Unexpected Fatal Error

I really miss SC2, I have gone cold turkey from hardcore drugs and I just wanna play some casual mutations and take the edge of life. I’ve installed , on three separate drives wiped my cache and continue to try and get a successful launch of the application. I’ve been playing this game since I was 12 years old. Im 38, I just want something thats second nature to me to help me through this hard spot I am in. 8 days sober and counting.

326DF8E2-15FD-4E52-A951-68CEAB05F7A9 This is the error code that I keep getting. I’ve filled out and sent in this along with all possible scenarios causing the issue. It shouldn’t be happening and its gotten to the point where I am losing a bit of myself ever chance I try to launch it, and it fatal errors me. Please help

Hey there,

I checked out the error code you provided and this appears to be an AMD graphics driver related crash. I’d recommend to try a clean reinstall of the AMD graphics drivers and use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to wipe out the old driver files.

1. Download DDU here
    • Click on the first link under “Announcements” titled Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Then click the “Official Download Here” link to start the download.
  2. Run the .exe file and extract the contents to the default location. Open the new folder and run the Display Driver Uninstaller.
  3. You will get a pop-up saying it is recommended to reboot in Safe Mode, feel free to ignore this if you are not familiar with how to get into Safe Mode. To start the removal process, click on the driver type on the right side first, then click “Clean and restart”
  4. Once the PC restarts, go ahead and download the current drivers here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
    5 . Run the driver installer and use the default/recommended install steps.

After that installs I’d also recommend resetting the game settings through the Battle.net app before launching Starcraft II again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.