Units in Gateways are lost when Warp Gate is researched in Coop Vorazun

Hi!

Every time when I play for Vorazun and have any units in production in my Gateways, I lose them when Warp Gate is researched, because it triggers all Gateways automatically to switch to Warp mode, and those units in production are neither finished, nor resources from them are returned.

I suggest you to switch to Warp mode when all units in Gateways are finished.

Please, don’t ignore this.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Indeed.

Additionally, building an addon to a Terran structure will do the same thing: the training units are cancelled and the resources are lost. And not just for Vorazun, but possibly for other protoss commanders (I think I’ve seen this on other P too, not sure though.)

In non-coop modes, the Terran addon button is grayed out when something is training, and the gateway transform button is grayed out while something is training (and it waits until the entire queue is done before auto transforming).

4 Likes

Liked the original post, I suppose that’s what you’re supposed to do when it’s exactly the issue you were looking for.
I’m sure I lost resources over and over with Vorazun when my gateways turned into warp gates. I must admit I didn’t pay enough attention with other commanders to confirm they have a similar issue.
But in any case, I hope it will get fixed.

Almost all Protoss commanders suffer from it - Vorazun, Karax, Alarak, Fenix.
This bug is in the game for many months and was reported multiple times

There’s a workaround to turn warpgate back to gateway and finish producing unit or cancel and get money back but that’s super annoying.
Please, its time to fix it already.

3 Likes

This does appear to be limited to CoOp; I tested it in a Ladder game, and Warp Gate works properly there.

Which makes it even weirder to me.