What Prestige makes specific COs viable for you?

I’m guessing Karax would be a top contender. He got a whole lotta complaints, even when he went “3.0” (just before prestige got released), but each of his Prestige offers a nice boost to compliment 3 distinct play styles.

For me…

Played through all their prestige, and one of them would draw me in…
Raynor - P1
Abathur - P1
Without their respective prestiges, I’d either never bother with them, or only play them sparingly.

Haven’t played their Prestiges yet, so don’t know…
Tychus, Mengsk, Fenix, Kerrigan, Dehaka

Haven’t played their Prestige, but like them anyways: Artanis

Everyone else I enjoyed playing, but their prestige made it better/different.

BONUS QUESTION: Which Prestige did nothing to draw you back in to using certain COs?

At least 1-2 prestige drew me in for each CO. They added a different flavour or made previously viable but weaker styles stronger.

Kerrigan’s P1 makes playing her actually enjoyable for me because Q + Q + R, spam Nydus and unload Nydus every fight is not exactly indicative of good and engaging gameplay.

And sort of the opposite effect is with Raynor’s P2 as it gives me no reason to ever touch Swann not to mention all of Swann’s prestiges are pretty meh.

Zagara’s P1 for sure. 50% more supply, double free banelings as well as free scourge. Sign me up.

Kerrigan’s P3 has made her a lot more interesting for me. While I’d play Kerrigan before, it was more so when I wanted someone easy to play that wasn’t Zeratul or Tychus. I could only play her for so long though as I’d end up mostly making Hydralisks with the odd Ultralisk here and there. With her P3, I feel like I can be a lot more flexible with my army comp. I find her really-well-geared as an enabler for whatever army she goes, and I can feel like I’m doing something different every game as a result.

And oddly enough, Vorazun’s P2 has kind of made me more interested in the commander as a whole. As bad as it is, I like being able to go something other than DT/Corsair for once. Even when I don’t go P2 I feel like Vorazun is a bit more dynamic of a commander than she was before, just by virtue of knowing that her other units exist.

1 Like

Kerrigan P3 as she han use habilities directly to air, vs heavy air comps does wonders (P2 is good as well but also like human Kerri).

Karax P2, tried the cannon push but is kinda hard sometimes so I prefer to build Energizers, Sentinels and Carriers and clean whatever comes

Vorazun P3, spamming accumulated SG at the time you stop time gives her an incredible weapon to fight in those moments you need to be at two places at once or invade a base

Alarak P3 was one of the earliest Prestiges I did. I did not really touch Alarak otherwise because of his extremely painful ramp up time, not to mention ascendants are a pain to micromanage.

The Mothership added some really nice early game pushing power.

As for prestiges that did not draw me back to a commander, I would have to say Fenix. I understand they are not bad prestiges, but I just did not care for the gameplay style.

They all were already viable at P0. And none of commanders which I considered the least favorite got actually good prestiges, sadly.

I think all the P0 COs are totally viable if you take the time to learn them.

From what I have seen on this forum and Reddit, Alarak P3 was one of the Prestige that got them playing Alarak again. Personally I don’t think Vanilla Alarak is under powered, He’s got so many tools. Same with P1 Raynor (mentioned by OP) for people who doesn’t like macro / micro, maybe Vorazun P1.

For me, I was ok with the vanillas, each CO was designed well. I think some prestiges can be improve.

Raynor P3 plays different from P0. About the same amount of marco-ing but not as much micro need compared to P0. This makes his BC build much faster.

Artanis P3 can do some easy solos on some maps but is harder for P0.

Vanilla is best, change my mind P0 Swann and Abathur. Hoorah!

1 Like

For this thread, I’m getting people’s specific views. There shouldn’t be any question that overall, all of the P0 COs are viable for standard games (as opposed to mutation).

Zagara. I never really got her concept as being a suicide commander and yet you get control of a hero unit that should not be suicided. Her prestiges remedy this and more. Like going full terrorist? P1 is for you. Like having an actual army? P2 is for you. Want to focus on Zagara? Slip into P3.

A good second would be Karax P2 if you really just want an army. But P0 still has its uses as being a flexible pick for any situation.

For “really increasing interest in a low interest commander” (although I like them all and often play random)

Raynor (P3 and P1) both made existing styles more interesting
Alarak (P3) …I like WW… MS is a great blocker for them