Tychus outlaws; Who's your crew?!

I don’t know, Tychus already has a fairly low max damage output so further limiting that by getting Nikara on top of Rattlesnake feels weird to me. I am sure there are mutations hard enough which makes it warranted but I personally never had a problem with Rattlesnake and mediplatforms only.

I usually go Nux when I want a Fixer, his AoE damage is great and works best with Cannonball’s and Tychus’ stuns. I find that gives me the max damage output.

Again, Nikara’s addition does not have that much limiting effect. And I typically prioritize gear and upgrades over medivacs, so Nikara becomes necessary when sustain is an issue in mid game.

I typically see Nux as more niche since Blaze, Tychus, and Cannonball have their own AoE (I know they all stack), but I typically don’t make much use of of his ult-cdr gear.

To each to their own, nothing wrong with that. I just never found much use for Nikara is all. I figured the more AoE damage I have the better, and Nux helps with that a lot.

Which outlaw gears do you prioritize? Nikara’s?

Actually it is best to call down Odin right before Nuke is ready, so you can use barrage and then nuke during one call down.
For most brutal missions I go with Sirius → Vega → Nikara → Sam/Nux. But on DoN I take Blaze first, then Sirius (if enemy is Terran, for detection against banshees) or Cannonball. And on trains map I swap Sam and Sirius.

PS Fun fact: Nikara’s “Procyon Serum” upgrade, that doubles the healing rate from Super Heal, also doubles Medivac healing rate. So you really get 4x Nikara.

Any team that includes nikara is a waste of space. Just depriving yourself of dps. There’s no amount of healing needed that either rattlesnake or medvacs can’t keep up with. Unless you just a move and your micro is terrible

You take three Fixers?

Tychus really don’t need more DPS than from Tychus himself and Sirius to clear regular brutal mission, so I have no problem with taking Nikara (99% of time she follows ally’s army) and two other fixers. I even make either Muscle Armory or Fixers’ Safehouse, not both: saves 150+ minerals (because worker is mining instead of building).

1 Like

Only time I was really strapped for a 150 minerals is when I tried to get his achivement. Not even then, I finished at 18:29 I think.

CC stuff (Sirius fears, and Tychus grenade), utility (Sirius AA, Rattlesnake’s AS revitalizer), sustain/heals (Nikara double/faster heal beam, Rattlesnake stim). Albeit, the priorities are so closely packed that I shift them around as the situation demands.

I usually go with

1)Rattlesnake, Nux, Sirius, and something else depending on circumstance

When facing heavy mech/liberators I swap Nux with Vega and add cannonball to 1)
When facing fast moving enemies, add Blaze to 1).
On part and parcel and Oblivion Express I use Sam, Rattlesnake and alter the last 2 outlaws based on enemy comp, usually based on what I said above.

Rattlesnake is a must. I almost always take him first.

From there my roster USUALLY includes, Sam, and Warhound. The 5th is any one of Vega, Nux or Nikara depending on what I need.

The order I recruit my roster in depends on situations too but I usually have my Fixer out 3rd for the detection.

I usually don’t get Rattlesnake as a second, I just don’t need healing that early on. Sometimes yes.

1 Like

Medivac healing is all you need and that’s without Medivac mastery.

Full Guns for the win!

1 Like

Should I play with only three outlaws then?

Nah, crew compositions for the most part makes little difference. Reasons being:

1. Tychus solo is viable on 100% of the maps against 100% of enemy compositions. (As long as your ally is remotely doing anything)
  2. The biggest impact in terms of Outlaw choice is 2nd one. This entirely depends on a player’s style. As such, you can tell how they’ll play solely based on this choice. (ie. Nikara passively, Kev semi-aggressive, and Sam full assault, etc.)
  3. The idea of Outlaw compositions when 3 or more is used is already overkill by a large margin (which comes with experience). So the discussion is more of an interesting insight to who is/are more preferred rather than which is/are better.

Your choices are just fine, as are others. The forever discussion of Kev is better than Nikara is pretty silly in most aspects. It’s like comparing Kev to Medivac or Cannonball to Sirius.

Interesting perspective. I guess elitism takes over me when I hear Kev and Nikara selected at the same time.

1 Like

Constant mistake of all noobs - they call Nikara as 2nd unit. To have heal. This is only done because of fear and cowardice. A noob doesn’t realize he has a hero marine with more power than a battlecruiser. He doesn’t really need heal that early. You called Nikara? Congratulations, you twice reduced your fire power because you didn’t call a real battle unit. Nearly the same with Rattlesnake - he doesn’t attack air. For healing you do have 3 platforms and they do not waste the unit slot.
Another mistake is calling Warhound. His attack is LOW. Player relies too much on the turrets but they don’t tank too much, they are not that good.

My composition is:

• Sam
  • Nux
  • Rattlesnake (because of area damage in late game)
  • Canonball or Warhound or Vega (depending on enemy)

Sam is always underestimated and forgotten by players. They just don’t understand he has grenade with 1000 damage! Which stuns even highest hybrids providing their murder with no resistance. Insane power.

Just an example. Comparison of 2 tactics on Jinara’s map:

• First location of hybrids and their army appear. Noob comes with Tychus and Nikara, begins shooting but the army there is too big, it overwhelmes anyway. Your heal is still not enough, your attack is laughable. Both die or begin retreating, nearly non damage is done, you are chased in shame, your ally has to deal with enemy on his own.
  • Enemies appear. You come with Tychus and Sam, throw grenade, kill some, throw stun on a hybrid, begin loosing health, teleport them with medivac, place slightly further from the hybrids so they don’t see you for a couple of seconds, shoot more, throw 2nd grenade, army killed. Only 3 hybrids stayed, you stun and kill them. No ally’s help even needed.

Moral of the story. To save your units you have medivacs and you have micro. No need to waste a unit slot on this. Only need to call those units who deal the most damage. Others not needed. Never invest something in weak options or what you don’t need.

Well we do have a similar approach to our team comp but you seem judgemental.

2 Likes

What is the point of calling other people’s gameplay choices “noob” when a simple “I use… Sam, Nux, Kev, etc.” could of sufficed?

If you’ve bother browsing through this topic discussion in detail, you’d found people agree there are differences in Nikara and Kev and Medivac but ultimately it doesn’t make or break the game. Having picked Nikara doesn’t mean the player is an “instant noob”. And conversely, having picked Sam doesn’t make you a great player either.

Stop harassing everyone on every topic with rude words like these. And hope you get flagged hard and never speak inappropriately again:

6 Likes

Brother, would ya ever want to play or just shoot the breeze? You’re such a well put-together feller.