The Next Commander After Arcturus

Realistically Swann to Nova was the same as Nova to H&H, because the order of the first 6 commanders was assigned arbitrarily.

1 Like

Arcturus should be coming next week.

Interestingly enough; Arcturus wasn’t one of the most requested potential Commanders at least on this forum. Anyone think this means it’s more likely Blizzard will just go with who they have the most interest in rather than fans?

Hard to say, really. It’s really a sliding scale between catering to what the fanbase wants or something iconic to the series as a whole.

Arcturus is definitely leaning far to the iconic character to the series rather than being a major fan-requested pick, while if they had gone with Valerian, he’d have been far more on the fanpick end of the scale.

Honestly, all bets are off on what Protoss or Zerg we will get next. While I have my hopes for my interpretation of a 4-Tribes themed Rohana commander, I certainly can’t deny we could end up with something truly left-field and unexpected, like Aldaris of all things.

Same for the Zerg with something that would, in my opinion, be truly absurd like them trying to rationalize a secretive ‘Third’ Overmind that had been in hiding all along.

1 Like

Very true.

Also, I too hope for the 4 faction themed Rohana Commander… :smirk:

1 Like

How about Adun himself?
He personally joins the fray. He is like Artanis but even bigger and stronger?

Adun commands Extremely powerful Khalai Warriors and War Machines (back when it was most powerful) and Nerazim Assassins and terrorists (Able to severely infect Bio enemies and hack into mechanics)

I would like to see Aeon of Strife era skins.

Probably gonna follow the same time flow as the last two years and we wont see the next commander for around 8 months then get another one for Blizzcon 3 months later.

So, you think only 2 Commanders next year?

I’m guessing either Selendis and Izsha next year. Although, Overmind has strong probability.

1 Like

According to some Giant Eyeball might not be used because they want to play nice with Games Workshop.

I think only the Cerebrates are a problem from what I hear. After all; Blizzard used the Overmind in Wings of Liberty.

1 Like

It was more of an Ouros, but yeah, they used the whole model, so I guess you are right.

At this rate the next commander is probably Amon. /s

Either Overmind or a Protoss with the Mothership, maybe Selendis.

Hmm we’ll see. Secretly, I don’t believe there is much more left in store for us. Arcturus took half a year to complete and doesn’t come with a spotlight video. There hasn’t been a new map in over a year, commander reworks have been put on hold if not canceled.
Instead of an Amon / AI / Map revamp or extention that properly addresses the effects of power creep we get this brutal+ feature. Let’s be honest, this is nothing new. They had already discussed this two years ago as an addition to mutation mode but never finished it because the community didn’t respond well to some of the implications like eventually feeling forced to play it for the bonus exp. This is just them cleaning out their development pipeline, scrambling together a halfassed bandaid fix from half finished projects.

I’m getting the impression it was either bringing mutations to normal mode or doing nothing at all because they don’t have the work time to do a proper solution. It seems like a last ditch effort.

Where is it? Because that would be Terran I could speak there too. Here I strongly believe it will be Protoss but I am not sure that after Stetman Niadra as basically Zerg with Protoss tech (remember guys Stukov is basically Zerg with Terran Tech)
will fit. Anyway for next commander I really think it has something to do with the new protoss skins because they do not really fit for my opinion for the campaign mission.

Will other Commanders get new units like Arcturus?

Good question. Not sure how you think we can answer that though, so I’ll say ‘maybe’.

1 Like

New commanders would be, if there are any new ones being worked on.

Existing commanders getting new units has never been a thing.

1 Like

I’d say an example would be Rohana possibly getting the “Preserver” units from the Campaign but they could act as detectors.

Edit: Selendis could get the Lasarra model from the Heart of the Swarm Campaign for a brand new unit.

It looks like they are moving towards a less standard, occasionally derpy design for units and commanders so there’s a good chance we’ll see new stuff. Makes me hope for a KMC commander.

1 Like