What are the most brain-damaged matches that you have ever played?

As title said…

1 Like

Russian person playing Mengks attemted to kill me (playing Raynor) just after the game started.

My SCVs managed to kill his all soldiers (without any loss, good boys!), but his CC have burnt before I could repair it and attempt to solo the map, so “you lost” screen appeared.

7 Likes

To be fair, he doesn’t deserve the exp, unless he left the match.

My case is seeing Stukov P1 going siege tanks vs skyterran, they did great on trains but I had to focus on clearing enemies for him.

2 Likes

I’ve seen quite a lot of stupidity, but since this happened two times already, and just recently for the second time…

Here we are on Dead of Night. My Death Fleet starts destroying buildings on the first night, while Alarak himself defends. My ally - in both cases - was a non-prestiged Raynor. Guess what both did? Build zero defenses, and for some brain-damaged reason go for Battlecruisers. On DoN. As regular Raynor. While his ally is demolishing the buildings since the first night, and even has Alarak at home to help. But both of them did nothing of use, so my only solution was to leave. One of them even had two Factories doing nothing. No Vultures for Spider Mines, not even Tanks. But hey, at least two Factories doing nothing.

I’m sorry, but this still irritates me. It’s not just a total lack of understanding of the map, but also the absence of common sense and of your own unit comp. Why no Tanks or Firebats or just Bunkers for DoN?

It sounds like your ally was AFK, but forgot to pause.

Every match with any player from Russia. They always do things like: using dehaka for clearing rocks or his breath against air, going mass archons from the begining as artanis and in the end having like 6 of them and no other units, going tanks against air - stukov and swan, not using banes with Zagara, utilizing p2 tychus with all outlaws together and my personal favourite - speking russian even if u told them that u dont understan that language.

1 Like

I have yet to understand why Dehakas players make Roaches. It’s supposed to be his worst unit that should quickly disappear as it get turned into something else, yet they move that army around until it get destroyed.
You can feel the pride of those players as they unleash that army against the Shuttles in Void Launch :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It was back when co-op first started. I was playing with someone the game matched me up with on the train mission. I was Artanis and he was Raynor. He never took his expansion but built 4 Raxs and 12 Starports. Somewhere after the 12 or 13 minutes mark, I was out trying to stop two trains and our base got hammered. He had no army. Not one single army unit, and no static defense. We were wiped out. I asked him where his army was and he said, “You’re supposed to carry me until I have cruisers up.”

I was like, “Uh, no. We’re both supposed to build an army so we can wipe out the trains quickly and get back to base to defend it.”

He got really belligerent and claimed that I was noob, that I should be able to hold my own on Brutal, and because I couldn’t, I couldn’t carry him, and ergo, I am a noob who sucks.

The chat wasn’t pretty after he said that. And no amount of explaining to him about build orders, and attacking/defending with early- and mid-game units while you build up to late-game units seemed to register with him.

4 Likes

15 minutes in the game and my partner has less than 10 units and relies on special units to get anything done. To everyone out there that does this, please do not play brutal, brutal+, or brutal mutation. You are being an active burden to your teammates and you need to re-evaluate your skill level.

1 Like

Unclear…

CoD a partner waited until the last minute to move cart into position so he / she can clear map.

Early game, a Nova partner on VP transported my units into lava. I left right away.

Void Launch, had a stukov partner who went afk after helping a little bit in the beginning, leaving me to solo the mission.

Was playing on OE, and this chucklehead playing Nova parks their army in-between the two tracks with a double train coming. So like 4 tanks, 12 marines, and 6 libs (and Nova) against skytoss. And again, with a double train.

Doesn’t use an airstrike, doesn’t move their army to fight the waves one at a time, just a big ol’ sandwiching. Lost everything and soon after that the mission because Nova can’t recover.

Oh right it was me. I did that. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I was carrying pubs on Portal Power on its rerun, with >95% winrate using Abby.

Did my routine nest luring at the first Thrasher area, which caused the first Thrasher to spawn way early. Partner said, “nice going dumbass” and left the game. Checked his match history and found a massive tomato farm. Oh well, guess he deserved the tomatoes.

4 Likes

He did not know who you are??? HERESY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!

3 Likes

I am from Russia. And I’ll tell you about my brain blasting experiences. I have a lot of them, and only on American server. Just yesterday I got matched with a guy who in the midgame asked me where I am from and after my reply said he was surprised I played well (read “carried him”). And what I am surprised about is why the nation with all those BLM movements and overall antinazi sentiment cares so much about where a person is from. And this guy was actually an exception. Some people ask this question in the beginning of the match and leave immediately after the answer.
I have seen rock-kicking Dehakas from Russia, USA, France, Germany etc etc. They are bad not because they are from those countries, they are just bad. Period.

1 Like

There definitely is an issue with some Russian players. The way they pl…the way they act is worst than bad, it’s weird.
Doesn’t mean all Russians are bad, I met some that play well, but I always expect the worst when a player seems to be Russian, that’s just how my game experience turned.

3 Likes

Oi folks, let’s just veer away from the very much against code of conduct rhetoric, yes? It’s a good way to get the thread shut down, and yourself sanctioned by (any still present) mods.

Anyway, I once was playing a game on Void Launch as Fenix, paired with an Alarak. All he did for the first half of the game was build Supplicants and place a Pylon in front of each pad.

Me playing an aggressive CO, I was intercepting the shuttles and waves much higher up. He proceeds to BM, call me out for “wanting to do everything myself”, attacks his stuff and leaves the game. Here I was figuring he’d join me up top, cause Alarak isn’t exactly a defensive CO either, but the guy couldn’t have helped all that much beyond those Pylons if he wanted to…

Im 99% sure I played with that guy before on that exact map. And yes, what an idiot.

1 Like

Too much ally brain damage here. We need some self brain damage.

I had a stupid game lately. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. I’m levelling P3 Karax and I guess I didn’t really care to actually focus on playing Karax. Often I’ll use my alt account and solo on that while I carry the commander I’m levelling, generally using Kerrigan for it.

Rolled Mist Opportunities against Zerg air. Instead of just playing Kerrigan, I decided I’d say screw it, go three base, and get two armies. I was meant to be making my life easier, but I seriously would’ve better just focusing on Kerrigan.

…I proceeded to make the following inexplicable decisions:

1. Mass Carrier with Karax (no Sentinels).
  2. Heavy, heavy upgrade focus on both commanders before getting any units out.
  3. Forgetting that Omega Worms are kinda’ bugged in this situation. (The Kerrigan commander was dropped, you can’t use Omegas unless you select only one Network at a time.)
  4. Letting Karax APM distract me from Kerrigan micro.
  5. Mass Mutalisk… which would normally be fine, but mass Mutalisk with no micro against Scourge.
  6. Vaguely tried to get cannon walls when I realised what was going to happen but was way too late because I was obviously way too busy getting the bonus.

I lost a bot on the second wave and honestly should’ve quit out. Like yeah, obviously you can come back from that, but I knew I was playing like a complete idiot, and knew I wasn’t going to change. Lost the game on the last bot wave. Just had absolutely zero ability to actually respond to stuff and block the ground forces from smashing Stetmann’s bots to pieces.

2 Likes