Tired of Seeing Zergs win big tournaments because the balance team can't figure out the problem

LOL I don’t play, spaz. I have no dog in the fight. I can just see when there is an OBVIOUS statistical skew, teenager.

Hello false dichotomy fallacy. This is why arguing with teenagers is pointless. You were the schmuck who was claiming that Zerg weren’t winning all of these supposedly “major tournaments in Korea”… I’ll wait for you to cite them.

2 Likes

That’s…oddly complimentary. I’m an old fart, been a while since anyone called me that :).

You definitely have a horse in this race.

And no - it’s not a false dichotomy. It seems that people become accustomed to Zerg being the underdog and the second they can’t simply be steamrolled by x timing attack, they aren’t sure how to respond.

LOL You love your argument by citation. Not really well educated. I’m Gen X. Been playing SCII since before Brood War. I don’t have a dog in this fight. You once again have asserted “Zerg aren’t winning all these major tournaments”. Cite them.

I didn’t say ‘all the tournaments’. And…it’s amusing that you immediately start flinging ‘fallacy!’ while engaging in several ad-hominum fallacies in your posts.

But this is not going to be productive discussion wise - so you have fun.

LOL Of course, the whining Zergboys go to whining about crappy timing attacks and and cheeses. “We have to have our OP late game, because we lose to all of these early and mid game cheeses!” Just because you suck at defending against timing attacks and idiotic cheeses doesn’t mean the game should be balanced around Zerg getting the golden ticket.

1 Like

I wasn’t using the word “all” literally, spaz. I can’t help but notice you have yet to cite even ONE. Do me a favor, spaz. Go look at ALL of the GSL championship in 2018 and 2019… and tell me how many don’t feature a Zerg.

LOL Like you accusing me of having a bias and strawmanning my argument REPEATEDLY? Meanwhile you haven’t supported ANY of your claims. Yes, spaz, I’m going to call you out on it, fanboy. Also, ad hominem isn’t a fallacy of reason, snowflake. Strawmanning, begging the question, special pleading, and argument by assertion ARE fallacies of reason, spaz… and you and your toolbag friends have been engaging in these grotesque fallacies in reasoning since the beginning, because you have chosen to try to argue against one of the premises of this argument, which is that Zerg is CLEARLY overtuned. Blizzard CLEARLY believes that Zerg is overtuned, so it’s just you crybabies that are whining about it.

Now deal with the suggestion, which are fair and would clearly get the Infestor back into the tier II niche that it’s supposed to fill… instead of having it be a placeholder for a tier III unit. Next up is the Viper, which is also overtuned.

2 Likes

Making this point again. The spaz claimed that there are “all these tournaments in Korea that Zerg aren’t winning”. I’m waiting for ANYONE to post the records of all these “major Korean tournaments” that disprove the thesis. I’ll wait. And, seriously, this would pose a MAJOR threat to my assertion that Zerg are overtuned if there are, in fact, major tournaments where Zerg aren’t dominating… the problem is… Zerg are over represented in these tournaments. That’s why the fanboys never cited the tournaments…

Where are all these major tournaments where there aren’t any Zerg in the semi-finals or finals. Use whatever standard you want. A significant (34%) of tournaments with no Zerg in the finals is the most restrictive standard, and would prove definitively that Zerg isn’t overtuned, but there’s no such data. Zerg are in practically EVERY finals of every major tournament, if NOT both sides of the match. Let’s be real, guys.

This doesn’t seem an impartial analysis to me.

Maybe not, but you can answer the question posed most recently then. Show me where 34% of tournaments have no Zerg in the finals. Because if 34% of tournaments have NO Zerg in the finals, that would indicate that Zerg are in perfect parity with the other 2 races. If, however, 95% of tournaments have at least ONE Zerg in the finals match… then there isn’t parity, bub.

Dude I was referring to Platys51.

By the way, I don’t understand all this unsettling against Zergs when Blizzard clearly recognized that with the last patch. It was a sh*tty year for sure, let’s see what happens now with the new changes.

This sounds reasonable to me.

You are free to provide one if you feel this way.

Fact is that zerg has many features that would make you say: Wait, what? If they belonged to other races.

Terran pays 50/50 to double production of one facility. Addon cant move, fight or make that building produce any higher tier units. Zerg pays only minerals and get everything.

i wont respond to everything youve said, since its too much bs to even discuss about it.

its funny. so in your opinion, blizzcon is EVERYTHING and all other tournaments are… nothing? if terran and toss didnt dominate korea for years, tell me, why did zerg win its first gsl season in lotv in 2019? lotv is out since 2015 and yet, zerg just won its first two gsl seasons in 2019.

its nice cherrypicking by you :smiley: if it suits your logic (past blizzcon finals, even 5 years ago) you look at the past years. but if it doesnt (hi zerg gsl wins in korea), you only look at the recent year^^

and wouldnt that be the same from any other perspective? thats why races are different… different strengths, different weaknesses.

what about giving zerg or terran the opportunity, to warp in units all over the map? what about giving zerg/terran the opportunity, to recall your army back home? (btw, im looking forward to this “yoou caann this with nyyyyduuuuuss” bs)
what about giving hydras the opportunity, to sacrifice health for a dps and mobility boost?

its not like only zerg has unique abilities and strengths… every race has them. its just that if you only play a single race, you dont notice them as such, because youre getting used to them.

I prefer to not provide comparisons of that kind when different races have different strengths. How can you determine whether macro mechanic is better? They boost their own race qualities. Terran is pretty strong in defence in the early game if you get a wall off. Reading that marine drop is not effective made me laugh and it means you can’t properly play Terran. Zerg harassment options are inferior to the other races (because they have the strongest macro potential). In your own world, zerg players are winning all matches from Master to upper MMRs.

5 of 8 in Blizzcon…

look at more than one blizzcon.

for this year, zerg got its nerfs. i was refering to the last 5 years, but out of context is strong :wink:

“Good?” Serral is good. No doubt. 5 different Zerg winning a Premier in ONE year?? That’s more than Terran have won since 2016! You really think all 5 players are just suddenly that much better than their competition? 30% of the player ba3de winning winning 65% of the tournaments strike you as normal?

2 Likes

and here we have that “suddenly better than anyone else” argument.

no, each of these 5 isnt just suddenly better. EACH of them is at the worlds top FOR YEARS. duno how often i have to repeat that, until every whiner would understand this…

also, for like the 100000th time - wheres is soo now? where is rogue now? both didnt achieve any results other than their two wins in 2019.

if suddenly a sortof would start winning tournaments. or a nerchio. or snute. or catz. THEN we could talk about zerg being totally op. but EACH of these 5 zergs is THERE for YEARS.

if you wanna talk about suddenly appearing pro players, how about we look at trap? medicore at best for his whole career, but then somehow, me made gsl finals and suddenly, hes is known as one of the best toss players… THAT is a case, where someone SUDDENLY becomes good.

1 Like