Who else wants a slower game?

Well my concrete is over last decade games like cs go, dota/lol prospered while sc2 going down and down and down with only excuses its only rts on market so it must do something good “right” and in age when time is scarce maybe it’s time to reconsider that “he who clickity the fastest and have the least life shall be best in this game”

1 Like

Tons of play styles are viable and if you want a slower game then play a slower style.

Would you suggest the game speed such as it is in the campaign?

Are you still referring to the game speed here or are you referring to the array of early pressure builds? Such builds have the potential of ending a game in under 4 minutes.

And if the vote fails to return a favorable result, does that then mean the person has to queue up again and once again cast a vote?

Yes, as the campaign speed will be OK.

Its amusing how you just throw out some games and ignore any possible reasoning for it.

Have you considered that maybe team based games are doing well because of the social aspect they enable.

People have friend. People want to play games with friends.
Are these 100% the reason those games have done well? No. Are they possible reasons? Yes.

Are you capable of coming up with any reasons beyond he who clicks fastest?

I was masters 4 time so no he who click fastest and have the least life shall be good in this game

The slower game could be separate mode, like (or instead of :grin: ) Archon

I’ve proposed a solution that should satisfy everyone: please have a look at this thread: Additional separate ladder on normal game speed

Cheers!

U dont know how many wants a slower game!

I think none of us can have a reliable opinion as long as he/she hadn’t played minimum 100 games on normal speed. In theory it seems nice to me, strategy would matter more than skill. I would difinitely like to try it, but would it be more or less enjoyable, or would it be more comfortable and practical, only experience of doing it can tell me that.

It’s called turtling, playing defensively.

Well maybe there always be faster people than me, but i spoke for the rest.

And who are the rest? You think only some chosen ones play at Faster game speed, everybody plays it at such. I can find golds and plats that wouldn’t mind the speed that is/ More like a minority or one person with multiple accounts to necro old threads here

I really dont know who are the rest nor how many, but im sure im not the oly one.

Im with you, less speed = more creativity and you know actually strategy.

1 Like

The issue is that playing faster is a viable way to win the game irrespective of any other factor. Playing fast should be a way to fudge your odds to win. When a normal person might have a 40% win-rate in some situation, a fast player might have a 45% win-rate. Unfortunately, speed is 95% of the skill in SC2 so the faster player wins 95% of the time, and this is true irrespective of any other factor.

Well as a competitive game, blizzard cant change the ranked game for the new players to be easier, or for the players who arent that good at the game.

For that you have custom games, you should find some people who have low ELO Rank… and practice there at any speed you want

At the end, starcraft is a game, you should have fun with it

If the game is too fast… maybe you should try other games too, maybe War selection, or age of empire… idk or even starcraft 1

Oh, there are 2 posts like these. And I agree, I could make a 3rd. I ask people how would they feel like playing Need4Speed on 16x speed, would that be fun or not?

But I think it’s not the game speed itself that’s the problem, but how the economy works and how fast you can get maxed.

It’s called a GAMING MOUSE