When is the next XP Stimpack?

I tried purchasing things in shop to trigger one but nothing happened.

Kinda crummy that this game feels left to die…

:frowning: :cry:

1 Like

They’ve indeed long been removed. You can still get War Chest skins, but at higher prices vs. when they first came out, and without the XP boosts. No more CO Bundles either :frowning:

The announcement back in Oct. 2020 said “no more new, paid content”. However you’d like to “wordsmith” it, it felt like this included XP purchasing boosts. It’s been more than a year, and the fact that we didn’t even get patches/updates confirms the writing was on the wall early on.

I wouldn’t say the game is dead, as you can still log on, queue up for standard Brutal game, and be matched in 5 to 15 seconds. Triple that time if it’s late at odd hours. However, for the most part, this is it, barring whatever Microsoft would like to do (for better or for worse) when they take the helm.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I just picked up the game again. Last time I was playing was around 2014. I feel like they made lots of improvements, but a little late.

2 Likes

Wow… it has been a while for you then! Yeah, coop mode got introduced in 2015 with the final LotV expansion. I myself didn’t start until… 2016 or 17? And even then, I was only playing it sporadically (I didn’t even have it installed on my own PC!). I got in on some of the “trendiness” (was there when 2 new missions/maps were released, and I played Mengsk on the weekend he was released. That was rough getting into a game), and some of the updates/nerfs/buffs/patches (e.g. Karax unit discount mastery being overhauled to additional life and shields, discounts on 8 of his ability upgrades! Or the final changes to Zeratul and Stukov). I either missed out or glossed over some of the others (like Kerrigan Omega Worms getting detection, Vorazun getting nerfed, changes to Fenix).

The XP boosts really did help me a lot when I was leveling up due to not playing it as often as I’d like. For newcomers, it will be a grind. Their aid was hardly trivial, as folks can buckle down and get some really far strides with an additional +100% XP bonus. However, they were still limited time affairs with limited durations (Stimpacks via CO Bundles only lasted 30 days, while War Chest XP boosts lasted a few months), so that wouldn’t have lasted that long anyways.

Playing this day in age, just try to have fun. Understand that if you’d like to get EVERYTHING (leveling up, achievements, etc.), it will be a marathon (for example, it took me 9 months to go through P1 to P3 for all 18 COs). Honestly, just pick some stuff you’d like to try out for the time being (barring later prestiges since you have to do them in order, or mastery levels which you’ll need to work towards). I’ve known people who play less or even outright quit. Nothing wrong with that either.

Will recommend the following sites for more coop info…
http://sc2coop.tiddlyspot.com/ - mostly for prestige and regular/“blue font” leveling up

https://starcraft2coop.com/ - up to date and done on a regular basis

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Co-op_Missions - I don’t know if this really got updated, but it’s still relevant and a good read

https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Co-op_Missions - wiki covers everything, but here’s the main one that deals with coop

Hey! I read on a web site that if you bought the war chest in the past, you can login to a different server, for example if you are on europe you can log in on Asia server and if it is the first log in on that server, all your purchases in the past comes live again , so now you can re-login on your main server but already have all that extra bonuses, because all the purchases travel through all 3 servers on same account, People say that you can still get the Coop Bonus Xp Stimpack for 30 days in that way. Did you try that? i am curious if it is true, i can not check that because i never buy war chests…

I just checked, since I’d bought most of the warchests and never logged into Asia. I can confirm that this does work.

3 Likes

I meant to get back to you on this. Better late than never I suppose…
I never checked. I honestly have no interest in the other servers.