Upgrading my CPU

Hello readers, I’m currently upgrading my computer and currently atm my GPU (Graphics) is NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 and currently my CPU (processor) is Intel Core i5-3330 3ghz with 4 cores.
I am planning to upgrade it to a i7-2600k 3.4ghz with 1 core.

Moral of the question is am I still going to be able to play on my high/ultra graphics with this new CPU or will it struggle to process all the multitasking and graphics considering the core(s) have dropped from 4 to 1?

(I understand that graphics main concerns are on the GPU, however I am just curious if this makes any difference).
Thank you

The i7-2600k is also a 4 core processor. They are both above the minimum system requirements, so they will both run the game at at least 30 FPS but we can’t comfirm one way or the other if you will see a change in performance.

You can see how the i7-2600k and i5-3330 compare in terms of raw computing power here:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i7-2600K-vs-Intel-i5-3330/868vs1475

Hope that helps!

1 Like

while i am not sure how much you will benefit from the change, i will tell you this: the i7-2600k have 2 megabytes more cache than the i5-3330. you will likely get a slight performance boost at the very least. your gpu is a different story. the gt line of GPUs was not built for heavy duty gaming. a stronger gpu might give you a bigger boost than upgrading your cpu. you can not however change from Ivy bridge to sandy bridge i believe. you should instead upgrade to an Ivy bridge cpu if you want to Upgrade, that will give you a much better boost.

1 Like