Unable to download update or reinstall

BLZBNTAGT000008A4

No internet connection problems.
Never had past issues. Not blocked by firewalls or antivirus.

I really don’t see the point of putting up a new patch for the sake of putting up a new patch. There is almost nothing meaningful added in this current patch.

Anyway, prior to this patch dropping, my last activity was viewing a match replay that was saved 2 years ago. Not sure if this broke anything.

Hey there,

To ensure this is not related to an update to the app being corrupted, lets try a clean install of the app using this method:

1. Open Task Manager
  2. Locate any item that says "Blizzard" or "Agent" and use "End Task" to close them
  3. Uninstall the Blizzard Battle.net app through Windows Add/Remove program
  4. Use the key command Windows + R at the same time to open the "Run" prompt
  5. In the box, type %ProgramData%
  6. Locate and delete any folder that says Blizzard or Battle.net
  7. Repeat the process for the following as well: %APPDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% %TEMP%
  8. Empty the recycle bin
  9. From there, lets reinstall

If it’s still not working after that, would it be okay to email some log files to us? Instructions for collecting these can be found here.

Once you have them, please email them to Techinfo@blizzard.com - Make sure the subject references the issue forums thread. Please also reply this thread letting us know the email was sent.

Thanks!

Hi Kaldraydis,

Thanks for providing the support to help resolve the issue. Unfortunately, doing a clean install didn’t help.

However, I found on google a site that offered various alternatives, to resolve the problem, which wasn’t offered on the troubleshooting link that blizzard provided for my particular error code.

Can’t include links but it is found on the appuals site under the subject header: fix-battle-net-issues-cant-download-data-or-install-game-files/

Switching secondary logon to automatic solved my problem.

Regardless, I think my case is now resolved. Thanks.

i have now sent you an email whit the logs.

I had the same issue, i succeed with Kaldraydis post, but i could not install. To solve the issue i had to start the Windows Secondary Logon service, just as MnkyMjk mentioned. Here is the guide:

The Windows Secondary Logon service is used to enable to disable the starting of processes under alternate credentials, and this service needs to be enabled and running for Agent to not only be able to do its thing but to even just start. To make sure that the Secondary Logon service is enabled and running, you need to:

1. Press the Windows Logo key + R to open a Run
  2. Type services. msc into the Run dialog and press Enter to launch the Services Manager .
  3. Scroll down through the list of services, locate the Secondary Logon service and double-click on it.
  4. Open the dropdown menu in front of Startup type: and click on and select Automatic .
  5. Make sure that the service is running. If the service is not running, click on Start . If the service is running, simply skip this step.
  6. Click on Apply .
  7. Click on OK .
  8. Close the Services Manager and restart your computer.

When the computer boots up, check to see whether or not the Battle. net Agent ’s ability to successfully download data and/or install game files has been restored.

Source: appuals. com/fix-battle-net-issues-cant-download-data-or-install-game-files

1 Like

Hey all,

Thanks for following up! I’m super glad to hear that Secondary Logon has resolved the issue. If there’s anything else you might need just let us know!

Thanks for playing and enjoy the games!