Why is SC2 the only Blizz game WITHOUT 2560x1080 ultrawide support?

You’re probably right, logic doesn’t apply to Blizzard’s decisions and never will lol. They could easily and cheaply implement some sort of fix that both doesn’t provide more visible screen real estate, and also doesn’t skew the picture, but they can’t be bothered.

2 Likes

Oh, so what you really want is to simply preserve the aspect ratio. That’s different than what you described and yeah, that should be a thing but I’m also pretty sure you can force that via your display driver.

1 Like

I have a super ultrawide 49" 5120x1440 and I’d like to have the ability to set that resolution. If really is a problem of fairness with not allow it just for non ranked?

I don’t understand why FOV is so special so that it gives this great advantage when there are many more settings and conditions that gives an edge too and nobody is complaining about them. I don’t think people is requesting this feature to win more, I personally couldn’t care less, so please at least in non ranked games…

1 Like

Because they don’t give sh1t about this game, it still run on single core engine and lags as hell even on pc rigs which are 3 times more powerful, than recommended specs…

1 Like

I have a 5:4 1080p monitor >.< i know its not standard anymore but the issue i get is being too far zoomed in. you’d think my FoV would include a bit more height, but instead it feels very scrunched compared to old SC2 was on 5:4. so ive actually got even less of the game on my screen compared to 16:9. so the argument against 21:9 being unfair is kinda mute at that point. i cant even change to 16:9 from the game as its forced to native monitor res by default. even in window. please let players use custom resolutions.

1 Like

Maybe I’m too late to answer, but there is way to add those black bars as you mentioned. All you need to do, is go to your nvidia control panel / Display / Adjust desktop size and position and select Override the scaling mode set by games and programs. Boom, no more stretching, if you’re ok with those black side bars :wink:

1 Like

2020 here; and still no widescreen support?
Im aware of the ‘competitive advantage’
but is it really that hard to force the game to ‘zoom in’ just a little so you get more vision to the left/right but LESS top/bottom? it wouldn’t be that hard to calculate visible area and make sure that ultrawide has the same area…
If-anything that would put wide-screens at a slight disadvantage; as central area is faster to move the mouse to than the edges of an ultrawide. but I would still be willing to take it, over the ugliness that is black-bars and I would assume most would agree (which is why so many people play on ultra)

If there is simply no-way to balance it for competitive play; then force leterbox ONLY during competitive play. or allow 13:9 users to play at 21:9 resolution with black bars on the top/bottom of their screens too :wink:

1 Like

Never has an issue running the game at 2560x1440 turned my pc on today and magically the option for it is gone in my menu. im stuck on 1920x1440. Is this something the patched or am I just going crazy?

Im running a 2080ti on a oddessy g9 49inch widescreen.

I would like ultrawide support AT LEAST for single player and coop. It makes no sense to remove it for those two modes.

1 Like

I met a Blizzard employee (at one of their overseas offices) over a few drinks recently and brought up the issue with the missing ultrawide resolution, and she said she is surprised that I still even cared about SC2. I guess that explains it all. There’ll never be ultrawide support even for single player. Do what I did, uninstall and move on. Once you go ultrawide you never go back, not even for SC2. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

laughs in 4096x2160

This is such an odd thing for them to say, saying that they are surprised you even care about it, indicating it is a “dead game”-- whatever that means.

I mean, people still play it.