What order will the races be assigned in SC3?

You know, as far as playing the campaign. For example in SC1 Protoss was saved for last. Yet in Brood War, the campaign begins with Protoss.

1 Like

What makes you think they’re even working on SC3? Especially since they’re probably making plenty of money from SC2.

3 Likes

If they did, they wouldn’t stop supporting it

I guess there should be some new races.

SC1 = SC2 (terran, zerg, protoss)
Broodwar = SC3?
Protoss - Terran - Zerg

2 Likes

Or Zerg - Protoss - Terran. That would be interesting.

1 Like

I don’t know what’s funnier. The idea that there would be SC3 any time soon or new races.

1 Like

That’s the order I did my Custom Campaign in.

1 Like

I am not really sure what SC3’s story would be, but surely the race order would be based on that.

I think Blizzard might have really disconnected SC2 in terms of story; it might be a result of their expenditures into other franchises.

They added a “grand ending” to the story, and it seems like a future story arc would be a prequel or something other than another major story arc after SC2. There aren’t really loose ends concerning Amon or many reasons for another large conflict.

They’re making so much fat cash that they can’t spare the manpower and time to make stimpacks permanently available in the store to those who play co-op.

Prequel doesn’t sound like a good idea, but I wouldn’t be against a timeskip.

I don’t want a prequel either, they have retconned enough from SC1 already.

There won’t be races.
There will be commanders.
More than in co-op.
Each with a 3 mission campaign costing 60$.
:dollar: :dollar::dollar: ٩( ᐛ )و :dollar::dollar::dollar:

1 Like

I don’t believe there will be a SC3 but if there is this is definitely the direction I’d feel they would go.

Maybe $60 is an exaggeration but they’d definitely go with Co-Op commanders with single player mission packs that would amount to costing the customer more $ for less single player content .

That didn’t stop them from making World of Warcraft after making Warcraft 3. Welk, technically they were in development at the same time. But they were able to continue the story for the last two decades.

If they want to continue the SC story, then they will. It doesn’t matter what happened so far. They’ll retcon it into oblivion again like they always.

Even so, I don’t think a SC3 is likely for economic and company culture reasons. Everyone who worked on SC1 and SC2 have long since left the company. They formed Frost Giant Studios and stuff.

If there will be a SC3 or spiritual successor, then it will come out of Frost Giant Studios.

Or maybe it will be Immortal: Gates of Pyre. It has several factions superficially similar to SC factions. Jora are dieselpunk humans, Qrath are imperialistic space angels, Iratek are hiveminded plant people, etc.

Who knows?

1 Like