What are your ideas for the next campaign packs?

Let’s assume Blizzard want to make another campaign pack even though it is a fact that Blizz won’t invest anymore for that.

With that assumption, what characters or lore or mechanic do you think will be?

For myself, i think we can have some of these campaign.

Zurvan campaign, a prequel campaign around how he gained power on Zerus + the corruption of the Overmind by Amon

Tosh campaign, a campaign about his days as spectre, his reconciliation with Nova and his vision for the future.

Adun campaign, the legend of how he saved the Nerazim.

4 Likes

Well I would hope they go forward but there are still a number of possibilities both in the near past and future.
1.) Guild Wars. Gimme that sweet KMC roster and more Tychus!
2.) Tal’darim trying to find a new homeworld fighting against unimaginable crearures. They can also double up as the new “bad guys” if the game needs clear-cut baddies.
3.) UED bringing democracy and freedom to the Koprulu sector.
4.) Zagara trying to consolidate power while other ex-lieutenants of Kerrigan try the same.
5.) Stukov’s journey. What’s up with him?
6.) Niadra starts attacking the Protoss which causes unrest between the two subhuman alien species.
7.) The unified Protoss are having trouble staying unified, who knows when a civil war erupts.
8.) Lil’ boy Valerian is given the cold shoulder by the KMC and the Umojan Protectorate. A civil war here too? It never gets old!

I second the Tosh campaign pack. For a number of mini-campaign ideas please refer to the thread started by me.

2 Likes

I’d love a Zurvan’s campaign. He was my personal favorite Primal Zerg. Kill and be killed to the bitter end!

I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but I just wish they kill off both Tosh and Hanson by this point. Converses the two choice mission into one and build from there. It’s the only way to move forward without rendering one path officially non-canon.

We also know what happened to Adun during that time, though. I’m not sure I want to relive it in a campaign style.

@Brother BartFitz

1. Give me a full blown villain campaign! I’m sick of being good guy! Although, I want it to be more than I’m a bad person let us nuke everyone. You read my work, so you know what kind of villain I prefer.

2. Lorewise, I’m not sure if UED is a beacon of Democracy and Freedom.

7)&8) I want to see some conflict, but I’m perplexed about a full blown civil war. It’s all depend on how you execute it, I guess. Love your number four through six ideas.

1 Like

hmmm, In my opinion I would’ve loved to see a niadra campaign and maybe another character with her. (witch could be Zalak, one of my custom characters) and they still follow the orders that their queen given them, to eliminate the protoss! it sucks that niadra had such little time though. I feel bad, but either niadra or Zurvan, Zurvan was my 3rd fav primal, could be wondering who my first fav primal, its of course Dehaka. but I would love either a niadra or zurvan pack. that would bring such joy to my heart, but I hate being the good guys so much! niadra has such a good voice and it fits her perfectly, though she feels like a villian to be honest. But zurvan was for sure one of them I belive but such a bad@$$ character. if only if we HAD a cerebrate campaign named Zuku, one of my custom characters, but jesus I would LOVE either those 3.

1 Like

Seeing as Bifrost can’t post yet

Vorazun and Selendis buddy cop story

As for my own two cents not sure if we should go back/forward in time or stay with the presents. Maybe a KMC pirate story?

3 Likes

I agree. That could be confusing. Maybe give some in flashbacks that’s clearly define as such?

1 Like

A trilogy campaign series that sets up the premise for sc3. Features Alarak, Niadra, and the UED.

Then during sc3 interstellar themo nuclear war starts.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it if the three big empires at peace started to fight amongst each other as soon as the war is over. I mean, all these factions were having issues with infighting before they had to stick together.

1 Like

Talandar forging a new future for the purifiers, facing opposition from both organic protoss who view them as machines and Purifiers who refuse to see the difference between being based on an ancient warrior and literally being them.

The progression mechanic would be upgrades for Talandar’s unique frame, and choosing which frame to use for specific AIs (For example, Talis’s AI could be used with the adept frame like in Co-op, but it could also be used in a stalker or immortal frame for different benefits.)

1 Like

I’m not sure about the frame. Talis was an adept when she was alive.

Anyway, I have always wanted a Purifier campaign, too! Glad, I’m not alone in this.

Yes, and now she’s an AI. She could be uploaded to any number of bodies.

Think of it like the unit upgrades in the Nova campaign. Each unit has two or three AIs capable of using that frame, and those AIs come with unique bonuses because of their experience.

Instead of your whole army getting a kinda neat bonus, you have a single unit getting a much larger bonus.

It seems like people want machines to be a bigger part. How about rogue nanobot swarms? Sometime back then I read an old sci-fi book where a bunch of humans either land or become stranded on a planet where robots was fighting each other.

