Re-Releasing Previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for Purchase: A Suggestion

What Is It About?

Re-offering previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons which aren’t currently available for purchase, and most of which are still displayed at the Augments and Emoticons tabs in-game, to players to buy them, both in Bundles and individually, so that one is able to buy the rest of the Augments and Emoticons from one of said Bundles later on if he/she wishes so.

Why It May Be a Good Idea?

It’s true. Most of the people who make use of or just visit the Forums were saddened by the news released on October 15 last year, which were about that no new paid contents will be released (Commanders, War Chests, Mission Packs, and so on), and that future efforts put into the game will be related to occasional Balance Patches and Season Rolls.

While the above doesn’t mean the game is totally dead, as many people claim, it’s a reminder the flame needs to kept alive, and what a good way to do so by being offered the chance to acquire previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons.

Think about it. You may be a seasoned Player who religiously acquired as many of the available War Chests throughout the game’s 10-year lifespan, but, for some reason, weren’t able to purchase one or a couple of them due to monetary problems, or because you had an emergency at that time, and had to use your saved, hard-earned money to solve it (which always should be one’s top priority).

Maybe you were able to acquire all the War Chests you wanted, but couldn’t unlock some Tiers due to being extremely busy with college duties, work, or any important activity that couldn’t be postponed at that time, so you missed the timespan where said Tiers could be unlocked, hence, despite having spent your money on those War Chests, you weren’t able to get the Augments and Emoticons you wanted.

Perhaps your case was that, despite liking the game a lot back in the day, decided to take a break from it, and decided to disconnect completely, or maybe you were more engaged with another game, or just had important duties to be done, hence why you missed the opportunity to acquire a War Chest(s) you may even haven’t heard of.

Maybe you acquired every War Chest you wanted because you had the money at hand, and saved it exclusively for such a situation, and sure, you let the War Chests you weren’t interested in just to pass, only to realize, later on, that you started liking some or all of its contents, and since you missed the chance to acquire them, you missed the chance to obtain the Augments and Emoticons which came with them.

Your situation might be that you’re new to the world of StarCraft, or perhaps you played the original StarCraft back in the day, and decided to give StarCraft II a go (which is my case), and you liked the game so much you decided to purchase previously released contents you thought were available for purchase, only to later realize plenty of them are no longer available.

Finally, some people claim the game has been left for dead, since it fails to be profitable, a decade after its release. Re-offering previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for purchase would make the game profitable to some extent, but more importantly, it may appeal to long-time Players who decided to leave the game for any reason(s), Players who follow the game closely, despite they decided not to play it until a significant Update is released, and new Players who also have been following the game closely before to come back (or play the game more frequently), so that its popularity increases, and draws more people who are willing to spend their money on Augments, Emoticons, Skins, Consoles, Announcers, and so on, therefore, making the game profitable again. From that point, is up to the developers what to do to take advantage of said positive situation.

Why It May Be a Bad Idea (for Some)?

Despite all the points as to why being offered previous War Chest contents for purchase would be a good idea, there’s always a few negative points, and, in this case, there’s only one, and only applicable to some players, if you can consider it negative in the first place.

Some Players, who religiously acquired all War Chests, or the one(s) they were interested in, may see the release of previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for purchase as something negative, since it’d mean they’d lose some sense of exclusive ownership, only reserved for those who were very lucky enough to purchase the War Chest(s) they wanted during their respective sale periods, and even luckier enough to unlock all their Tiers.

Pretty much, that would be.

Concerns

I will quote some words, which I said in one of my Replies, related to any concern(s), below.

I should add that this is also the case with the Emoticons from the BlizzCon 2017 War Chests (Terran, Protoss, and Zerg), so, in the end, almost all the missing Augments in-game are those from the BlizzCon 2017 War Chests. I wholeheartedly encourage the developers to add them to the game, and consider them as well, if they plan to re-release previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for purchase.

Final Thoughts

After having viewed the many advantages of why being offered previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for purchase (and, of course, its sole disadvantage, if you can call it like that), I think we all reckon it will be beneficial, for both, the company and Players alike.

Also, I think, after having received the news of October 15, and despite they don’t mean the game will be left for dead, I think, since we’re not getting any new paid contents, being offered previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for purchase would be some sort of a consolation prize, the last important contents we may see, forever, or until a hypothetical StarCraft III is released.

And we should not forget that plenty of these Augments and Emoticons, despite they aren’t available for purchase currently, still appear in-game, in the Augments and Emoticons tabs, and, being honest, this pretty much becomes an unpleasant reminder for all the Players who couldn’t obtain them, that, obviously, they couldn’t.

If previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons will be released for purchase, I encourage the developers to not forget about those who are currently missing in-game, like the Sprays, Decals, and Emoticons from the BlizzCon 2017 War Chests.

Finally, I encourage everyone to be hopeful about previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons being offered for purchase. Remember, they don’t count as new paid contents, since they were already released, and I assume it’d be easy to put them on sale. Also, I encourage everyone to leave a Like and/or a Reply. Remember, the more popular this Thread grows, the more chances we have to have this suggestion considered for a future Update.

