Temple of the Past

Have anyone ever beat the map with the temple at full health?

I just finish Temple of the Past earlier and my random ally (Zeratul) was trying to beat the game with the Temple at full health. I believe it was like 2970 health. I was a bit tempted to do this lol.

I do it all the time

You kind of need to remember the timing and the Hybrid wave compositions (There is a difference in Wave types depending on whether Reaver/Destroyer or Nemesis comes in at the 3rd wave).

1 Like

We do mutation solo runs with perfect temple and map fully wiped clean.

100% speedruns of the map also require perfect temple health.

2 Likes

Very possible. You just gotta make sure your troops are in place as the thrashers spawn.

This is what people generally go for (once you’ve reached a certain skill level).

Anything less (ie. any Dmg taken to temple) meant you played quite sub optimally.

I would invite everyone to strive to get better by setting these small goals:

• full HP temple
  • 0 dmg bots
  • 100% gathering distance
  • 0% overloaded
  • no push back on Rak’shir
  • as much Dmg as possible on train, shard, shuttle, etc.
  • as many parts as possible

There are plenty more, and none of these are glorious. However, these do set a very real goal for you (as a player) to push yourself to do better.

1 Like

It’s is definitely doable. Jump on each trasher before it spawns and don’t let any enemy units near the temple.

That’s all.

The timings on the thrashers are the important parts (Rohana gives clues in that she announces the temple’s status before one appears)… the big one to remember is 22:30 is when two appear simultaneously at opposite sides of the map, along with an attack wave just behind them.

The other important thing to remember is that there are two different attack sequences that can occur, which we’ll call A and B. If the first attack waves from the North-West and South-East (after the first Void Thrasher) appear at both sides simultaneously, then it’s type A, and if only one appears, it’s type B.

• If Type A, you get a large number of additional warp-ins around the temple starting at 20 minutes: first at the North-East, then the South-East, then the South-West, then finally randomised between the North-East or South-West.
  • If Type B, an additional Void Thrasher spawns deep in the South-West at 20:00 at the same time that an enemy drop comes from the North-East.

Once you’ve done the mission enough times, it becomes second nature. Also, it’s often good practice to clear out the bases down each lane when you can, since that will stop defensive structures from encroaching the ramps, and it is also very beneficial when certain mutators are active, namely Outbreak, Propagators and Void Reanimators, since they spawn from enemy structures.

1 Like

Strange thing is that sometimes Void Thrashers ignore the army attacking you and just straight up attacks the temple.
I saw this happening on Abathur and some commander (sorry I don’t exactly remember who).

Also in Void Thrashing, the Void Thrasher doesn’t attack your army nearby unlike the ones in the temple. I find it strange why.

It is sometimes the case that the Void Thrashers glitch out sometimes and not attack your army. I find that this most often occurs with the third Void Thrasher (the first one in the North-West) on Temple of the Past. I’m not sure why this happens and I consider it bad luck when it does happen.

Also, if you tune your masteries correctly, you can insta-kill the first Void Thrasher with about 10 of Abathur’s Toxic Nests. Subsequent Void Thrashers have more HP, so this doesn’t work later on, but it’s still good for taking out a chunk of their HP and potentially catching parts of attack waves that come afterwards.

1 Like

Pretty sure i saw a video on youtube done it with weekly mutation on brutal.

I am not sure if that one is possible as Hybrids will always push her back, even if they are on the field for a few seconds.

In order to achieve this, both players need to have units on J’nara at all times. More over, your preparation in Hybrid spawn must be pristine. This means you don’t spawn them, move your army there, attempt to kill, this would cause Rak’shir to be moved back.

You do need to keep units on them, position army at spawn points ahead of spawn location trigger points, get your army and top bar ready to wipe them out. The tricky part is also timing enemy waves while this is happening.

The trickiest and most often biggest issue is your ally. Without one that understands or cares to do this, inevitably you’ll lose some push distance. However, that should not deter the players, as the point is to set these goals to improve your own gameplay.

I parked Karax towers just outside where the Void Thrashers would appear. That’s enough to kill them without letting them bombard the temple.

In the bottom left spot, you’ll want to build your towers behind where the first Thrasher appears, since subsequent ones there appear on the other side of the cannon.

Perfect temple is easy to do if you know the attack wave patterns, saving all rocks is a more interesting challenge.

2 Likes

I never gotten to (or even attempted to) remember exact temple timing.
But i managed to get perfect temple health at least once.
Once, i got a pub ally that seems to know exact temple timing,
so i just mirrored his moves.
When he/she moves to his/side side even when there is nothing there, i do the same on my side. So, the trashers spawned when our armies are already in place, waiting.