TIL: The Starcraft universe has a planet colonized by Mormons

This was one of the funniest and laziest attempts at moral equivalence I’ve ever seen Blizzard try to pull.

4 Likes

Yeah. Her overall point is not wrong, as the protoss have killed a crap ton of terrans in their efforts to exterminate the zerg, but really? She goes for the ones that are so disposable that the zerg literally create tactics around killing their own units?

2 Likes

Well, most of the people responsible for that are currently dealing with a slight case of the being dead’s. You can’t really hold the sins of the conclave over the current administrations head any more than you could blame Valarian for what happened to Tarsonis.

1 Like

As much as I don’t generally believe in the idea of Sins of the Father, Its really hard to look at a people and say that just because they reformed their government means they hold no responsibility for what they allowed the previous one to do. The Conclave didn’t exactly hold a gun to Tassadar’s head and force him to purify Chau Sara, after all, and Aldaris and the other survivors were explicitly allowed to remain a part of the government, except for the ones murdered by Kerrigan.

And that’s how you have redheads arguing about a rock having more value than a Protoss :man_facepalming:

I don’t like how she insults Stetman and his lab as soon as she walks in, who’s already a super genius to begin with. Hanson must be some sort of super genius among geniuses. Super genius squared.

Swann’s a frickin genius too. Everyone on the ship is a prodigy genius. :man_shrugging:

One has to wonder why the Dominion hasn’t strongarmed Hanson into their ranks if she was such a genius. It’s not like she was unknown, her freakin mother works for them already :man_shrugging:

Its because they strong-armed her mother, obviously. Why bother with Hanson? She’s clearly the inferior model.

Duh, who’d want to play with people who have flaws and drawbacks? Swann is a Dwarven Master Engineer, Stetmann is a super annoying nerd stereotype and Horner has a super stick up his ash.

Inferior model managed to cure the Zerg Virus in a derelict lab with little ressources in a short amount of time. Mommy’s works must be on par with Xel’Naga Tech :man_shrugging:

Well, given the fact we never heard of this cure that is part of CANON, we can clearly see that Hanson has some glaring moral flaws. Or people behind Safe Haven have glaring writing flaws.

If there was ever time to retcon something, it’s Safe Haven. It’s so easy. Its superior replacement is in the game already.

She’s not insulting him because he’s not smart enough. She’s insulting him because his lab is a mess.

Stettman is the mad-scientists type of genius, Hanson is the clean, clinical, and controlled type of genius.

As I recall, the Haven colonists basically drop off the map after Jim leaves, and its ambiguous as to weather theyre all right. It may be that the cure wasn’t permanent, like with Stukov, or that something else happened to make the colony go dark. Its also implied that the Meinhoff strain of infestation was different from ordinary infestation to allow it to spread so quickly and without the need for other zerg organisms to administer it individually.

Eh, even in Haven’s Fall the tragedy comes from Hanson actually being stupid for not wanting to do the same thing as on Meinhoff.
And even if she somehow could make a cure that could be easily deployed on thousands of infested people, there were still other Zerg forces on the planet along with the infested that would need to be purged by fire. I can’t imagine someone managing to not kill the infested while shooting at Zergs. :confused:

I didn’t see much of her supposed genius.

Hanson: We tested the objects, and their technobabble aligns when theyre close together. They may be related.

Stettman: Well, they look pretty similar, so they might be related.

1 Like