Update to balance sc2 e-sports

I’m watching the E-sports SC2 match of Serral and Maxpax. We love the SC2 E-Sports league but seriously the game is imbalanced. Look at the records. What are we at? 2 decades of SC2?

What’s the breakdown?
10 Zerg Global Champions
8 Terran Global Champions
2 Protoss Global Champions

That’s not exact but it’s somewhere along there.

Some simple obvious changes that can be made. All the balance tools already exist in Co-Op so they just need to be updated in Versus.

Ways to rebalance the game.

Nerf Zerg - obviously this is the favorite race of whoever in blizzard does balance changes, but let’s fix this. Any or all of these nerfs would help the game.

• Lower Lurkers health by 50+, they need to lose weight
  • Fungal growth needs to do zero damage OR remove fungal slow OR remove fungal ability to hit air. Seriously? You think they hit starships with their spit? HAHAHA that’s so stupid.
  • Remove Viper ability to magically regain full energy by sapping it from buildings. Seriously? As if they don’t have enough unfair tools?
  • Lower viper energy regain to half and make sure they start at zero energy.

AND / OR BUFF THE PROTOSS.

• Give Protoss Archons the ability to use T-storm and feedback just like in co-op
  • Give Protoss the ability to warp in Robo-bay units and Stargate units just like in co-op.
  • Give Protoss Dark Templar the ability to merge to dark archons. Ok they took away mind control from dark archons but let’s not nerf -anything- from the zerg. LMAO HAHAHA so stupid.

Come’on guys, be real. We want this game to keep growing and getting better. Balance team needs to look at the number of world champions and work to balance that by the races, not the number of “common matches” won by the numbers and whether that balances out. No one cares if at the bottom rung of the ladder Protoss players win 3 to 1 but they always lose at the top. The ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THE TOP.

You should be judging by the world champion race winners only.

And for anyone who is going to flame as always happens on these forums. HAHAHA, right back at ya kid.

1 Like

You definitely have to learn how to make troll threads. Making it so obvious removes all the fun.

Yes the game is not balanced. In lategame PvZ, any semi-competent zerg that uses more than 2 control groups will never lose to the protoss deathball. Infestors effectively outrange HT by a massive 2-3 units, which completely stops them from storming or feedbacking the viper. Without storm/feedback vipers just abduct the protoss army to death, or 1shot your air units with parabomb+fungal. The only way protoss wins those engagements is if the zerg very bad and makes abysmal mistakes with their own spellcaster micro.

That being said, I disagree with all of your changes, coop is not what we should be adding into ladder.

Fungal Growth

• Range decreased from 10 to 8. (Effective radius of 8+2.25=10.25 units).

EMP

• Range decreased from 10 to 8. (Effective radius with upgrade is 8+2.25=10.25)

Abduct

• Just remove and replace this dumb*** spell. It’s game breaking in literally every single match up.

Now all AOE spells have exact same effective range. Whoever lands the spells first comes down to positioning and reaction speed as it should.

2 Likes

hello i think we should make it so that the mothership works as a supercharged shield battery and also stalkers should have a lategame range upgrade and also the zealot is too weak and should deal damage on charge connecting and also the voidray’s build speed and cost should be decreased again. also i think vipers and ghosts and medivacs should die instantly from a feedback, plus i also think the range on feedback should be increased even though it already outranges almost everything i keep getting emp-d and thats baaad!!!

LOL, just LOL, you unironically recommended what I posted as a joke except you also recommended the only spell which allows Z to touch the high tech units of other races to be removed. Goober.

How exactly are protoss winning 3:1 in lower leagues? I am aware this is a troll post but ive seen these claims many times before. There are some guys claiming that protoss is imbalanced on low level but ive not seen any data that would suggest it. Must be copium?

Easily proven. The base rate is literally insane.

h ttps://imgur.com/a/0GegR0q

1 Like

But…but…but… Nephest Shows that protoss and terran are equally active in teamgames :frowning:

Feedback has a lower range than any other spell. It’s basically useless against someone that actually knows how to use their own spellcasters. Ghosts will get the EMP before HT can move in range. Infestors will fungal lock them before they get anywhere near them.

Extremely disingenuous post, you say “anywhere near them”, even though Feedback is only barely outranged by Fungal and EMP due to the splash radius.

Also lmao at “any other spell” when Abduct is plain shorter - you know, the only tool Zerg has to remove high-threat units on account of zerg units being embarassing in a heads-on engagement.

Let me break it down for you: with your suggestion, if two armies are engaging, the units are moving forward, protoss selects his HTs and then Shift+Clicks feedback on the infestors/ghosts, while the zerg shift clicks fungals, or the terran EMPs. The fungals/EMPs will land, and the feedbacks will land too, now the HTs are free to cast the rest of their spells while the infestors are neutered.

This isn’t an issue btw, the interaction between feedback and ghosts/vipers/infestors is completely fine, EMP is a little too strong and abduct is a little too good. Need I remind you, you are the one arguing that protoss players should be able to instantly delete any energy from any spellcaster. All the while you’re excuse is that “umm a semi-competent zerg can just beat protoss deathball with two control groups”, obviously you don’t play zerg so just shut up, noob. Maybe you should try focusing down the vipers? Or just pulling your colossus back when a viper swoops in to abduct it? Maybe you should get good at the game instead of crying about completely balanced interactions.

You can complain about EMP being too good at cucking protoss and it is fair if you think that too many engagements tether on the success of Abducts, but your suggestion is pants-on-head-r*****ed

2 Likes