Terran late game is underpowered

This kid has literally every anecdotal win a Terran might’ve gotten.

Look, we all know that if you are able to kill 20 miners for 4 hellions in the early game, you can “win the late game,” but getting there on even footing is a different story entirely.

2 Likes

Yeah, no. Terran late game is way better than it used to be. Getting there just takes the longest for us because of the way our infrastructure works. But it’s actually really, really good. Not the best, but certainly equal to Protoss’ lategame right now.

You just need to know how to play it to get to that point rather than trying to all in and kill your opponent before then. Of course, once you get to that point, knowing how to play lategame is a different beast in itself, and so many terrans simply dont know how to do so because they don’t have the experience with it. So youre probably going to have to break a few eggs to get that omelet of lategame play that you want. And it will probably be bad for a little bit since you arent sure what you’re doing. Eventually though, that will change.

3 Likes

You guys throwing matches left and right to prove a point, but you are missing the point:

• none of you are at the level of pro players, so complaining about your late game compared to their late game is like complaining to your local car dealer that your average car does not perform like the Formula 1 you see on tv.

Besides, from the plethora of pro level games you can find examples of every type of combination of races and wins/losses with cheese/timed/late game with wins on any of the sides…

I believe you’re right about Terran’s late game being just so underwhelming compared to zerg and Protoss In the late game. My answer is a suggestion that allows nukes to Damage Terrain AND mineral patches AND vespyne gas. This way, terran nukes once again will be feared. Even if the enemy’s base isn’t being nuked. Mineral Patches could be getting tarnished into dust. If possible I think it would be a nice touch if nukes left destructable debri as the ashes settled.

The red dot is so tiny and blend in pretty well that it actually very hard to spot it. I don’t know how the World champions do it but I don’t think we should buff nukes/ Ghost or anything related to Ghost.

3 Likes

the topic creator asked for pro games, and i gave it to him

what’s the problem?

3 Likes

He asked specifically about tank, mine lib, ghost.

It was also intellectually dishonest, because every one of those late games was won, well before the late game actually happened.

2 Likes

Wcs fall stats showed zergs having a very narrow lead in winrates for a very short period of time in the lategame. Meanwhile terran was hugely favored for a much larger span of time during the midgame. This was before the infestor nerf and ghost buff. Time to learn to play.

1 Like

Terran has only won 3 tournaments this year, Protoss has won only 3 tournaments this year.

Zerg has won everything else because of the power of Infestors and the abuse of Nydus worms.

1 Like

Wrong. Terrans win more than zergs do. That’s a fact.

1 Like

It’s now who wins, its how they win that’s important. Pound for Pound. Key for Key

https:// liquipedia. net/starcraft2/ Premier_Tournaments

1 Like

Batz, how many times did you have 5, FIVE different Terran players winning a Premier tournament in one year? I don’t even think we have had 5 different champions since LotV. And you truly think this is just a coincidence that it happens at a time when more than one ZERG pro is calling it out as being too strong?

“Oh, he’s just being modest. Oh, he just wants to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars less.” Does your cognitive dissonance know no limits?

I’ll admit that it’s a bit harder to pull off than the old Brood Lord Infestor, but even in 2012, Zerg players didn’t win 66% of premier tournaments. And that balance was so bad that is hurt the game’s viewership massively.

This is it, Batz. Do you care more about bejng right, or the future of RTS esports? Because it’s dying. Another Brood Lord Infestor era will kill the game.

1 Like

As someone who has tried to make skytoss work vs Terran for years, I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Not only can every possible Terran comp counter it, but it’s near impossible to even assemble that comp before dying.

It can be good vs mech, but even then… Terran still has the best late game army in theory.

1 Like

Lol, no. Huge lie. Some of them were terran LOSING before it got there, and the majority were on pretty even footing.

Also, if you actually think killing a bunch of workers at the 5 minute mark still means anything by the 20 minute mark, I don’t know what to say to you. You have to lay the pressure on pretty hard to keep a player from recovering after a whole 15 minutes. Most games just don’t have that much action.

Alright, here’s a specific example of TvP late TY style. Very different approach from what other terrans have done in the past, namely lack of fusion core and lib massing.

If anyone is interested in explaining to me how terran being down a base basically all game means “terran had already won before lategame”, I’m all ears.

2 Likes

again u cry there)
late game Z > late game P > late game T
You need to learn game.

1 Like

Was talking about TVZ. TVP, as I’ve said (within this thread, mind you), might actually be Terran favored. As I’ve said, it’s difficult to determine, because there’s very few late games.

Protoss does seem underpowered at the highest levels. Why don’t you calm down?

1 v 1 me, I’m close to 5K mmr

As someone who has tried to make skytoss work vs Terran for years, I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Not only can every possible Terran comp counter it, but it’s near impossible to even assemble that comp before dying.
It can be good vs mech, but even then… Terran still has the best late game army in theory.

Well, as an old fan of your stream, I do value your opinion.