Vorazun's Oracle: Revamped Revelation Cloak?

Vorazun’s Void Rays are strong but as you know they are surprsingly fragile (and slow).
Blackhole can greatly increase sustainability but her Mana tends to decrease quickly (Blackholes and Shadow Guards etc).
My Proposal is bring back Oracle’s Revelation that casts Temporary Cloak.
Their fire power can be increased but moreover, even when Void Rays are hit by Nuke or Area effect attck they will return with second chance.

Ps. Their speed should be more than 2.5 (couldn’t they apply Prismatic Alignment)?

Oracles are fine. They aren’t meant to be the primary killing unit in your army, theyre support units. If completely immobilizing an army isn’t good enough for you already, im not sure that buffing the unit any further will help.

I’m talking about increasing the stability of Vorazun’s expensive units such as Void Rays and Dark Archons.
Lots of people prefer Dark Templar + Corsair composition because their cloak allows them to fight for second time thus making them durable but Void Rays and Dark Archons are expensive and if you lose lots of them it would be tear-jerking.
I know Vorazun have Time stop and blackhole but those have limits and my proposal of Oracle’s Revelation (temporary cloak) can improve their survival rate.

Perhaps these abilities can encourage players to use Void Rays more often in mutations.

Ps. I use Oracles to trap enemies in RoK and MoO as defensive measure

1 Like

I generally don’t see much reason to use Shadow Guard more than a couple times per mission. It’s good early on but once you get a small army going your energy is best saved for Black Holes and possibly Dark Pylons which can be used to teleport your slow Void Rays or to give them cloak during a fight so they’ll respawn.

Void Rays and Dark Archons are significantly better at surviving outside their cloak than DTs and Corsairs. Plus, you can already just drop a dark pylon on top of them if youre that concerned, which also improves their damage and energy regen. Vorazun already has lots of powerful tools. She doesn’t really need more.

2 Likes

If you need to cloak your Dark Archons and Void Rays, just put down a Dark Pylon. I’d rather see the Oracles changed so that they don’t just die to a small breeze hitting them.
Would be nice if Black Hole also revealed cloaked/burrowed units in it’s AoE. Vorazun’s detection is utter crap.

The resurrection is nice, but I personally use Dark Templar + Corsair because it is both one of the highest DPS in the game as well as one of the most defensive. I’d still be using this combo without the resurrection.

As far as Dark Archons, I don’t feel they are meant to be massed because there’s just no reason to. You only want to use Mind Control on big units like Battlecruisers and Carriers and Confusion on armies. If you’re using Confusion then you can probably stand to use less Black Holes, and trade them for more Dark Pylons so your Dark Archons will revive or to teleport them out of danger.

The other advantage of dark pylons is that cloaking your dark archons gives them extra energy regen.

I don’t find the Oracle idea bad per se, but it would make dark pylon, including his mastery, obsolete, because I would totally get at least 5 of them to cloak Zagara’s lings or Mengsk troopers for some good cheap revives.

For me, I use Dark Pylons for defensive purposes and way to teleport. Not for offensive purposes.

When I use them for offensive purposes they will be bound to be destroyed (if not during my offense it could be from when the attack wave spawn) and I don’t want to waste my precious 25 energies and a Dark Pylon.

I could always teleport my armies where and whenever thsy are being attacked but I face risk of losing most of them.

I feel like you nailed the point of having them everywhere though. Without the dark pylons on the field, Vorazun has rather poor mobility. With her also lacking any kind of wave clearing abilities, she’s rather tied to having her units to deal with them.

I dunno, personally I’d still just use dark pylons all over the place.

I prefer DT + Stalkers. I only need 1 Stargate for Oracle for detection (assuming my ally doesn’t already have that covered), and can focus all upgrades via 3 Forges. You need to time it, but her Stalkers can also cloak with upgrade.