Why did we nerf the beatable widowmine?

I surprise you.

I agree fully with what you say.

2 Likes

not really, u build robo and got 1 observer and then build immortals, when u spend resources on detection your army NOT weaker, army is STRONGER, because army have detection, so WM will be useless vs you.

Then same could be said about saving the energy for a scan. The army is now stronger cause it has the orbital protecting it. DT’s will now be useless vs you.

2 Likes

Why are we comparing DTs to widow mines? They have very little in common. One is a single use spellcaster that needs to take a few seconds to burrow, take a few more seconds to target, and wait another 29 seconds to fire again. The other is a single target, melee permanently cloaked unit, with about the same health. I’m not entirely sure what you’re comparing here, especially considering there are different tech paths and costs for each.

Widow mines are strong. they have their purpose. They are good against mass stalkers and carriers. If you’re building widows mines for anything else then you’re playing the game wrong. That’s like a protoss building sentries to kill broodlords.

Because the widow mine was changed. Widowmine isn’t a spellcaster. It is a mine. A “widow mine”.

Scan doesn’t give you anywhere near as much intel as an ovie, obs, or hallucinated Phoenix, and it’s more expensive than all of those combined so… Your point is kinda dumb.

However, scan has very important advantages over those other options. Scan is instant, on demand uncounterable revelation at any point in the map. None of the other things you mentioned have that. They have to be built, have to get to the point you want the vision and can be killed, removing said vision. So… As you put it… Your point is kinda dumb.

3 Likes