Why Protoss lost today in GSL today and why Protoss is still OP

So I want to stress that Protoss is still stronger than Terran based on the qualification results for offline premier tournaments this year (which I will mention in a moment). But let’s look at why Protoss lost today:

1. In the Dear vs Cure matchup, Dear had aweful control. He lost multiple warp prisms to Cure in the same game. Compare Dear to PartinG, and PartinG lost few warp prisms and just had better control, micro, and strategy than Dear. Dear just isn’t PartinG and if he were, he may have won.

2. In the Trap vs Innovation matchup, it was a close series that could have gone either way. Trap wasn’t looking when Innovation dropped in WM in the last game and that tilted the last game to Innovation’s favor. That series could have gone either way. But remember that Innovation is possibly the GOAT SC2 player (debatable if Innovation or Maru is GOAT SC2 player) so the fact that somebody like Trap could almost beat the GOAT, it tells you the strength of Protoss.

Now let’s look at the qualification statistics for all offline premier tournaments this year for Protoss:

1. 10 Protoss qualify for IEM Katowice group stages out of 23 qualification spots
  2. 7 Protoss qualify for GSL Super Tournament out of 16 spots
  3. 7 Protoss qualified for this GSL out of 24 spots

Now let’s look at the same qualification statistics for Terran in the same offline premier tournaments:

1. 5 Terran qualify for IEM Katowice group stages out of 23 qualification spots
  2. 4 Terran qualify for GSL Super Tournament out of 16 spots
  3. 9 Terran qualified for this GSL out of 24 spots

So Protoss is arguably stronger than Terran in the qualification statistics for offline premier tournaments this year. Protoss is still stronger than Terran, no matter how you look at it, and PartinG shows the power of Protoss as he beat Maru.

6 Likes

I like how 2 Terrans win today and you still can make a balance whine post. Classy

Regardless, I think Cure and Innovation both played better than their opponents today, despite each race’s perceived weakness against the other. I just kind of wish Widow Mines don’t one shot Probes in a splash so you can actually have a chance for damage control if you miss the initial drop flying in.

24 Likes

This has been forum zergs for years.

6 Likes

And I wish storm wasn’t the strongest spell in the game and disruptors aren’t a GG unit but Protoss arguably has the best spell and best anti ground unit in the game.

3 Likes

Its allrdy the forums biggest meme, how terrans pretend that zergs whine the most, while everybody knows, that this forum is known for the constant whine from terrans.

21 Likes

PvT is broken. we need to start with fixing the economy lead that they have. would be a nice place to start.

5 Likes

The amount zergs whined last year after winning 7 premier tournaments in a row was beyond “whine”. I don’t even have a word to describe that level of whine.

3 Likes

I agree. Blizzard acknowledged in their latest patch notes that Protoss has an economic advantage heading into the 3rd base. In PartinG’s game against Maru, PartinG went up to 5 bases against Maru while Maru only had 3 bases, and PartinG managed to defend Maru’s attack. Maru had not really lost any units up to that point and Maru was expanding normally for a Korean pro Terran.

1 Like

Here i just want to stress than most Terran players are just entitled whiners, that want to have a broken race.

Look GSL stats =>
TvZ = 70 % (“the TvZ is in perfect place right now” according to Terrans).
TvP= 50 % (“Protoss is so OP in the MU” according to Terrans).

It’s very clear that Terrans want a 70% for each of their MU (it’s the same that during gomTvT).

We can’t count the number of stupid whine posts they create each days : whine when they win, whine that the other races whine, whine to ask for more buffs the same day they received another buff, whine when they received a buff (because they are not able to figure out it’s a buff due to the lack of knowledge about how to make a basic addition…).

21 Likes

But somehow still lost

1 Like

but somehow still won

1 Like

This is a preemptive yelping caused by fear that maybe Blizzy won’t proceed with buffing them and nerffing Zerg/Protoss as much as they would like.
They are like those animals that have messed in the kitchen and are waiting for the impending punishment…

3 Likes

lol strong damage control topic

Terran is beyond broken atm.

5 Likes

ugh I know a protoss player beat a terran player! Like ugh come on! And don’t get me started on the games that terran players won. I had already started this whine thread before the outcome of the games so I just changed a few words. They’re buffing the widow mines and all the zerg nerfs benefit terran more!

5 Likes

let me guess, all this whine came from one person - batz.

while since beginning of wol, we have CONSTANT terran whine in this forum. but yeah, try to convince yourself, that zerg whines the most… delusional.

4 Likes

I respectfully disagree.

1 Like

You gotta give Protoss credit too. They’ve been challenging Terrans for the title.

Look at all the Terrans running damage control after a dominating GSL season. What creative lies can they come up with this time? :eyes:

1 Like

NONONO.!Thats according to b LizarD. According to the NA gold forums whine terrans who are GM on other accounts and they watch a lot of starcraft so they have a knowledge of a pro:

• Queen op, defends anything
  • Creep op, its a maphack
  • Mutalisk harass is unstoppable
  • Swarm host beyond broken, it kills mech. Its super imba mega broken with nydus.
  • Baneling op, costs no supply, kills marines
1 Like

If I were to use this forum’s whining as a benchmark for balance I would think Terran, Zerg, and Protoss are all OP and need to be nerfed.

1 Like