Why are protoss so OP?

Why are their cloaked units so op? The only way I can defeat them is by scanning with the command centre which eventually run out, meanwhile all my 20 marines where getting butchered 2 by 2 by some invisible force. Can someone give me some advice on how to deal with this? I just got my league placement (gold tier 3) and nearly all of my loses where because of protoss… bliz pls balance??

1 Like

Ok I’ll bite. Missile turrets?
The earliest that Protoss can get out DTs is about 4:30. If the reaper scout sees a dark shrine, build an ebay and turrets.

If they are slow, then scout again.

If they hide the dark shrine, then you should scout with single marines.

I always go fast eBay for upgrades anyway,

You can’t really say that is op,because the protoss have to make quite a big investment just to warp dt’s,which gives you time to react.If you want to be safe make the 1/1/1 build and open with Raven,Cyclone and cover any possible dead spots where he can drops the dt’s (safe 1,2 scans if you are not sure).Also reaper scout,check how many pylons he has,if something looks dodgy look around the map and send scv to scout with the reaper around the map as well.If you are not sure about builds watch more replays and vods and do more researches.Watch also vods of the other races,so you can learn the possible timinga of each race.This game is about knowledge the micro and macro will come with time.Hope this helps,gl hf!

You just need to play more defensively. When you have 20 marines and no engeneering bay, you did something wrong.
You could just build 2 widow mines, then like 5-6 tanks (or thors if you see air units) from your factory and 2 medivacs, then 1 raven, then 3-4 more medivacs and then like 10-20 liberators from your starport or something like that.
If about 1/3 of your army is non-bio units (medivacs, liberators, tanks, thors, widow mines), you are in a good spot.

So something like depot, gas, barracks (4 marines, then reactor, factory (2-4 widow mines, then techlab for tank, 2nd depot & OC upgrade for your cc, 2nd cc, bunker right at your 2nd command center, … should be good
At minute 4:00 or a little earlier, you burrow 1 widow mine per mineral line and save one scan while you build 1 ebay.
If you have too much gas, get upgrades and expand (because you need more minerals) and if you have too many minerals, get more production (barracks).
Focus on spending your ressources and getting your important upgrades (all barracks techlab upgrades, ebay upgrades) and start an armory when you start +1 armor for your bio units).

If you loose to any strategy below like masters 2, you should really focus on getting your macro / build order / strategy right.
In gold it’s really just playing save (units before turrets if possible!) and spending your ressources asap.

You can always upload a replay to
_drop.sc ( <— post links like this please )
and post the link here.

In BW spidermines autokill DT witout detection… ask David Kim why he changes that.

Defensively at home, build turrets close to the entrances to your base (which have detection), and have a seiged tank or liberator, or bunked marines, that can kill them if they try to come in when the turrets reveal them.

For warp prism drops, this is already a risk with zealots etc so defenses are the same. Build missile turrets around the fringes of your base to deny prism entry, and have a seiged tank and bunked marines stationed in the main for defense if that fails. If you have a lot of turrets, you have a lot of detection, and you can scan if that fails.

One thing you have to watch out for is that if the DTs get into your base the first thing they will kill are the missile turrets, denying you detection. That’s why it’s important you have defensive units stationed nearby which can kill them as soon as they are detected. If you don’t have any defenses near a base, that’s already a problem regardless of whether its DTs or not.

When you’re out with your units attacking, it’s simple - just build one raven and have it travel with the army. Ravens give you detection. Failing that, as soon as you hear the ‘swipes’ of DTs, scan immediately and your units will see and kill the DTs. You ought to have several scans up your sleeve before you enter a major confrontation involving most of your and your opponents army.

The key thing is to learn to ‘keep an ear out’ for the sound of DT swipes. If you miss it, they will kill a lot of your units without you realising. If you are aware of the risk and learn to recognise the sound and have scans on hand, it’s not that big of a deal.

PS defensively at home, you can also build one raven and hotkey it. If DTs are attacking your somewhere, select the raven and fly it to where the DTs are immediately, and then send your army in when it is arriving.