Wings of Liberty - Cinematics Unavailable

Hi,

I’m going through the WoL campaign for the first time in years and the cinematics can’t be watched from the Mission Archives. Gameplay isn’t affected all, the cinematics play just fine before and after missions, but it says that scenes aren’t available in the Mission Archives until the game has been fully downloaded.

Problem is, I have the disc version of the game and it is definitely fully downloaded/patched. Did a recent patch cause this? Is there anything that can be done about it?

2 Likes

hi! i have the same problem, dont know what to do

I have the same problem. Bumping this. I have done the "scan and repair a few times via the launcher.

1 Like

Same thing here, recently went back to replay the campaigns and in WoL, I keep getting this error when I’m in the mission archive.

Can’t find anything online about this, doing scan and repairs doesn’t do anything.

Yea this is indeed happening. I posted about this some days ago, apparently I’m not the only one facing this issue after all. Also this seems to have been around for some time.

At least in my game 4 cinematics DO play fine in Archives, namely the ones most refined (intro, Zeratul vs Kerrigan, human Kerrigan left behind at New Gettysburg and final cinematic). So maybe this problem is somehow connected to pure game models and/or animations or something (the stuff we see between missions) on which these bugged cinematics so heavily rely on.

This is still an issue… does Blizzard even care about the game runnig bug free, or is it not worth it anymore since it is free to play now?

Hi, I had same problem. In the launcher I changed subtitles language to English and cinematics started working. They also worked after returning to the language I used. I had dubbing language set to English all the time.

1 Like

Same problem in Jan, 2021 - The Deal, The Prophecy, The Betrayal, and The Showdown all work, the rest do not.

I also had the same problem but after I did this and the computer check the program the cinematic were working again.

Corrupted and damaged game files can cause a wide variety of problems and errors. Use the repair tool to fix these issues.

1. Open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
  2. Click the game you are trying to repair.
  3. Click options below the title of the game and select Scan and Repair.
  4. Click Begin Scan.
  5. Wait for the repair to finish.
1 Like