The Commander After Stetmann

Well if recent events regarding a certain ongoing event lingers, then Blizzcon may end up being affected greatly. If you know what I mean.

Maybe the next commander’s only unit will be the protesting Mar Sara colonists and the CO will have a special mission to bring down a hidden Activision-Blizzard HQ hidden on all maps.

I’m certainly expecting it and so should Blizzard. The question is how much that controversy will overshadow the event, especially over at the Hearthstone section.

If anything, I’ve started questioning whether or not I am willing to pay up for the next commander (if there is one) given Blizzard’s actions.

1 Like

I don’t know about you, but I probably will buy it, especially if it’s Terran. And double especially if it’s a cool Terran.

1 Like

I am the same. Though I can understand him…

We’ve discussed on other topics, and if nothing else I admire his strength in principles.

As I do expect the same. I think the smartest thing they can do may be to announce what they have and end the event early without question periods. Even then that’s just a band-aid on a giant gash. :face_with_head_bandage:

i buy all commanders right away. it is not like i have a shortage of money anyway.

1 Like

Understand, I do. Share the feelings, not so much. Enough off-topic from me.

Blizzard bans Zagara since Hunter Killers have the same initials as Hong Kong :wink:

1 Like

I reckon they will still do Q&As but they will basically handpick the questioners to prevent embarrassment like Diablo Immortal last year or having to answer tough questions.

I just hope the next terran commander has APCs (mobile bunkers) that can deep tunnel to a target location.

Stukov already has infested siege tanks that can deep tunnel and bunkers that can unroot to move around.

But if Blizzard wanted to use special APCs, it should probably belong to Valerian´s Umojan army. It should be a modified APC that allows all units within to attack as if it were a bunker, and if destroyed, all units inside survive ( like a Hercules ). The APC can also warp to a target location, and warping to the target location will cause an explosion upon landing. Everything in the radius receives damage, and nonstructural units are knocked back

What do you think? Do you like this? Do you think this will work?

Blizzcon is later today. Thoughts?

I’m still hoping for a new Commander. Either Tosh or Selendis would make me happy.

If they don’t show a commander trailer at any point during the WCS finals coming up today, then I guess our only hope is the Pylon Show tomorrow on the 2nd.

If there is a new commander, they could make mention of it during the opening on the main stage. At the very least, it should be playable at the demo station in Hall E; trailer and blog to follow up. Then they might talk about it during the live Pylon Show.

I’m pessimistic. They just released a huge ladder patch with only a mutator change for coop and it seems unlike them to have two ‘major’ releases in quick succession. Also nothing teased at this point? We didn’t even have Yattien speak up. It just seems all wrong.

Meanwhile, I just played my first coop match in months and it was a disappointment. The game is just too easy and forgiving to provide any challenge or further interest. After such a long break I played bad and yet my teammate and I still utterly destroyed the map and competed more for kills with each other than with Amon. Amon is just a sad joke at this point.
And that’s already without using call downs or ultimate abilities. Everything is just soooo predictable, the same old story and the commanders waaaaay overgeared compared to what the AI has to offer.

The contrast was especially stark coming from a few sessions of WoL campaign where hybrids are the ultimate threat but in coop we spawn camp their poor asses and wipe them up in a second like all the other zerglings. You know something is wrong balance and challenge wise when a wave of 8ish hybrids spawns and dies before they can even attack.

There is just nothing left to do or to see at this point. New maps or commanders won’t fix this for me, only a new challenge, something to practice and aim for and no, cheesy mutations never have or will be that next step for me. There are so many Commanders I still like to play and so many maps I still find visually appealing but there is just no way I can still enjoy myself with the game on auto pilot like that.

And what if WC3R comes with a SC2-like co-op mode? Fingers crossed.

1 Like

For me can be one of these:
*Valerian (Umojans)
*Selendis or Rohana (Golden Age)
*Mengsk (Tyrador) (they can say Tyrador was Mengsk’s elite guard, then assigned to Tyrador after Valerian became emperor)
*someone with Cerberus, that I don’t have idea who can be (Cerberus)

But I think Valerian is the most likely

i have no idea what i would want other than a new commander with an interesting concept. i would buy a new commander anyway.

Dugalle would do well with Cerberus
(Cerberus Zerg + UED Valkyries and Medics)

That’s a great idea. A UED focused army could indeed have Zerg in them as slave broods. These could be calldowns or toned down Zerg units unless you have scientists nearby.