What Commander do you want to see next?

They are still part terran, not zerg as in the sense that a zergling is.
And no, stukov’s forces are not actually part of the swarm. Not in co-op.

They go faster on Creep, they need OVerlords for supply, the Zerg logo is shown at the victory screen. They can burrow. What more do you need?

3 Likes

Let’s face it, what people really want is for Selendis’s mothership to kidnap cows and do horrible experiments on them.

We’re on to you, Selendis!

3 Likes

I am more into the KMC than anything else, but Umoja does have some interesting things going for it. Should it be a Terran-Protoss thing… not really in my opinion.

I don’t even care if it’s Selendis. It’s just absurd that the only faction on the game with a heroic unit in VS is unable to use that unit in any real capacity in Co-op.

I’d take almost anyone if they had a permanent mothership

In the LoV prologue mission Dark Whispers Zeratul faces Terrans who are able to warp in on the battlefield just like the Protoss. I want a Terran commander who uses Protoss technology.

1 Like

Them pirates from Rifts to Korhal, what’s their face… Kimeran pirates? They have a bunch of super high tier stuff like warplike teleport technology and so on. They’s pirates, but still. I think their capital ship can also cloak, which is cool for a Cattlebruiser.

I was just about to mention that Valerian could use those captured Pylons from the Prologue. He seems like he’d use those to warp in his forces.

I think Tosh could use the Pirate Ship unit. He is; after all a Pirate.

1 Like

That’d be nice if we could get matching building skins for GA, like they did with some other sets recently. I honestly thought we’d get more building skins in the last warchest to catch up on missing ones from the previous releases.

Not sure how that would work but if there was some kind of Karax-like Zerg commander that could be interesting.

We probably wont see another Terran commander anytime soon but Valerian with Umojan building skins package would be awesome.

Better as an accouncer, imo

See above.

2 Likes

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

One thing: I think the next Warchest might have the Royal Guard skins. But, you might be right that they instead go with building skins.

I really hope it’s buildings.
4/5 warchests are unit skins so far while 1/5 are building skins.

1 Like

Maybe that the lore goes against me lmao.
You ever seen Kerrigan directly control the infested? Seen any queen do that?
No. That’s because they are not connected to the swarm because they are not alive. Zerglings are alive. Queens are alive. Infested are basically just terrans being slowly consumed by a mindless parasite. That’s why Stukov makes them go around by using psi-emitters. And yes, you can control them directly if you want, but Stukov is infested himself, so it would make sense he can exert some control over them. As for Stukov himself, he is very much not part of the swarm.
He never could hear their collective thoughts, and Kerrigan only asked him to stay WITH the swarm, not IN it. And Stukov using overlords just seems to indicate the infested are HIS swarm.
Again… infested are not wholly zerg. They are infested terrans. It doesn’t matter what flag Blizzard put on it in their lazy neglect of their own lore.

Also Stetmann is a terran, he made his army in the image of zerg with 100% mechanical means and put a lot of terran weaponary in there too. He is only zerg is the sense of the flag you keep valuing so much.

I got into a discussion over the War Council idea for Rohana. (credit to “Loken” for helping)

So, at the start of each match; the Player can choose a Faction (Templar, Nerazim, Purifier, or Tal’darim) for each of Rohana’s units from the “War Council”. If the Player gets a full set from one Faction; they can get a bonus. This could encourage Players to go with one Faction.

This is a rough idea so, bear with me. (Mastery could increase %)

• Full Templar Bonus: % to Shields
  • Full Nerazim Bonus: % to Attack
  • Full Purifier Bonus: % to Armor
  • Full Tal’darim Bonus: % to Attack Speed

I also thought about “Split Bonuses” (as smaller % but 2 Bonuses instead of 1)

• Templar/Nerazim Split: % to Shields and Attack
  • Nerazim/Purifier Split: % to Attack and Armor
  • Purifier/Tal’darim Split: % to Armor and Attack Speed
    (I think you get the idea.)
  • Full Daelaam: Bonus to all stats but with the smallest %. (Mastery could focus on Full Daelaam)

What do you think? Anything that could use work?

1 Like

If that hapened I wouldnt like having to be forced to pick only one or two factions, I’d enjoy having the freedom to pick how ever I wanted without having to worry about missing the buffs.

2 Likes

I want to see Overmind with classic zerg mix with elite units.

1 Like

The buffs would encourage synergy. The % could be just enough to go for certain builds.

There could be multiple Split Bonuses (Three Splits as well) but I was just giving examples. What would you recommend to increase the likely hood of using certain units?

Moebius corp. with an alternate universe Narud that allies with P/T/Z against Amon. If we got Mengsk fighting on our side, might as well.

His army would be a mix of hybrid and high tech experimental units. Maybe with Narud as a hero unit on the field. He was strong enough to have a fair duel with Kerrigan.

Valerian was part of Moebius Foundation at one point, if we have a Moebius commander then it will be him.

Tosh could have an army of magical terrazine wizards that could be upgraded like dehaka and gain experience. Would be cool if his units looked like Norse Gods.

Mengsk does give me hope that new Commanders will have abilities and units we haven’t seen before.

I’m hoping that Selendis has more to offer than units mostly from multiplayer. I want something unique to her. Maybe a cut unit? A brand new unit?

2 Likes