If you want to know more about this suggestion, I encourage you to read the Replies. It will take some time to read everything, but I think it’s worth it, if you have the time to do so.

Thank you all very much for reading.

:v: :grin:

TL;DR: Would you like to have previous War Chest Augments (Portraits, Banners, Sprays, Decals) and Emoticons, released for purchase, both in Bundles and individually?

Update N°1: I tried to update the Thread by adding the updated list of Augments and Emoticons I made a couple of weeks ago. Sadly, it seems I can no longer include Links on any Thread, since I don’t meet the updated criteria to do so.

Having said that, and to keep this Thread alive, I decided to leave the Augments I’d personally like to see in-game in the future, below.

Sprays

• Ghost (Terran Tier 10/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest)
  • Rattlesnake (Terran Tier 10/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).
  • Black Ops (Terran Tier 14/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).

Decals

• Ghost (Terran Tier 15/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).
  • Special Forces (Acquired through the Katowice 2019 War Chest).

Emoticons

• Feels Good Marine (Terran Tier 4/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).
  • Fist Bump (Terran Tier 5/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).
  • Baited (Terran Tier 10/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).
  • Applause (Terran Tier 10/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).
  • ??? (Terran Tier 15/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).
  • Peace (Terran Tier 15/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).
  • Fingers Crossed (Zerg Tier 10/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest).
  • Dead (Terran Tier 5/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2018 War Chest).
  • Can’t Look (Terran Tier 9/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2018 War Chest).
  • Point Right (Terran Tier 10/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2018 War Chest).
  • Point Left (Terran Tier 10/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2018 War Chest).
  • Skeleton (Terran Tier 15/Acquired through the BlizzCon 2018 War Chest).
  • Canister Rifle (Terran Tier 4/Acquired through the Katowice 2019 War Chest).
  • Good Luck Terran (Terran Tier 15/Acquired through the Katowice 2019 War Chest).
  • Have Fun Terran (Terran Tier 15/Acquired through the Katowice 2019 War Chest).
  • Rainbow Barf (Unlocked by watching 12 hours of the BlizzCon 2018 WCS Final 16 with a linked Blizzard account on Twitch)
  • [Okay, I know this one isn't from any War Chest, but still, I added it to complete the Marine-themed Emoticons].

Remember, feel free to leave the Augments and/or Emoticons you’d like to see in-game, so we can talk about them, and help to keep the Thread alive for the longest time possible.

Update N°2: I since found interesting what KalasZX about how previous War Chest Augments should be offered, I’m quoting it, below.

I recall having suggested the same when I first created the Thread, but since I thought of making them available permanently, I gave up almost entirely on it. Still, it does sound good, and, as KalasZX said, we’d still have access to said Augments and Emoticons, whilst they still have that feeling of scarcity, with the comfort they’d be available later on if you couldn’t grab them at some point.

43 Likes

Anyone here who also thinks positively about this suggestion?

I know and understand that many, if not most of the players here (amongst those who purchased War Chests), are afraid or losing that sense of ownership of their unique Augments (Portraits, Banners, Sprays and Decals), but I think, at this point, all players should have some way of having access to those contents, the same way it happens with Skins (which are sold some time after their release inside War Chests).

And what a better way of doing so, that by offering sales for said contents, so the earnings can either help host/support Tournaments, or help in the development of future contents (Co-Op Commanders, Consoles, Announcers, Augments, Mission Packs, War Chests, and so on).

I’m saying so, because I regard the decision of the developers of maintaining plenty of these Augments visible, yet not available to get nor unlock in-game by playing (like achieving certain number of wins, and such), as nonsense, since, as I said before, it’s also an unpleasant reminder for many players who weren’t able to grab past War Chests back in the day. If those Augments are still in-game, why not making good use of them offering to all players, who, I’m sure, would be willing to spend their money on.

I consider myself a casual player, since I’m not into Tournaments, or play competitively, but I do enjoy playing with my family some Multiplayer, enjoy unlocking some achievements (to get rewards in-game), and love playing Co-Op, because it offers a different and exciting experience from the ubiquitous Multiplayer matches. I cannot tell about others, but I’m willing to bet there are plenty of other players who enjoy doing the same stuff, and would enjoy a more immersive gaming experience (you can see what I’m referring to in the original post). People who are into the competitive aspect may also enjoy it for the same reasons.

Anyway, I’m hoping to hear from you guys, and tell us if it’s a good idea or not, or if you could change it to make it more appealing to all players.

And sorry if I’m writing essay-like, but English isn’t my first language, and I always felt more comfortable and noticed to express myself better by writing this way. Hope you understand me.

Thanks again for reading.

4 Likes

It’s been one month and a day after I last wrote something here, and I’ve witnessed some interest from TORMENT, since he commented on this same post, but in the EU forums, and maybe that’s the reason he wrote another post here, in the US forums: When patch 5.0.4 released Banners and decals opens to sales? - #2 by Lune-11641.

