The next co-op commander

Considering the direction the last few commanders, my personal speculation of the next posable commander is Tosh from Wings Of Liberty featuring elite spectures, Or Niadra from Heart Of The Swarm as a cross between Dehaka’ leveling system and Abathur’s Biomass collecting. Tell me your thoughts for the next Commander?

6 Likes

Selendis with lasting Mothership already. Make that thing something like the mothership from the early SC2 demonstrations with the planet cracker.

16 Likes

If Niadra is the one that Kerrigan sent on the protoss golden armada/mother ship, then I personally don’t think we’ll ever get her as a commander, Because of the novels. Tosh, Selendis, one of the other brood mothers, Ariel Hansen, or even Valerian are all possibilities.

5 Likes

i really wanted a commander with those taldarin void rays from the campaign…

2 Likes

Dr Hanson or Tosh, Then Izsha, then whatever.

3 Likes

I mean alarak has them, just not for very long

4 Likes

That Barrel Commander idea is both the most ridiculous and amazing thing I’ve ever heard both at the same time.

1 Like

if they made starcraft 3 they have a whole lot more commanders to add.

“Blimp Queen” Selendis? :smiley:

6 Likes

Blizzard make this happen and I’ll pay double the regular price of a commander lol.

PS - I legit LOL’ed a bit at the Barrel Roll.

1 Like

I’m thinking the next Commander with likely be Terran. I’m guessing either Tosh or Valerian.

If not; I’m guessing Selendis as she is one of the most requested Commanders.

I am wondering about Selendis’s units though. As she will most likely be Golden Armada focused; what will she have to make her stand out? I’m thinking she’ll have:

• Zealots (She, herself is a Zealot) (Golden Age)
  • Adepts (Golden Age)
  • Avenger (Templar variant of the Dark Templar)
  • Oracle (Templar variant)
  • Scouts
  • Warp Ray (Templar variant of the Void Ray)
  • (edit) Carriers (Yeah, she should have Carriers)
  • Mothership Core
  • Mothership

Something to this effect.

5 Likes

We got 5 Terrans, 6 Zerg, and 6 Protoss COs thus far, so for the sake of symmetry, it should be Terran.

If barrels are accepted, then may as well do some cross-franchising…

Simulant Night Elves:
Mecha Elf Archers
Mecha Elf Huntress
Mecha Elf tree broodlings

Overmind , Izsha others are irrelevant , plus Niadra is a dumb side character , boring.

Izsha is one of the most prominent characters in Heart of the Swarm.

Niadra has a very interesting potential theme as a Commander.

2 Likes

Since they still didn’t used the Umojan and Golden Age skinset, the next commanders will be probably Valerian if Terran, Selendis or Rohana if Protoss

Niadra using Protoss tech. Simples.

1 Like

If they made Starcraft 3 we’d be working on an entirely new game and the new commanders would have to be made from the ground up.

I just want a commander with a permanent mothership.

I don’t care who gets it, I just think it’s absurd that the one race that actually has a “heroic” unit build into their kit in PvP matches doesn’t have access to one in Co-op

We’ve seen Niadra in the comics, she’s just standard zerg.

Also she’s not co-operative.

2 Likes

The Zerg with a mix of Protoss tech is already out, and called Stetmann. Because reasons. Given how lackluster the last three commanders have been (either brain dead easy to play, or stupid elaborate) they might as well make Kate Lockwell the next Terran commander. If I had to guess, I would say it’s Valerian, since they already have the Umojan skins for him.

2 Likes

I still maintain that Tychus and Zeratul were designed for the even more casual Coop player. If that gets more sales and adds to the player base, then all the better overall.

If they made Kate Lockwell into a CO, she could have units and structures that are for newscasting, along with minimal attack, but mostly defense. Her “gimmick” would be her broadcasting attracts the attention of the other COs, of which you get to use a subset of their units, buildings, powers, and CD.

They could also tie her into Valerian. In this noncannon branch, he isn’t “playing” too much “State Craft”, so he has the time to pursue her :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: In this case, Valerian has his Dominion military presence.

Ji’nara as Tal’darim Death Fleet commander.

2 Likes