Unable to install SC2

Hey all, I got a new laptop and I’ve tried to install starcraft 2 on it. However after downloading bnet and trying to install starcraft 2, it just gives me an error with the code BLZBNTAGT000008A4 and the link to the troubleshooting article BLZBNTAGT000008A4 - Blizzard Support

After I click “ok”, the “install” button becomes “update” for some reason but when I click the update button it gives me the same error code. I’ve visited the troubleshooting website and tried everything listed there, from reinstalling bnet and using the “scan and repair” option, to disabling firewalls, antiviruses, doing a full shutdown of my laptop et cetera.

I’m looking for advice on what might possibly cause this error, thanks!

what is your hardware? i know for a fact that certain cpus is not compatible, for example the amd a4(game will not install or run from the app, only run from the executable).

My hardware can definitely run it though, its a brand new laptop with I7-9750H and GTX 1050

if you have another pc: you could install it there and then transfer it. that will solve your problem.

Try it a few times and restart your PC 1-2 times in between - it’s a weird bug a lot of people are / were having this week.