TIL: The Starcraft universe has a planet colonized by Mormons

Ignoring it would first require that I recognized it. My apologies for being a cultureless dog.

Shoulda lived in Ancient Hellas then.

No problemo.

I was just trying to say, that humans for all the dickbaggishness have incredible ability to overcome crappy situations and that is kind of great.

Yeah, so weird that I’m only bad at it with only the same certain individuals. Everyone else suddenly has miraculous reading comprehension. :thinking:

Anyway, I don’t even know what edgy is and would like a definition for it. Based off this definition:

We could define edgy as “ writing with attitude,” as opposed to objectivity or neutrality or evenness. That attitude tends towards smartness, even “smart-@ss-ness,” to make up a word. It involves sophistication, even worldliness beyond the normal and the daily.

…I could care less. I said dark. Better Tomorrow cinematic was dark, and it was a good cinematic. So was Haven’s Fall, too bad it’s not canon. Tychus getting killed was dark, but it was overshadowed by the stupidity of Raynor refusing to look into the bomb in his best friend’s suit that he knew about.

Tychus wasn’t willing to look into the bomb. He didn’t even mention it until he was already prepared to kill Kerrigan.

The time for tychus to speak up about the bomb and get Raynor to do something about it was back on the Hyperon, where they had time and resources, not during the evacuation of Char when Tychus was in the process of trying to kill Kerrigan.

Horner runs a scan on Tychus and tells Raynor about the trigger that will shut down Tychus’s vitals. Raynor decides to just “let it go” because Tychus knows what he’s doing. :man_shrugging:

I’m not sure a bunch of bandits on a crappy ship had the resources to deal with it. Either way, Jimbo not caring about it is just sad.

Raynor actually says that he hopes Tychus knows what he’s doing I think,

I will report on this once I get there.

That kinda makes it worse.

“Tychus is being blackmailed by a third party with a kill switch in his suit, making him a present threat to me and the whole crew, but I hope he has it under control so let’s just drop it, ok?”

They also theorized that Moebius has their ‘finger on the trigger’, Jimbo and Horner. So it is weird how they didn’t ask Narud or later on Valerian about it. Plothole much?

Tychus sacrificed his freedom for little Jimmy, then his life. When Kerrigan says she’s sorry about his death, Raynor is like “Eh, that’s his fault. Moving on”.

Raynor is just the worst friend ever. The kind of friend who always asks your help and is never here when you ask for help

Raynor is ultimately shown selfish, rash and headstrong in many scenes, not being able to tell people his motivations, etc. This is in my opinion is bad design because we also see him in similar situations as selfless, open-minded and good at getting his message through. His personality and smarts just change based on what the story needs him to be at the time.

Tychus went out of his way to not ask for help, only bringing up the existence of a problem when Raynor’s only options were kill Tychus or let Tychus kill Kerrigan.

It was 100% his fault. Tychus intentionally put Raynor in a position where he would have to choose one friend over the other, and Raynor chose the friend who didn’t do that to him.

Correct me but Raynor seemed pretty adamant on not killing Kerrigan, which was Tychus’ only option to survive, not counting the slim chance of them killing Mengsk real quicklike. In fact I’m fairly certain Raynor said it multiple times that he decides what happens to Kerrigan, and it ain’t death. So what choice does Tychus have? “Hey man, I know we were friends, but I’m working for Mengsk to kill Kerrigan, hope you’re fine with that.”

Where another part of poor storytelling comes in. They had do bring in one of them fancy prophecies so Raynor would not kill Kerrigan, despite swearing he would because Kerrigan betrayed him and Fenix and butchered a few million if not billion people.

“Hey man, that kill switch I said not to worry about? It’s there for the express purpose of forcing me to kill Kerrigan. Maybe we should get that looked at while we’re here on umoja, surrounded by the most technologically advanced human faction in the sector.”

I agree with the prophecy thing. They could have instead pushed the angle that the Queen of Blades was not Kerrigan, and by curing her they could get the old Kerrigan back.

No need for a prophecy, or for Raynor to go back on his word. The Queen of Blades died and Kerrigan survived.

Did he ever talk about that with Raynor? I think not.

Were they in Umoja together? I thought only after Kerrigan got de-infested did they go there.

Tychus was blown away as a result of tampering with the suit.

I mean, that’s better but still just a cheesy and lazy way of redeeming a character that should not ever be redeemed.

Yeah the whole split personality thing is dumb. Nobody treated it that way in StarCraft because that’s not how it would work and that’s not how mental illnesses work. Infestation leaves nothing to be saved. The fact that you can just come back from it like it never happened cheapens the whole thing.

And Tychus/Raynor were never on Umoja.

As far as it goes, Tychus was deliberately keeping his agenda secret from Raynor, even when he knew it would put him at odds with his friend. Tychus also very clearly does not want to be at odds with Jimmy, at least not over this. He had every opportunity to confess to Jim what was going on and ask for help, since he was there specifically to do something Jim wouldn’t want him to do, but he chose not to do so. Tychus was in a bind, but ultimately he chose to keep it to himself instead of actually talking to anybody about it and asking for help. This is doubly important since Jim made it exceptionally clear that he wasn’t going to go out of his way to solve Tychus’ problems for him unless they directly involved the Raiders in some way.

1 Like

Having a spy/saboteur on the ship doesn’t impact the Raiders?

1 Like

We all seen Jimbo in WoL, if Tychus tells him he has a direct radio signal for good ole Mengsk and that he’s working for him our white knight Raynor woulda killed him or ditched him instantly.