Why is spamming the scan ability still allowed?

I still fail to see how the balance team has not addressed this? Why is Terran allowed to just spam the scan ability one after the other? It should have a global cooldown so that Terrans actually have to build a detector unit.

12 Likes

Dude… Could you tell me how it beat you? Why? Your fault? Or you just want to some players chat with you…

5 Likes

It’s the fact that Terran don’t have to make detectors and can spam the scan ability at will. It invalidates DT’s for protoss and is why Terran MMM is dominating the game.

The game has a sh*t ton of flaws that need to be addressed, but the balance team nerfs observer speed…

9 Likes

What? Did you think DT is good? Emmm. It cost too much gas and minerals. You won’t have enough main force army. Actually, warprism zealots are better than DT. They are cheaper.

OK, if you want to design a strategy( Actually, my ability is not enough to do it, I think. Me, not you. So, I only can give you some advice according to my understanding )
First , how can you defend the first terran main force attack? If he chose all-in or banshee? How?

Their detector unit its the worst in terms of actual unit detecting, they cost a lot of gas,not much HP, they require tech lab and the building time its high.Compare it to the zerg method of selecting any overlord and transforming it in a few seconds and the option of a speed upgrade.Toss observers are cheap and can be made pretty fast even without chrono.

Also,scan has a cost,every time a terran send a scan,they are not getting minerals.If you manage to get a sacan and kill something,the DT pays itself,specially if you upgrade it with blink so you can bait scans or simply scape.Remember, the unit has the same damage as an ultralisk and its always cloaked, many games whrn both players have a bad eco DTs are extremely strong and can win games by just making one of them.

6 Likes

Can you imagine the raven getting a speed upgrade? Ketroc would be rank 1 GM in a week.

What’s the problem ? Each time they drop a scan, they didn’t use it for mule, so they don’t get the 240 mineral.

1 Like

im assuming you are complaining that you lost when making dts. First of all, at whatever league your probably at dark Templar have a very high win rate vs terran. scans actually arent a cheap or reliable form of detection because each scan cost 200, and i know this is hard for you but you can actually split up the dark Templar to force them to scan in multiple locations. you say a detector unit but having to make a raven would force terran players to have a tech lab instead of reactor so they cant make medivacs as fast. If terran players know dts are coming they will probably add on missile turrets, and thats the thing about dark Templar, they are a semi cheese unit.

Actually I support him. Not because “terrans need to build detector” but because all terrans have been complaining about recall cooldown so it’s seems fair to limit the 15 min “scan the whole map to find you army” ability

7 Likes

Why is spamming tumor still allowed? Balance team should get on this. One tumor per game tops. >.>

1 Like

What that guy said. Plus in order to spam scan we are talking about late game (20 mins+) with 4-5 extra orbitals just for scanning. On 2-3 bases you can barely scan.

It’s not just scan, all the OC abilities are ridiculous. Literally the only race that gets a get out of jail free card for failing to manage supply properly and don’t get me started on mule hammer.

4 Likes

Aren’t the double standards fun? Look closely and you will see dozens more. Terran is the casual race for a reason. Blizzard has designed it to be as easy to play as possible.

3 Likes

Scan is fine. IMO.
20 chars

1 Like

LUL slow, expensive Raven with barely any useful abilities and you want less detection? Rofl

Limit MULE, limit scan, how about we limit larva inject and chronoboost huh? Observer and Overseer with static defense, more speed but we need to not have any detection. It is also costing MULES and supplies. these bronze replies that MULe and scan are OP…

Let me guess, another of these low APM Protoss noobs that want to get away with DTs and all sorts of cheeses and go M league with only cheese - the only race that historically can go upper leagues with nothing but cheeses most of the time whatever balance and design , and cry that their DTs get stopped… haha

Really this is why MMM dominates the game (newsflash clueless one, it doesn’t it only works when it works thx to new EMP)? Because cant insta win with DTs?? :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

has to be one of these toss that take win for granted with little effort.

now do you see why some of us hate users of protoss race so much?

How about no, because it’s akin to killing mules, and I want terrans to cry about having to spam scan instead of spam mules

Would have bothered to respond but to be frank I have no ideea what you are trying to say. Subtitles please? Because clearly you didn’t understand my message either.

1 Like

I don’t know, why are Vipers able to abduct multiple units within the same frame given they have the energy? Why isn’t there a cooldown on many of the abilities in this game?

Why do you have to narrow it down to just scan? Terran’s only actually viable detector that doesn’t cost supply, a lot of resources and isn’t punished for being too slow?

If Terran can get a Overseer or Observer type of detector then you might have a point, but maybe if you just played Terran often enough you might understand why Scan is a thing.

And lets not forget that scan means there won’t be a MULE or Supply Drop, which translates into slower income and/or slower supply chains.

1 Like

That was exactly my point… why recall has a cooldown?

lol… just lol

2 Likes

change creep to bw style, slow down overlord to BW as well. AA turret detection all but long range, there is no deploy button. raven is a sheet unit for most purposes, it is a caster first, with no gamechanging destructive utility. It did have some, annoying almost as viper. Nerf that one too. But who really cares. Give raven irradiate, defensive matrix, what else ? :smiley: