Thank you for making CO OP boring and hopeless

Almost any commander can solo Brutal so the other commander can practically go and order some pizza if he wants to and still get a win.

So how to make it more challenging? pick brutal +1? That abomination that is so very frustrating but also very annoying and almost impossible?

Why darkness is being allowed on maps at where we need to collect crystals to survive? So we have to guess where the crystals spawn in complete darkness then pick them?

Why is slow allowed with nukes? How are we supposed to dodge nukes when the troops are almost always slowed? To not even talk about drill + slow?

Why the drill is attacking our workers when the crystal lock happens?

Vortexes all over the place not letting us to advance a single inch constantly pushing our troops back then losing because the time is up? Blizzard? Damage Return? What else can be mixed to make this game so very annoying and frustrating?

Seriously.

How hard it was in so many years to not think about either letting the players to manually pick the options from a random pool or at least give all these stupid options some kind of tiers so that blizzard/nuke/vortex would not be mixed with any other option that could make the game to be what it is…

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the custom option exists bruh.

2 Likes

Yeah but the exp is the same as the standard brutal. The problem is brutal+ being too often too easy or too hard compared to standard play, so the difficulty flow is weird and not enjoyable.

4 Likes

Another “I can win Brutal” topic huh.

2 Likes

There are still lots of bugs (mostly mutation) in co-op that needs to be fixed but sadly, Blizzard is almost a husk what is once was.

Those bugs existed long before and since lots of developers left Blizzard, and it is unlikely that bugs will be fixed ever.

1 Like

Exactly.

The games are either so very easy or nearly impossible.

2 Likes

And you thought making a topic after they’ve announced no more support would do… What exactly?

1 Like

No point repeating it now, but +1 should always be limited to 1 mutator only.
Stupid and annoying combos can start at least from +2 or even later.

2 Likes

“Brutal too easy but one difficulty harder than Brutal is too har, i mean, too annoying. Time to make a post about it”

5 Likes

If you get a bad selection of mutations, you can just quit and reset.
Alternatively there is the custom mutation games.

Up to Brutal +3 it’s really easy and even Brutal +6 can be easy depending on the mutations.

Having said that, I think Coop is mostly stale because we don’t have new maps.
We need more variety.

1 Like

weird how people complain and say they dont want to play brutal because its too easy and then complain about not wanting to play brutal+ because its too hard…

1 Like

Classic example of overestimated self-skill.

I have an idea about Brutal+1, though we have no hope now.

Just make it rotate every 20 minutes and show the mutation before you start the game. That way if the combination is too hard like diffusion + life steal, you can just play something else. You can also choose the commander + prestige you like.

2 Likes

Co-op may be “boring and hopeless” for you, but I still find it to be quite fun. Experiment a little, play different prestiges with different/unorthodox styles. I’ve been adopting Mengsk’s Tankivacs into my P2 play, and just watch the air melt.
I can solo Brutal as any of my main commanders, easily. But things are more fun and spicy when I just do something off the wall and challenge myself to make it work.
I don’t like actively participating in Brutal+ or Brutation just because so many solo mutators and mutation combos are too chaotic or frustrating to deal with. Mutations as a whole just aren’t very fun to me, unless it’s a really interesting combo.

1 Like

It’s time for you to get good. Any competent lvl 90 commander can breeze through sub Brutal +3.

What is the problem with darkness on VP? The crystals spawns are super predictable if you know the mission. If you don’t, don’t play brutal+. Here is some info that might help you.

1-2. First two crystals spawn at your main.
3-4. Next spawn is on low ground between main and expo.
5-6 and 7-8. Two crystals spawn on low ground west to expo near ramp to a 9 o’clock enemy base. Two more spawn to the east of expo on low ground.
9-11. There are some options here but you only need to close bases to east and west of your main. Either all the crystals are at one of them, or there is one at each of them and one on low ground between them.
12-14. Crystals are split between south-west base, low ground near it, and east-to-expo base. Easily obtained of both commanders sweep the areas separately.
15-17. Either all three spawn on low ground south to expo, or all three are on low ground near farthest northeast base.
18-20. Two crystals are on low ground near northeast base, and one is on the central plateau.
Bonus objective is on far south if you can’t find it with darkness mutator.

1 Like

Well, there truly are some gg combos even on +1, but none of those described by OP fits the role.

Mutations are annoying, I get it.

There are still a lot to do with regular brutal. Brutal is easy with some COs (death ballers) but harder with COs that requires work (none deathballers). Are you able to solo all maps with all the COs? Against every enemy comp?

The prestige system was Blizzard last gift to coop fans, it’s suppose to last us a while. Did you figure out optimal build order for all 54 prestiges? Are you able to solo brutal with all 54 prestiges? Did you level all 54 prestiges?

If you answered no to any of the questions above than regular brutal still can challenge you.

The point of the mutators are not being too hard, the point it’s that some interactions are just annoying and non enjoyable without adding anything to the mission. You are also bound to some mutators countering or countered by specific commanders (killbots for example).

The idea behind mutators is excellent, but the execution was not, and balancing around it should have done via tiers or categories and keeping them simple. Complexity is just harder to balance.

Sadly for me, it’s becoming quite troublesome. Maybe bad timing, but exactly since that announcement I’m experiencing a decline of quality in both my allies and the EU General Co-op chat channel ingame. My block list is growing every time I’m looking at that chat, and I don’t block people lightly.

As for allies, here a few examples.

• Raynor on Dead of Night. No Prestiges, but Ascension around 60. Builds one bunker during the first night. Doesn’t bother putting Firebats in there and proceeds to lose it. Now, not that big of a deal. However, next thing I see are like three Starports and 0 defenses at the top lane. Yet another genius going for BCs on DoN while building zero defenses. Mind you, all of that while my Death Fleet was already doing the buildings anyway since the first day.

• Zeratul who just left Chrono Boost on both his Nexii (Nexuses? w/e). Preferred needlessly clearing out the left base on Oblivion Express while ignoring a wave coming for his own base.

• Vorazun on this weeks mutation (Boom Bots). Positive: used DTs for Bot vision and communicated the codes, while reacting to mine pretty quickly. Meh: Messed it up once though which cost us the expansion. Very bad: at like 15-20mins, only had 5 DTs present at the Shuttle launch point. Like, how the heck am I supposed to clear out buildings when you have 5 DTs that far into the game?

• Stukov who just cleared out everything on Chain of Ascension, causing it to be a unenjoyable 30min game. Think it was a long time ago when I last saw that many waves spawn on this map.

• People of all levels whose speed to take locks on L&L rivals that of a snail

• Edit: Forgot one! A Raynor, I believe, on Scythe of Amon. When we had two and a half minutes left, he pinged for the upper sliver because the shuttle was going there. Problem is, we still hadn’t cleared the way up there, and we were standing right next to the far left sliver. I told him we don’t have enough time, he still proceeded to go up. Needless to say, we didn’t have enough time and our forces were split anyway.

• None of those people above were low on Ascension levels… I’m fine with newer players, really. But when I see you’re at a certain level, I expect more.

I don’t know man. Maybe it’s just a bad luck streak. Fact is though, my experience has never been this bad.