Tired of Seeing Zergs win big tournaments because the balance team can't figure out the problem

ok nerf infestors but then i bring you my own dumb strawman argument and you should nerf protoss and terran to oblivion because its not fair for professional toss and terran players to be evenly matched with 300-400 APM vs 800 APM zerg players, maybe try using ghosts and high templars to counter casters instead of turtling for 20 minutes and building a carrier+archon deathball

3 Likes

HSC was played on the new balance patch, therefore after the races were buffed and nerfed accordingly. ergo - not overtuned.

Zerg is just the best race since start of SC2. Face the reality or leave the game, it’s not only about their op units but design of this race.
Creeps spread is too strong, queens are too strong, and let’s don’t talk about stack inject that allow all zerg to miss macro hard and prod like dark.
One mistakes as terran or toss can cost the game, zerg not. Broken reprod, creep… The only reason why i stopt this game is zerg.

1 Like

You are just stupid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cant agree that Serral and Reynor are there only because of patch, since they did well at HSC well even with the nerfs. Thats skill. Yet to see Korean plays next year.

But that Zerg still has still things a bit broken is true and claims like batz how Z is UP and T has unfair MULEs is clowning.

2 Likes

and this, dear fellows, is called bias.

1.) no, zerg wasn the best race since start of sc2. in the beginning, zerg was heavily underpowered, until broodlord/infestor era was there.

2.) guy number 3000000, who doesnt know the difference betweeen stacking and queueing. i wont explain, why youre wrong, because it was done like 100000 times. just plain simple - youre wrong. ironically enough, you can stack mules, but not injects.

3.) one mistake and it costs you the game? do you truely believe in this? even if you lose your whole army, you allrdy have enough army left in your base, that you can survive an attack, if the zerg isnt really MURDERING you on the field. tanks + libs + wallin take care of every left over army.

on the other hand - once the terran/toss stands between your natural and 3rd… its over, because of how the production of zerg works.

1 Like

The patch just went live and Blizzard hasn’t made any comments yet. If you have no idea what you’re talking about it’s probably better to say nothing at all.

Pretty much spot on.

This.

You can’t nerf a race, when it’s only 0.01% being OP . While the others would suffer. (again Serral already won a tournament with terran, too…) Also alot is just comes down to skill: While I disagree with zerg being op, zerg is a more easy to “mechanic”… than say terran (I play all 3 races and know what im talking about). But game knowledge for zerg requires is much bigger, or you would constantly loose vs good-enough-mechanics of terran/protoss.

That being said simplicity has nothing to do with imbalance/balance, not at all… but the very skill cap. It should not be necessary to be explained… but from reading, the most easy example for you I like to name is: Marines vs Banelings, it is very very hard, and simple for zerg, yet when you are perfect (automaton2000) marines are OP vs banelings… ← Offtopic just s ome background for easiest to play unequal imbalance…

Look son! another cringy marine A move terran that cant win against a zerg.

Euros…

LOL What is with the Euros fanboying. Take Neural away from Infestors and then see how Serral does.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
Playing T and P makes the players lazy.

I personally, think that playing Zerg makes you a better player overall. Blizzard should instead make T and P harder to play thus forcing the players of those races to become better players instead of nerfing zerg.

Nerfing Zerg is like saying: Usain Bolt runs too fast and is winning all the tournaments, from now on he has to run with shackles on his feet to make it fair for the other runners. :thinking:

1 Like

LOL, some goldie thinks toss and terran need to be harder to play. this is exactly why Blizz should stop listening to noobs.

1 Like

It’s shocking looking at the people who think Serral and Reynor are “just good”… Meanwhile, Dark, Rogue, SoO, and Life also won BlizzCon, didn’t they? Serral is good… it doesn’t hurt that he’s also playing an overtuned race.

It’s SIMPLY A FACT that there have been SIX ZERGs in the last 5 BlizzCons.

Here’s another fun facts.

Since Legacy of the Void in 2015, there have been ZERO BlizzCon Finals that have been without a Zerg. Zero.
In that same time, there has been FOUR BlizzCon Finals with ZERO Terrans.
In that same time, there have been THREE BlizzCon Finals with ZERO Protoss.

Serral has appeared in only ONE BlizzCon Final (2018), so “Serral is just good” doesn’t respond to the problem with Zerg being far over-represented in BlizzCon finals, except for dumb kids that don’t realize that there were championships BEFORE Serral. Serral, for example, wasn’t even at BlizzCon 2017 (which was won by Rogue playing Zerg).

But let’s deal with this “Well, X-Zerg-Player is just better!” argument.

Looking at BlizzCons since 2015 (Legacy of the Void) at the Quarterfinal level or above…
Rate of Zergs players eliminated by non-Zergs: 31.25% (5 of 16 Zerg players)
Rate of Protoss players eliminated by Zergs: 53.85% (7 of 13 Protoss players)
Rate of Terrans players eliminated by Zergs: 54.55% (6 of 11 Terran players)

What does this mean?

• If you’re a Protoss or Terran player in a BlizzCon tournament, and you come up against a Zerg player, you are more likely to lose than win.
  • Zerg players are more likely to be eliminated by another Zerg player.
  • Zerg players are more likely to be IN the quarterfinals than any other race.
  • BONUS FACT: TWO of the THREE BlizzCon since 2015 finals that DIDN’T feature a ZvZ matchup had ZERO Zerg in half of the bracket.

Zerg is busted. Let’s talk about how to fix Zerg. I’m thinking fixing the Infestor.

2 Likes

Dude thinks that the extra APM it takes to manage larva and move overlords is skill.

Did they get rid of Neural Parasite? No? Then they didn’t fix the problem, did they?

I dont disagree with your statement about Zerg im not defending them I just think Serral is genuinely good but ofc if neural was nerfed or changed it would affect performance of everyone, but Serral is creative unlike KR Zergs will find a way thats what im saying

pls reply to my post. really wonder about your opinion.

I’d like to meet the moron who thought that giving zerg, already the race with the best units, access to their opponent’s high value units was a good idea.

5 Likes

Okay. I haven’t said that Serral isn’t good anywhere in any of my posts. What I’ve said is that Serral has only been competing for 2 years, and he’s only he’s not the only Zerg. I’ve posted an analysis of the last 5 years of BlizzCons (since LotV), and it’s absolutely clear that 1) Zerg are over represented, 2) Zergs have a clear advantage over other races in all of the head to head matchups, and 3) SERRAL DIDN’T PLAY ANY NON-ZERGS IN 2018 OR 2019 (outside of Finals).

Look it up, Serral fanboys who think he’s a reason Zerg overwins. In 2018, Serral-Z played Dark-Z and Rogue-Z, and he only faced off against Stats-P in the finals, and beat the Protoss 4-2… also, there were no ZERG in the other half of the bracket. In 2019, Serral-Z played SoO-Z and then lost to Reynor-Z.

Let’s look at Reynor… In 2018, Reynor-Z wasn’t old enough to compete. In 2019, Reynor-Z beat Trap-P and then Serral-Z, before losing to Dark-Z.

So the idiots that keep bringing up Serral-Z and Reynor-Z as the reason Zerg is overperforming have completely miss the point that, between the two of them, Serral-Z and Reynor-Z are responsible for a COMBINED elimination of all of TWO (2) non-Zerg players in BlizzCons.

This is why arguing with teenagers is pointless.

4 Likes