The Commander After Stetmann

Zeratul isn’t the Ihan-rii Commander. His units are not called Ihan-rii. When Zeratul was introduced the Ihan-rii weren’t ever even mentioned.

As far as the point of no Ihan-rii character that could be a commander; that is what I’m sad about. It’s unlikely; but if we were to get a mission pack Blizzard could introduce the Ihan-rii proper.

tychus seem to be using the tyrador scv actually.

Zagara’s units don’t have “Leviathan” in the name too, still she is the Leviathan Brood commander, a unit don’t need to have the skin name on its name to be it, Zeatul units are Ihan-rii since the models are nearly all the same, so Zeratul command the Ihan-rii, the skins lore too suggest that if Zeratul was alive they will follow him, since they was awakened by Zeratul’s recall. The Co-Op Zeratul is what would happened if Zeratul was still alive. So, he is the Ihan-rii commander, do you really think Blizzard would use 2 times the same skinset for another commander? Ihan-rii skinset is already used, that’s it.

the skin is the Umojan skin but darker, and the portrait is the Tyrador portrait but witout the platinum effect, different light and without the Tyrador decal, so the Tychus’ SCV we can consider another skin (quite lazy, but still a different skin)

That is not how that works. Just because Zeratul wakes them up with a distress call doesn’t mean they follow him. Maybe give him some access to technology; but not follow him. Honestly, we don’t even know anything about the Ihan-rii other than they believe themselves to be ‘the true inheritors of the Xel’naga’.

Also, yes, Commanders can share the same faction as both Karax and Talandar do. Raynor and Swann at least share the same faction. So, no. That is not “it”. There can be more than one. However, like I admitted; there is no Ihan-rii character to become a Commander. At least not at this point.

but they actually followed him, since in Co-Op Zeratul command the Ihan-rii.
Karax and Talandar don’t share the same factions. Karax use mostly the Glacius Purifiers (even if Karax have a mix of things: Aiur, Nerazim and Purifier), Talandar use the Cybros Purifiers.
Swann maybe can have a proper skinset, he already have a proper console after all, and I remember Blizzard mentioned that they want give to each commanders a proper skinset.

I highly doubt they will create a character from no where, they don’t even created a full body Han model for her, and just placed her with an holo-screen. A lot of the new portraits are just lazy… Xel’Naga Enforcer and Xel’Naga Ambusher are just Immortal and Stalker portrait with different light and slightly greenish, Ihan-rii Archon and Tempest are the same of the Purifier portraits but dark grey and green instead of white and orange. The Simulant and Cerberus portraits are just eh unit models with better textures with a background, but still in a lot lower quality then the others portraits, the SC1 portraits are just gifs… some of them don’t even fit with the SC2 portrait (Drone and Probe).

Really hope to see Arcturus next!!!

that could very well be. i have analysed a blizzcon poster posted on twitter and that seem to hint at arcturus being next. i do not know for sure however.

1 Like

There are still a lot of interesting commanders left, but Arcturus is something special, and I wonder first of all, what kind of units are they going to give him))

likely battle cruisers but since he was a battle cruiser hero in starcraft 1.

and hopely not as weak comander as Alarak or Stukov

What?! In what sense… internal rage.

Sigh
It looks like we will have to agree to disagree. Unless Blizzard themselves clarify what Zeratul’s forces are; it looks like you and I would just be arguing.

I dunno, the lore for the skinset mentions they were looking for Zeratul, who had called them. I kind of assumed that was the dev’s reasoning for why they looked reminiscent of some of his forces, in that in this alternate timeline, they awoke on time and made contact with Zeratul to help him.

The simplest logic is sometimes the best. Keep things simple.

3 Likes

You mean about Alarak and Stukov?

you can even disagree, but this don’t change the fact that Zeratul use the Ihan-rii skinset for great part of his units, the lore too mention a connection between Zeratul and Ihan-rii. You don’t agree? Ok, but the official fact say another thing.

Ok… since you weren’t willing to let it go I will say it. You are wrong. Zeratul is not the Ihan-rii Commander. the official fact is you are wrong. Zeratul was not nor is he listed as using Ihan-rii. All the Ihan-rii say is that they got his distress signal. At best; he uses their technology not their warriors. His units are not called Ihan-rii. They are called Xel’naga. Likely referring to the technology they are made out of. Even looking at Zeratul’s Legion’s; none of them are meant to be Ihan-rii. They are both Templar and Nerazim. But even given the benefit of the doubt; Zeratul is closer to Karax’s scenario of being able to use units from a different faction than say Talandar (Fenix) who is the primary faction leader.

Both Karax and Talandar use Purifiers. But Karax isn’t really the Purifier Commander. Talandar however, is. Zeratul may use Ihan-rii technology; but he isn’t the Ihan-rii Commander.

1 Like

The most funny thing is that Blizzard USED the Ihan-rii skins, the same exactly skins, you can actually see even them in Zeratul co-op artworks to be exactly identical. And you still say “nope, that’s not true”.
Neither Zagara is listed to be use the Leviathan Brood, but guess what? She use the Leviathan Brood skins, so she is not Leviathan Brood commander because nowhere they say that even if we see that?
Just because they have “Xel’naga” in the name, don’t mean they are actual Xel’naga, even because… well… the Xel’naga that we saw are octopus-like creatures, and the Ambusher and Enforcer pilot are not so octopus to be Xel’naga…
What about if they just use Xel’naga technology, SINCE the Ihan-rii say to be so near to the Xel’naga at the point that their own decal is a Xel’naga and they refer to them selves as Xel’naga successors (ah, little note, Ihan-rii is another name for Xel’naga too… so Xel’naga and Ihan-rii is basically the same word)

Again the exemple of Karax is really weak, because Karax don’t have ANY Cybros Purifiers skin, but just Glacius Purifiers skins. And Zeratul have a lot of units with the same skins of Ihan-rii skins. This is the difference:

Cybros Purifier skins used by Karax: 0
Cybros Purifier skins used by Talandar: nearly all
Ihan-rii skins used by Zeratul: nearly all

Just so you know, Ihan-rii is literally another name the protoss use for the xel’naga. It means “Great Teachers” in Khalani.

3 Likes

zeratul uses nerazim skins for his void rays at the very least(same as vorazun). he does not have star gate and none of those units seem to be available. another commander could use different units than zeratul. they could add an air focused commander for example. considering how many ground focused commanders they have released lately(alarak, zeratul): an air focused one is more likely.

At no point are the Ihan-rii talked about in Zeratul’s Commander preview. In fact, if you watch it; it suggests its ONLY Xel’naga technology. While Ihan’rii can mean ‘Xel’naga’; at no point was that clarified. At no point was his meeting of the Ihan-rii even brought up in any context before the Ihan-rii skins were added.

There is no point in separating Glacius Purifier and Cybros Purifiers as if they are different Factions. They are both Purifiers. All under the command of Clolarion and of course now Artanis. Meaning, Talandar is the primary Purifier faction leader. Karax is entrusted with Purifier units; but he is a secondary Purifier Commander at best.

My question to you is; if you can separate Glacius with Cybros; why can’t you separate Zeratul with Ihan-rii?