If I remember right originally the machines were built bigger and bigger but eventually as their tech improved became smaller and smaller. Eventually the nanobots were able to swarm the big ones and kill them off somehow, don’t remember how. No matter how big and powerful they was, they could have killed billions, they was still overpowered.

That book was pretty damn great.

Yeah, i did propose an AI skin for Terran :3

I’ve said it before that the next logical step for a campaign would be Alarak’s Tal’darim. The focus his faction had in NCO just seemed like the perfect set-up to ease into a campaign for them.

And it would be fun, playing as a highly aggressive Protoss faction.

I would stay away from future Blizzard’s for the moment. If what I heard about many old time employees abandon ship is true, I’m done with this franchise.

Here are some of my ideas for Starcraft mission packs. I might post more later.

Time War: The fugitive Ulrezaj has resurfaced with a time machine, and only Vorazun’s dark templar can stop him. Ulrezaj is altering key events of Starcraft history in a reckless attempt to fix historic wrongs (like assassinating Khas to prevent the eventual exile of the Nerazim) but his revisionism is causing time itself to fracture apart. Each mission has a unique time-related mechanic like time-stop, time clones, time loops, instant build times and more. Ulrezaj does not have forces of his own anymore, but his ability to mind control key historical figures allows him to manipulate any faction to do his bidding. Vorazun will be challenged by many of history’s greatest military minds such as Adun, Edmund Duke, the Overmind and even Raszagal.
Main Characters: Vorazun, Xerena, Ulrezaj, Raszagal.

Evolution: This campaign is based on Abathur’s evolution missions, only this time the player gets to design the Zerg units themselves. The player has only limited forces to achieve their objective, but if they lose they only need to reset the map instead of reloading a save. Abathur can modify his units with almost any Zerg ability in the campaigns or co-op. Players can save their designs to use in later missions. When all achievements are accomplished the player can unlock Xel Naga essence and create Chitha strains (psionic variants). There isn’t really a plot to this mission pack, as Abathur does not care why the enemies of the swarm need to die. As far as Abathur’s concerned, war is just a chance to experiment with new monstrosities.
Main Characters: Abathur, Mukav, Zagara

Outbreak- Stukov was a test subject in Narud’s twisted experiments until he broke containment by infesting the research staff. Once free, he began to amass an army by unleashing the hyperevolutionary virus on every world containing a Moebius base. Stukov’s undying legions will infest Terran structures with low health instead of destroying them; which allows the zombie horde to grow. Civilian structures can be infested too, but Stukov will earn achievements for infesting only military structures. Stukov’s enemies include the Moebius Foundation, Prometheus Company, and Spartan Company (Narud hires these UED mercenaries to get under Stukov’s skin). Dr. Ariel Hanson can be captured by Stukov’s forces and will reluctantly help him increase the infectiousness of the Zerg virus (and becomes infested if Stukov kills too many civilians). Stukov’s quest for vengeance is fulfilled when he discovers a new ally powerful enough to help him assault Skygeirr Station.
Main Characters: Stukov, Hanson, PFC Shane, Narud, Kerrigan

King of the Primals- A kaiju inspired Dehaka campaign The MOBA style Breakout mission should be the default mission type. This campaign leans hard into the Godzilla theme. Each mission ends in a kaiju boss battle. When Dehaka subjugates a Primal pack leader they are added to his team roster so players can switch Kaiju monsters during missions. Dehaka isn’t a gifted conversationalist, but I have a solution for that: Tell the story from the point of view of Starcraft’s reporters reacting to Dehaka’s city-smashing fights. The campaign should embrace the ridiculousness of it’s premise and have a campy comedic tone like Red Alert 2 or Thor Ragnarok.
Main Characters: Dehaka, Primal Pack Leaders, Vermillion, Lockwell, Michael Liberty, Mecha-Dehaka, General Davis (piloting Balius)

[quote=“Hyperiön-2801, post:5, topic:4990”]
Seeing as Bifrost can’t post yet

Vorazun and Selendis buddy cop story
[/quote

My man.

1-I hate time travel unless it’s core theme like in Dr. Who or Back to the franchises, but it’s a solid set up.

Or a way to sneakily retcon things.

2-Very good, I like the whole idea

3-either scratch Hanson or kill her off and I am game

4-Interesting mechanic, hard to pull off this whole idea, but why not.

Gotta say, you got a good feel of Zerg.

1-That would be better as a mission pack for SC:R. Thematically. AoE 2 is getting new content even after 20 years.

2-No need for unimaginable creatures. Fighting Zagara, Terrans or even other Protoss (rebel Tal’Darim or even Daelaam) works for me.

3-That’s a thing for SC3

4-Follow where SC3 left off and play as Abathur, but you actually lose to subvert expectations.

5,6-sold, just have all 3 races as enemies

7-I’d rather have a book for that