Why is TvZ so fun?

The title says it all. TvZ is freaking awesome. I wish every game was a TvZ. What makes it so fun?

7 Likes

i think its fun because its pretty straight forward what you need to do for mid-high players and is very action packed.

im assuming you play bio i dont see how you can enjoy tvz if you play mech, or sc2 in general if you play mech.

2 Likes

Many viable builds I assume?

Explosions and both armies usually are made of low hp expendable units, and the dying sounds and animation look more solid, there is an explosion and something dies, with protoss their HP is higher and sometimes there is no deaths, no blood, and the death animations are not very satisfying, zealots, teleport and stalkers just leave some legs on the ground. BW was really nice because it was really visual, tons of blood and solid effects during battles.

5 Likes

True. I think mech players hate fun. They should probably play Protoss.

2 Likes

protoss = mech - thinking.

2 Likes

It’s kind of cancerous against a player that favours mutalisks. Not even saying it’s imbalanced just unfun.

3 Likes

Yup, bio vs zerg just keeps my adrenalin pumping, but turtle mech? Boring…battle mech? Boring attack/death sounds too…tvp? Ye broken stalker/imm/colosi legs? Not so much…smoke like death animation of zealot/dt/ht boring…but human and zerg guts scattered everywhere? Oh yeah!

1 Like

Classic human vs aliens maybe

2 Likes

Classic Humans vs Aliens bugs where the alien bugs rely on numbers and expendable units to win. Humans seige up in entrenched positions and Marines support it feels like starship troopers and other pop culture films.

3 Likes

I think it has something to do with how monotonous the animation and movement gets for most Protoss units.

that too,and the way protoss fights,without a lot of spread,most of the time clumped,while t and z must split fast,in tvp the only similar thing is disruptor shots but thats kinda boring,most of the time is just running away,splitting is nice but sometimes risky.

1 Like

Protoss units are sturdy with a ton of aoe and do not seem to have a lot of micro potential in large numbers. In TvZ it is often on the excecution in the engagements on both sides (I am thinking of real terrans who play bio, those who play mech I dont even know why they bother playing sc2 at all). While PvX it often feels less exciting because it is either a turtlefest to late game or an early all in.

The fact that you can win using only an early BC? A mine destroying half of Zerg army because randomness?

Maybe TvZ is funny, ZvT isn’t since WoL era.

1 Like

This season I started just instant quitting every TvP so I can get more fun matches with Zerg and Terran. I’m not a tournament player so no reason to put myself through games that aren’t fun, right? And if anyone actually likes playing against Protoss then good news! More Protoss for you. The weird thing is that my MMR has shot up. Somehow the extra Terran and Zerg practice more than made up for resigning my matches with P.

1 Like

I do mech/skyterran a lot in the MU and have like a 70% wr doing it. Super fun!

Yeah I thought about that but those games take super long. Usually 30 minutes or something. Really I just want to maximize the time I get to play TvZ, and TvT is my best matchup so usually those games don’t last that long. Plus, they are way more fun than TvP.

Mine last on average 10 minutes. Turns out opening Liberator BC is gud if you micro them and adapt to what the zerg does.

Oh, against Z? No, I love playing Z just with normal bio. It’s P that I don’t like.

Because you can do whatever you feel like doing and the Zerg has to react. When you dictate the game it’s a lot easier and more fun to play.