What if Chrono Boost can be multi-casted?

This what-if episode is kind of an earnest this time.
What is your opinion if Chrono Boost can be cast multiple time from one Nexus but at cost of 50 energy.

I made 4 changes.

1. Chrono Boosts can be casted
    multiple times from one Nexus

2. Costs 50 energy

3. They are permanant

4. Nexus don’t start with Chrono Boost

I feel while Chrono Boost is important ability (or at least important enough to warrant a mastery skills in every Protoss (Zeratul Excluded)), its use is limited.
Yes, you can make more Nexus’s to get more chrono boosts but you have to pay 400 minerals and personally I don’t think it isn’t quite fair (of course Nexus can be built as walls).
I thought it would be better if Nexus can cast multiple boosts and fulfill its potential (with some restrictions of course like 50 energy costs).

If this is implemented, Protoss commanders can build their army and upgrade faster and assist allies more effectively.
Karax P1 will really shine with this ability.

Another things.
I made Chrono Boosts to affect other things.

1. Vorazun’s Assimilators can harvest +22.5%~52.5% (which would yield 60 > 88 to 92 within 15 seconds (so that’s 28~32 gases more)). I am fine without this improvement.
    This could be helpful on DT/Corsair Build which requires lots of Gas but you can always make more Centurions as mineral dumps.

Ehh… I like the early game boost it provides for getting workers out faster, especially combined with Karax, so not sure how I feel about not starting with it early game.

That said, I admit that I never take chrono mastery because the alternative is always better, so I guess improving the ability would not hurt anything.

Actually… perhaps your suggestion could work best as a Vorazun exclusive, she is the time and gravity manipulation commander, but make her nexus start with it.

Edit: oops, thought you meant it was an ability to be researched when you said it does not start with it, but now the question is… is it too op?

This changes many things fundamentally in multiple ways. It’s kind of like when Chrono could target warping structures.

I met one person who did just that. I had to inquire with him making was it, 4 to 5 Nexi for P2 Karax. That’s his “standard operating procedure”. He noticed I was Vorazun and said when plays Vorazun, he normally has more (around 10!?)

You’re saying that like it’s a bad thing :stuck_out_tongue:

The original warping chrono was not a bad thing because it actually inadvertently hit a sweet spot on many commanders to buff chrono boost into a competitive meta.

This buff is definitely over the top, being able to multi-cast (lest we forget we can make more Nexi), affects are permanent, can affect gases… I mean that’s going to change every single commander and every single strategy (and their synergy).

If you’re on the side of “any buff is always good” then I guess… but I think it is a bit too much. A fun concept to perhaps watch to see why it isn’t necessarily a good idea, so to speak in practice.

In my defence Chrono Boost mastery isn’t really a favourable pick especially when the other mastery in the same set (like SoA energy mastery/Extra supply/Overcharge).

But to be fair, even if I pick the C.B mastery it doesn’t make their performance worse. They do help me to pull out Machine/Flying Bois quickly (at least they all kinda feels the same in the middle of the game).

Well, anyways back when I made this video I wanted to give more love to C.B mastery and I was curious how others thought.

I think it could work by putting more restriction (50 > 75 (or 100) energy increase) and nerfs (+30% mastery > +10% mastery) with above mentioned advantages.

I could see it being a unique for Karax P1. (Nexuses cast Chrono for ~100 energy)…although P1 really should have “build range=500” instead. to lean into offensive cannoning.

I got a question.

I play as Karax and my friend as Vorazun.
I put all mastery into chrono boost so i have 52.5% but his Vorazun have the unmastery chrono boost.
If he has already put his unmastery chrono on his building, does that mean he is forever stuck with the 22.5% because i could not buff him?

1 Like

How Chrono can spend energy and be permanent in the same time? What is the incentive of more Nexi when one can wait for 200 energy, cast it on 4 Structures (200/50=4) and have 4 structures permanently boosted?
If you remove the “permanent” condition then we will have the Chrono in the normal 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 game.

That’s a good question. I guess one chrono would replace another but you wouldn’t tell the difference between the two.

I thought it was a bother to have C.B boosted again and again time to time so I initially proposed to have them be permanent.
I gave some thought and proposed some restrictions and nerfs (which is stated above) to make them empowered but balanced.

I’d say (if this somehow came to pass lol), one chrono cannot cast/replace another. And that is currently how it works.

What would make this crappy in that sense is when you have one mediocre ally with non-optimized mastery, let’s say non-mastery chrono, but wanted to ‘help’ and cast on an important structure. And your own optimized chrono with mastery can no longer do that same structure.

Still, the overall boost is far more than the single chrono we have now.