What's the most brain blasting discovery you've made in co-op?

That happens from time to time in the replays. Not exactly sure what triggers that (I think if you leave the current player on one of them too long, or after a certain point in the game?).

Also odd that there’s usually a number next to the player (1 or 2, which is what you press on your keyboard as the shortcut), but here, it’s just an ‘e’ with an accent aigu (that goes from bottom left to top right)

1 Like

It happens quite often when watching replays, when you change your view to another player, both icons become the same.

1 Like

Clever workaround for AZERTY keyboard :wink:

1 Like

Came across a weird bug.
Apparently Zweihaka standing on the cliff prevents him from attacking.
He can only nod.

2 Likes

When playing around with Karax P1… it is actually quite hilarious what a probe can get away with doing when following your ally into a base to set up offensive cannons. Additionally once the cannons go up enemies will just outright ignore the probe while you set up more.

Got to watch out for those siege tanks though.

When I visited the Collections tab after launching the search of a game, and changed portrait, my portrait wasn’t changed until next game.
But after the game, instead of going to the score (mission result) then Coop tab, I was transported to the Collection tab, then going to co-op loaded the score, and finally the discovery: I was still on “random commander”, it had not moved to the commander I player.
I wonder if it was just an usual random end game bug, or if it’s a lead to find a method to stay on random commander and more quickly start the next game afterward. :thinking:

edit: Just going on Collections tab doesn’t seem to be enough, but when I tried again to change my portrait, it worked.
Also:
Imgur
My experiments made the Collections tab bug like hell :smiling_imp:

edit: aww, it’s no longer working. Did I accidentally point out something so easy to fix that it…got fixed?

2 Likes

On DoN (Dead Of Night), The Infested Structures ALL have the Light tag! I never noticed this till later on (I just assumed all buildings have the Armored tag)! With somebody like Swann, this makes Hellbats better to take them on! As a bonus, when broodlings spawn from killing them, they’ll make cake work out of them as well! Great overall for the hordes of Infested walker to boot.

On a related note, I now send out Karax Colossi on this map as well since they get bonuses vs. Light

1 Like

This happened once a while back and mostly by accident - most of us are aware that the Archangel bonus on Void Thrashing will fly over to the other side if it’s damaged a lot but not killed quickly. Once it’s healed up enough and re-attacked, it will again attempt to fly back to the side where it initially was. Not sure if this happens on an infinite loop until the bonus timer runs out.

This is unrelated to official Coop mission but it is interesting nonethess.
When you pick Turkey Shoot mutation in Maguro Maps, your maximum supply is added to your partner and can potentially go up to 400 supplies maximum.
Without Sharing is Caring Mutation, which limits your supply by your given supply limit, you can go beyond your limit and cut loose.

Stukov’s buildings, when uprooted, move faster when they are chronoboosted by Karax.

Well technically by any Chrono Boost, not just Karax. Or did you mean Chrono Wave?

Yes, that. When I hear him activate it though, I hear Karax call it chronoboost.

Yeah, he does say that (as far as I know). It’s been like that forever lol. There’s far too many chrono’s - boost, wave, beam, field, :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

Dehaka building does that too! But while Stukov Building gets faster by Waves, they don’t :frowning:

1 Like

It’s also confusing in where the game sometimes refers to “unit” actual units, to things without the Structure tag, or to ANYTHING (even buildings).

Yeah, there so many of these little bugs. The most notable to date still is probably the “our enemy is (race)”. Then they say it’s Terran when it’s Zerg or what not.

Coop in a nutshell from day 1 though lol.

1 Like

Stukov Queens “Spawn Broodling” can hit Shuttles in Void Launch.
In Brutal, 2 hits would leave the ship with 0 shields and 100 hp (from 300 shields and 400 hp), not bad.
I discovered that while playing around in Casual (when 1 hit instant kill the shuttle), so I don’t know if the overall abilities of those units make it worth it.

If you use Tychus Odin Barrage, then the nuke research finish, you can use the nuke on that same Odin summon.
I haven’t paid enough attention to see if it interrupted my ongoing barrage, or if both were perfectly overlapping.

It doesn’t interrupt, the timing is fine if you aim for ~10.5min. Although it’s practical use is unfortunately limited.

This happened to me once, a long while back: I used barrage and while it was still barraging, nuke research completed. The barraging fully completed but Nuke was not available / greyed out once the barrage was done.

In general, you should try to barrage + nuke with the first Odin. Start nuke research by 9-9:15. Call Odin at 10:15 and use barrage quickly. Nuke research finishes by 10:30-10:45. Use Nuke. Cannot rinse and repeat.