Unexpected error

Hi guys I got the “Unexpected error” message after I lunch the game.

• My drives are updated,
  • windows update done,
  • I done clean install of battlenet and the game,
  • I turn off One drive documents scanning,
  • I tried without antivirus,

I don’t know why is it like this. On my Pc I got no problems but I want to play on my laptop too.
With sc1 remastered I got the same problem.

Laptop:
amd radeon hd 8650g + 8750m dual graphics windows 10
8gigs of ram

I won’t claim to be well versed in Windows, since I am a Mac user, but just thought I’d help since the responses in these Tech forums aren’t exactly very fast / high.

================================================================================

If 2 applications are having the same issue on the same computer (but not on another computer), then it looks to be very much either:

• A setting that is blocking the game from launching. This is likely different on your Laptop. This can be in the form of an overall setting management view which blocks specific app’s access to certain things like (use of internet, use of IP, collection of data from your computer). You have have checked it when first prompted upon first installation of the game.
  • A 3rd party app (anti virus, anti malware, privacy tool) that has labelled the game as one of risk. I believe that Windows has its own anti virus as well? Might be a company software as well if you are using a company computer (or school’s).
  • A potential that a particular key system file that both games pull from is corrupted / your hard drive is damaged (though a much lower probability).

================================================================================

As with all technical troubleshooting, the most difficult thing part to figure out the problem. Fixing the problem is usually a piece of cake.

So you do have a choice to either:

1. Attempt to figure out the problem. - You need to find out what is different from your PC and your Laptop. But we may or may not be able to find out the issue.
  2. Do a clean wipe of your Laptop. - Since we have narrowed it down to be computer specific, then doing a wipe of your computer and reinstalling both Windows / SC2 ought to fix the issue.

I done the clean wipe up of system. Didn’t help. I got windows 10.

Hmm that would be an impossibility, since a clean wipe involves:

• New OS
  • New SC2 client

If the problem is still persisting, I’m inclined that there might be a hardware issue (though not that logical from a general hypothesis POV).

Your only hope is to open a ticket and hope someone gets back to you on this. Though from the looks of it, since we have narrowed it down to a computer issue, the other alternative is just not to use this comp for gaming.

Maybe it’s because of win 10?
I remember playing sc2 on this laptop but it was win 8.

Howdy BLASTAA,

There aren’t any known problems with SC2 running on Windows 10 so this shouldn’t be the issue. Would you be able to provide a DxDiag?

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformated text” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).