I still think being offered the Augments I listed on the document I left, including those which aren’t there, is a good idea. It’s kind of refreshing debating something that isn’t related to the Competitive aspect of the game.

I’ve been busy with college since 2 weeks ago, hence why I haven’t left any additional comment(s) here.

Would you like to see Augments offered on Sales later on? Tell us in the comments.

3 Likes

You should create another forum. Called only TORMENT and Dragunblader only ones to care openning previous Warchest items?

When i look reddit some players looking all previous Warchest items really

2 Likes

Few patches ago Consoles opens to sales as well (nearly 1 year or a year ago) i remember consoles isnt to open sales until that patch

2 Likes

Hey friend we should try on blizzard support again?

1 Like

My best bet would be to start an insightful, healthy chat with you, TORMENT, and other players, so we can discuss what Augments should be released, in which way(s), why it’s a good idea, and how to execute it. Something similar as Cybernetix did with his post ([SC2] All The Interface Suggestions - #211 by Cybernetix-2694). The thread has gotten popular, mostly because of the never-ending interaction between him and few others. I hate to say, but at this point, if something similar cannot be done, chances are non-existent for Blizzard to take ideas into account. Views and Replies are needed.

Hope you can help us with that, as well as other players.

2 Likes

İ wish speaking with all comminity for open sales to all previous Warchest items.

Did you tried on that forum?

2 Likes

When i was checking my account on support page i was asked for Seat of the Highlord Banner 5 mounths ago. İ know warchest specific item but all skins are opens to sales as a bundle and consoles are opens to sales too and still total biscuit and carbot bundles still open to sales. That bundles has sprays decals and emocotions. Why dont blizzard openning to sales previous Warchest items?

2 Likes

No, I haven’t, I wasn’t aware of it. Mind sharing a link to participate?

2 Likes

I also wasn’t aware of that (Carbot and TotalBiscuit), but I did notice Skins are still available as bundles.

All we have left to do is just to nourish threads like this to have a chance to get sale(s) (or another method) to get these Augments.

I sure do enjoy having my Nova Banner and Portrait, but I’m sure it can be better with the right Decals and Sprays.

Aside from the Tal’Darim Augments, which ones would you like to see in-game?

2 Likes

Yes of course my terran augments are finished except special forces decal.
İ was still in pain that i missed warchest 4 because i havent any blizzard balance but after warchest 4 i can buy blizzard balance and im waiting for this items

2 Likes

Being honest, I haven’t purchased any War Chests so far. In fact, I started playing the game since my cousin told me it was now Free-To-Play, and I enjoyed the Wings of Liberty Campaign very much that I ended up buying the remaining 2 Campaigns and the Nova: Covert Ops Mission Pack; later, I’ve gotten the Nova Co-Op Commander (I really love Ghosts over all stuff).

I’d buy Augments to match my Nova Banner and Portrait, but sadly, these can no longer be obtained, hence why I think releasing a sale(s) would help others in a similar situation.

My goal is to have a whole matching set for Portrait, Banner, Skins, Console, Announcer, Spray(s) and Decal, built around Special Ops/Covert Ops. I exclusively play Terran, so I really wanna build it someday, soon hopefully.

If I played someday as Zerg or Protoss, I’d get similar builds, but based around the Primal Zerg, and the Purifiers/Tal’Darim.

2 Likes

I also posted this on Reddit, but it seems everyone’s too focused on the Competitive aspect (again, not a bad thing) to notice the opportunity for plenty of people, including those who like to play the game for that, to obtain the remaining Augments they want in their collections, not to mention the revenues Blizzard could make (to host more Tournaments or to release more contents for the game).

3 Likes

Today i was asked blizzard support for warchest cosmetics and i give the links of our forums i hope they will add next or future patches

2 Likes

Hmmm… I know Blizzard isn’t known for regularly checking the threads in these forums, but I think we should just stick to the conversation-like exchange of ideas to have a chance of being noticed at some point.

I do also want the Augments I wrote on the list I left here, plus many others (so everyone has their tastes included). I think it’s just a matter of listing the pros and cons for that, and just keep trying. Cybernetix does it pretty well, and I hope his ideas will be taken into account.

2 Likes

Does Cybernetix forum help us as you believed?

2 Likes

I didn’t mention it does help us, but rather to be taken as an example of what to do with this thread. Sadly, if this isn’t done, all the effort of having built it will just vanish into oblivion. Once more, views and comments are a must if we want even the slightest chance of Blizzard E. of considering this idea for a future patch. I don’t like it, since it may become annoying at some point for others, and because of forum-commenting etiquette, but again, it’s necessary considering the actual circumstances and the huge interest from the players in the Competitive aspect (once more, not a bad thing, in fact, it’s the essence of this game) rather than other aspects which may improve the gaming experience, aside from balancing.

2 Likes

Blizzard support answered me just keep posting to the forums

2 Likes

Glad they did, and yes, I’ll keep on commenting from time to time.

2 Likes