal was to have “WOL Complete - All Normal Missions.”

And so I finally went to Haven and I chose to side with Dr. Hanson. So I completed the mission “Safe Haven” on Normal difficulty. Then I thought about clicking “Play Again” which is what I should have done so then I could select to side with Selendis. But instead I clicked continue. If you select “Continue” you CAN NEVER select the planet again or go back to those missions. This is EXTREMELY annoying to me because it means I have to start the entire campaign all over again to achieve “WOL Complete: All Normal Missions.”

So what I did after completing “Safe Haven.” (I also had every unit unlocked at this point except ghosts/spectres). Is I went to the archives which is located near Horner on the bridge. I used this to choose the other option and side with Selendis and complete the “Haven’s Fall” mission. Although the game let me use and acknowledged that I had unlocked all the units and abilities and such after I completed the mission the game did not recognize that I completed the mission. I didn’t get any credits and it didn’t even play the cutscene afterwards.

I find this very dumb and illogical that the archives is right there within the campaign, you can select it and go to any mission you have completed in the past and although it will recognize the units and abilities you had it will not save your progress and you cannot get any credits for completing the mission and it will not recognize that you beat the mission. So why were the archives even created in the first place??? This makes me think Blizzard only created the archives for diamond/master level players who are achievement farming. This just seems like yet another case of Blizzard screwing over casual players in favor of higher ranked/pro level players.

You don’t get credit for balance purpose. Other than that, I think it got acknowledged. There should be a time stamp on the mission showing you than you complete it. It also count toward the all normal achievement. Lastly, there should be an auto save right at when you get to pick the side. Load the save if this bothers you so much.

Please send me a link to your battle.net profile.

Mobile version is… bad.

ok yes I am bothered by it simply because like I said. I mean maybe I should have just clicked the “Play Again” button. But it just doesn’t make sense to me why can’t they link your progress to the archives as well? Is it really that big of a deal? I can understand why they wouldnt give you extra credits or whatever but the fact that they don’t seem to acknowledge it at all pi sses me off. I mean you can’t even select the planet again to do the other mission. Makes it mad hard to get the “All Normal Achievement.” Are you sure it counts towards the “All Normal Achievement?” Perhaps its just a glitch with my profile or something? Because I completed the “Haven’s Fall” mission through the archives right after completing the “Safe Haven” mission but when exiting campaign it says “Last Mission - Safe Haven.” The other thing that is dumb about all of this is the fact that when I went to archives I was able to select the “Haven’s Fall” mission. So the game was recognizing that I had beat the mission on normal at some point in the past but yet at the bottom in the archives section it shows “Missions 21/25” LOLOLOL So it’s counter intuitive. It’s basically Blizzard telling me “well we are only recognizing that you are able to beat 25 missions in WOL on normal” even though the archives CLEARLY shows I had beaten “Haven’s Fall” in the past.

Ok, I can’t watch other people’s profiles… it just shows 404 error.

I could. He only need one from Zero hour.

1 Like

Oh I see, he probably did Zero Hour and he disconnected at some point. If you drop, you lose chance to obtain end of the mission achievements.

Indeed.

It appears you got credit for the archive missions. In Wol, you can track your progress by expanding the completionist achievements. Inside, you can see that you still need Zero Hour, and then you’ll have it.

And Like Spirit mentioned above, you can always use the autosaves if you find you misclicked on something.

the hell are you guys talking about??? I completed Zero Hour! I wasnt even talking about that mission. But yes I’ve completed the whole WOL campaign several times. I’m sure you two should be worshipped as gods.

Please chill, faithfantasy. They can see your progress in your profile, much in the same way you can within the game.

Like Skehan mentioned, it’s likely that when you finished it, there was a hiccup in the connection to the achievement servers so it didn’t register. It can happen. You’re only option is to play it again.

That’s likely because the campaign is setup to tell a cohesive story. Allowing you to play the other conflicting mission within the campaign itself doesn’t make much sense.

ok well I don’t know are you talking about in the archives or my current run in the WOL campaign? Anyways my connection probably dropped when I was doing “Zero Hour” and disconnected. It happens a lot. The modem I have is really old but fortunately I haven’t had any disconnects in a while. I could try to do Zero Hour again…thanks anyways.

Wow, what with all these MVPs visiting our little forum of late? I thought KillerofGod was an anomaly!!!

For the mission archives point you were making in your OP, according to the completionist achievement, you did get credit for the Haven’s Fall because it shows as completed.

For your current campaign run point, the ability to play two contradictory missions doesn’t make sense from a story stand point, hence only one path is available (from outside the archives).

:slight_smile: I’m always lurking in GD and today I saw your Lotv campaign post which brought me here!

ok cool thanks. Sounds like I just have to beat “Zero Hour” again and then just beat the rest of the missions. There should only be like five other ones left. Also if it does acknowledge that I beat certain missions from the archives section I just wish there was more transparency from Blizzard on that in the actual game.

According to your online profile, you only need Zero Hour. Just in case the online profile is wrong, you can check in the game by expanding the achievement:

Those are pics of my client so only go by what yours shows.

Well, no. The game count ALL play through toward the achievements. You just need to complete each mission once. You can complete the campaign once without finishing any of the Zerstul’s mission, then play a second time with different mission choice and all the Zeratul’s. The achievement will be reward upon the last ‘new’ mission. No need to go to Char.

ok Zero Hour so do I beat it from the archives again or what? Possibly it could be a glitch where it just isnt registering…I will look into it. Ive been playing ranked recently…I know for a fact that I have beaten the entire campaign a few times…and I always play on normal difficulty for the most part…so something is fishy about all of this.

Beating it from the archive should work.

Ok well I just completed it. I beat every single mission on either hard or normal. I beat the Zero Hour mission twice (once on hard and once on normal). The archives shows I beat all of the missions. Yet it still did not give me the all normal achievement. Which kind of pis ses me off because I had to deal with nydus worms in the final mission “All In” which basically meant I had to fight twice as many units. I don’t get it like is my game glitched or what? Maybe I should try scan and repair.