Unlock max prestiges with money

Stop pretending you’re some kind of white knight standing up against capitalism and corporations by arguing that they need to keep grind skips out of co-op like by doing so you’ll change the world. Making a way bigger deal about it then it needs to be…

if they added such and thing and you enjoy the grind as you say you do then… I dunno maybe just dont use it…

1 Like

I’m not, your one-direction attack on me is quite tiresome.

I get you got money, go spend it somewhere that makes you happy, maybe on a sweetalice. You don’t care about spending it right?

I only pointed out to someone who is not you that there is no contradiction in complaining about grinding by people who do not enjoy grinding. You’re butting in without a clue and accusing me of all kinds of things. Talk about useless text…

“those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane”

Quoting like this and then making things up is a journalist’s way of quoting whether the whole text is accessible or not.

2 Likes

Fair enough, if I’ve wronged you. Me quoting partial is a courtesy to people reading and not an attempt to mislead. Just so we are clear.

Frankly, if people on here actually cared enough. They’d read it carefully regardless. But that’s neither here or there.

Thanks :slight_smile: No doubt that there are too many people like that, but I think the devs know better than acquiesce to people who don’t care about anything other than what they want (assuming they even read these comments). I don’t pay much attention to people who are intent on ignoring what I say.

There are also other people who would read OP’s arguments and think they’d make sense because nobody’s really explained the issues with them. It’s usually those people I keep in mind when replying to discussions like this.

1 Like

Yeah the grind is annoying if you had been doing it for while. That’s why I and others (like FearWhallins) always tell other players on forums, play the COs / prestige that you like. Have fun with it. Play on your favorite map. You can make the grind less punishing. This is meant to be a marathon, not a sprint.

It is highly unlikely Blizzard will implement this. Their current business model for sc2 is fine, xp boost pack and skins.

Yeah it is a little in inconvenient to play lower level COs with out their talents. You can dial down the difficulty.

1 Like

It’s not just the difficulty with lower level commanders. Some of those talents are a part of the fantasy, a part of the fun.

By making sure the players can use the prestige they chose from level 1, players would be temporarily giving up one part of the the fantasy (level 2-15) while they play with another part of the fantasy (the prestige they chose)

The Grind comes from giving up part of the fantasy without getting what you want in the meantime (a Prestige not available till level 5,7,10,13,15…or P3)

5 Likes

We have Stimpacks (from CO Bundles) and XP boosts (from Warchests). Those who get in on that are able to exchange money for faster leveling up.

Also, you could argue Sc2 Coop being an RTS game, shouldn’t really have a leveling up and XP system in the first place. Any time I see such a thing in an non-RPG game, it’s at minimum a yellow flag. At worst, they’re designed to suck you in, milk you of all your time and money. I got “lucky” here where Blizzard at least puts an “end-to-sight”

1 Like

Yes we have. I guess I should’ve been more specific in that post, but let me be specific now… “many threads” refer to the grinding aspect in Coop (mind you, not that we don’t already know where you, and many individual members of this community already stand on that). I was NOT referring to paying to progress through it.

Well, as long as we’re having fun with analogies…
You want to travel to a destination that’s 3,000 miles away. You have to drive. You’re not even given the option to fly there

Yeah I’m aware of your proposals to change prestige grinding system.

To be honest I don’t know if Blizzard will implement these changes. They have us where they want us, if you want the prestige you have to grind it.

See full circle again. This is why I find your guys’ perspective just so insensible.

The topic is about pay2win because of a perceived tedium on leveling through prestiges. Whether this process is a grind or not is of no consequence. How YOU (and people like you) feel about it is entirely of your doing. I (nor any other persons) cant change your perception on that. It’s like if you don’t like to eat chocolate, no amount of people telling you it is delicious is going to change that.

What you people are doing is using your perceived tedium, aka the grind, as a justification for pay2win as a sound reason. And that is what makes no sense. This isn’t something new we’re discussing, just always in circles. Provide a better reason than “Prestige is such a grind therefore…” or worse yet like Alice over there “Fearr sucks, therefore…” lmao. Again, you are welcome to those opinions but that doesn’t mean they are actually good and sound reasons for a pay2win to happen.

This is like wearing masks, you don’t have to like wearing them but there are good reasons to do so. And getting to “not wear them” (aka getting pay2win) affects other people and that’s going to need far better reason than satisfying your own self-serving needs, especially if you want to convince the devs.

You’d still grind the prestiges with my ideas…it would just be a more enjoyable grind.

1 Like

It’d be better if you still had to grind to 15 to unlock the next prestige, but the talents still function as if you were at level 15. You still have to get to 15 to benefit from mastery again.

It’d solve the issue of some prestiges being useless at lower levels, and make the grind less unfun for commanders with awkward progression.

2 Likes

Thats a nice idea, but it have one big problem that many who like grinding will not accept, and this is that with that method, the option of reseting levels and commanders, has no meaning or reason to be, thats why the grinding system is a lazy shi"$"$, instead of having alternatives that give the player a feeling of more reward, the chose the lazy option.
In my case i would like to see a mechanic of unlocking based on achievement, like for example the p2 of tychus, if the players want that achieve and prestige, instead of grindin 2 times the commander, how about that the p2 still locke until tychus and every one of his crew(except the doc ovious) kill “X” number of unists of each race only in brutal dificult.

1 Like

I have to admit this is a pretty good idea. Kind of like FTL, where you have to unlock achievements and/or reach the final sector to unlock the alternate ship layouts.

Maybe to unlock a commander’s prestiges you should have to complete a number of games on weekly mutation or Brutal+ with them.

1 Like

Mutations/Brutal+ are BAD ways to unlock. It needs to be available for someone that can only play on casual. (like lvl 2-15 and Mastery 90 and everything else that actually impacts gameplay)

2 Likes

Lol people forever unhappy that playing coop to unlock content is the way it works. Always has been and always will be. Lmao.

The problem is not “playing coop to unlock it”. The problem is playing coop in a less fun way to unlock fun parts.

4 Likes

If playing a game is not fun, I’m not sure why a person is playing the game in the first place.

Everyone’s gotta play from level 1 then all the way to level 15. It’s not a less fun way. It’s just you enjoy mastery powers more. And that’s ok.

Liking one part of a game more than another is normal. Liking one part of a person, or even a person over another is fine. That doesn’t make the rest of that person or other people less so.

Less fun, not “not fun”
And playing 1-15 the first time doesn’t have that “less fun” effect because you don’t give up anything, you are strictly getting new things.

4 Likes