The Next Commander After Arcturus

Warfield was my first CO concept but I never actually posted it. The idea was that certain defensive buildings (auto turrets, bunkers, supply depots, sonar towers and psi-disruptors) build significantly faster for him. He’d have a variety of elite Dominion merc units he can buy from a special compound and then call them down (up to three groups) at the same time. Stuff like Sons of Korhal, Prometheus Company, etc. He could also mass-produce Marines, I was thinking of 3-5 groups. His calldowns would include a bunch of Medivacs coming in, healing up the units in the given area as much as possible and transporting them to any location on the map you signal.
He would’ve had a hero unit as well in my mind. As far as the role I had in mind, he was a steamroller who can quickly set up defenses in the wake of a massed Marine onslaught. Also figured he could be an air superiority commander with the elite Vikings, Banshees, Gorgon-Cattlebruisers, etc.

As far as Davis goes, I wouldn’t mind it if there was a compound for the Xanthos where you can decide which weapons you want to use before you call it down, so here is flexibility involved.

1 Like

blizzard is somewhat unpredictable. they released stetmann completely out of the blue, which suggests that additional commanders could still be released. the big question is how they handle the interface adjustments needed to add the next commander. if they add a new line, then adding new commanders is easy for a while. if they only extend the current line however, it is a bit more restricted.

I like the idea of quick fortifications for Warfield, though I’m not sure how the mercs factor into it aside maybe extra muscle to attack and later set up defenses.

Maybe temporary units that are very strong for their cost in that push?

I’d prefer Valerian as the air commander, personally.

I just wanted elite units for him and not just masses of marines. I always imagined Varian as a more defense orianted CO with those Umojan gas and security turrets, sentry bots and expensive but high HP marines.

I think it’d be better for us to get a different Umojan commander, but I’m not sure what the theme would be aside high tech and high costs.

They could be passive aggressive hippies. I’d rather have the KMC. Real men drill deep, brother.

Karax actually does have combat experience…

spoilers

For one LotV campaign mission… Terrans attack. Artanis, Alarak, and Fenix held them off while as Karax, you go in and complete the mission’s objects

Folks have mentioned where Swann and Stetmann stand…

Swann

At least one Mission in WoL

Stetmann

The comics via Warchest4 have him leading his mecha Zerg and a band of Terrans against a Tal’darim outpost

Me… I’m still going to pitch in Kate Lockwell!

She’s a support and defense oriented commander, but her reporting attracts the attention of other COs, who help her take on objectives.

Stetmann in WoL was a scientist. He wont do well to command an army.
I like how blizz created a background story on how stetmann became able to command an army.
Belshir changed him. Now, he is “enlightened”.
Tactical and strategic decisions directly whispered to his ears.

So, i think izsha could have the same treatment.
Eventhough i think izsha is already well enough to command an army.
Prior to deinfestation, the old queen of blades used izsha to store her memories and plans.
So, i guess she has a huge bank of tactical and strategic knowledge and plans.
She even advises kerrigan during HotS.

1 Like

Honestly, Izsha is my most wanted Zerg Commander. Then the Overmind.

1 Like

Did I say he doesn’t? I just said he ain’t a scientist but an engineer in my mind. I played through the campaigns as well, I know them three was actually in the fray at least once.

Don’t recall. My response was more so to the community at large since it has come up before.

1 Like

Aight, brother. Like usual, we’re in on this one together again. Karax the Templar.

that would be a different character with a similar name, karass.

Tassadar and Overmind would be perfect for me but i expect something like Tosh or Rohana.

By rotation, the next commander should be Protoss. We have dead people, we have technically an announcer (stettman), and we will now have a dead villain, so someone like Rohana is definitely up for grabs. Either her or Selendis are possible candidates, and anyone else so soon would be coming from left field like Arcturus, at least to me. They could have some other dead Protoss come and fight.

Myself and probably other people would like to have their own controllable mothership - something more fulfilling than Alarak’s death fleet mothership.

After that, I do want the Overmind.

it does not have to be protoss, it could be zerg as well. 2 terran commanders in a row is unlikely however.

They ate all balanced up…no good reason for any race to be favored/discouraged.

True, but they said they create commanders in threes, so it is a matter of if they finished their current batch of 3, or if they are starting a new one.

tychus, zeratul and stetmann likely made up one batch.

There are exceptions. The longest "dry spell was from Swann to Nova. All the way until HH, Terran COs were one behind with Zerg and/or Protoss

T Z P
Raynor
Kerr
Art
Swa
Zag
Vorazun
Kar
Aba
Alarak
Nova
Stu