System that gives each player 50% winrate is a failure imo

And why is it a failure? Well if your win and lose is set 1:1 mechanically and there is no way to turn around it. It gets to a point where we are now in blizzard games, that first of all the first match when you going to get that motivation win is going to be incredible easy to the point you get no satisfaction of winning it (aka noob enemies that winrate has terrible), and then second match is tightened up to be incredible bloodfest where in the end (according to statistics) you gonna lose that no matter what you or you (downed) ally is going to make… Now the second game is also going to make you feel bad because there is nothing you can learn of it because its just how the match making system is designed and you cant change it…

Now the system designer get a report that you have 1:1 winrate even your quality of games is worst it has ever been in the history of videogames but the system designer things its system is flawless and working as desired…

We players only get enjoyment when you did something right and get something out of learning experience. We DONT get excitement when other win is given us for free (no hardship) and other win is taken away from us… amen brothers… if this cant be fixed there is no future for this “e-sport”.

You’re right, the system should be designed so every player has a 70% win rate so we can all feel good about ourselves. It’s definitely mathematically sustainable.

6 Likes

We just need to find a sufficient pool of masochists who have no interest in winning games, only suffering pain, to feed to the rest of us who need our 70% win rates to sleep well at night.

Also, instead of banning people or suspending them, they should punish them by only matching them vs players at least 1k MMR above them. Learn some manners chumps.

2 Likes

One person wins, one person loses. Please explain how you can make out the numbers to be anything other than 1:1.

look at batz and his alt accounts bumping his thread, lolmao

You stop going 50/50 if you’re at the very top or bottom of the ladder. Git gud, scrub.

Yeah, they’re called Terran players.

Meds, please.

That is a reward, though, you learn more from playing with stronger opponents.

1 Like

That’s the reality, and believe it or not, that’s what went through my mind. But, given all the whine about smurfs over the years and people complaining about having to play vs higher level players in team games and what not, that mature view is a minority view… because maturity is rare, unfortunately.

That said, we’re all human. There has to be some amount of winning in the short term to keep one sane and not needing to be “talked down from a building,” so to speak.

1 Like

To be honest I expected you to have a different opinion about that, because I am not at risk of playing vs Serral if I played with 1k digital more MMR, but you technically could fit there.

But I am always happy to read your posts. ^^

1 Like

Thanks man. That means a lot. Sincerely.

Believe it or not, but there’s some people in this world who instead of saying that sentiment, despite sharing it, choose to publicly hate/slander me, as their favorite pastime. Not talking about anyone on the forum, even though maybe applies here, too.

I’m sorry we all have to share a world with such sad and cowardly people. On a brighter note, at least there’s still a role model (you and other non cowards), and I have played Serral “before he was Serral.” He laughed at me and told me I played weird. But, you know what they say: he who laughs last laughs the loudest. Yep… just noting the feels bad man :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I would even enjoy more random match ups and then just a summary of how those matches have gone… The better player is the most likely he has increased win% and he could be proud of his increased win% that is only shown on stats but had no effect on match making… It would be more realistically than always giving you 50% win change.

Ofcourse there would be players that never learned to “win” but thats just the life is… Not everyone has the gift to play chess forexample or be a basketball player… At least they then had truthful feedback about their skills and they would propably seek out other sports where their initial skills would be higher…

But however when you seem to expect an answer from me what is better, I refer old bnet war3 ladder where you had two options: play with ur account or always start another… by starting another account you could experience high amount of adrenaling by experiencing fast increase in levels of the opponents if you did not make any loses… or you could play just your grind account where the quality of games seemed to be relatively same but in the long run you could progress a little.

I thought that’s how matchmaking should be, it matches you vs similar. The way W3 champions work or rather the current war3 bnet where you match anyone regardless of level is bad. Every game even war3 when it was level based would match you based on winrate which probably also was a form of hidden mmr

I dont know… I just thinked this yesterday a lot more… I think starcraft remastered has best ladder… I made a lots of loses in there but its still fun since i feel like gameplay is fair. then i had today fun playing reforged too… i think it doesnt have 50% system but it has mmr system

Assuming a person is willing and able to learn more. The guy you are conversing with has been doing the same build order on repeat for years. I think the ship has sailed to ever talk about learning and improvement in this context.

I once tried to explain to him that poker is so dominated by sheer luck that even the most skilled individuals would have to play full time for about 3 years to have a different outcome from worse players. He insisted that he had a “higher winrate than possible” despite having played on a fraction of the required games. He’s going to keep on spamming the 1 build he knows and he’s never even going to consider stopping.

Propably you’re right but so is dallarian because it’s my topic and I meant what he said… It’s boring to lose a game that has nothing to do with a skill… but is either rt vs at or somehow dumbed down ally where you simply can’t do anything because you need to have 50%…

My suggestion is system that rewards good and fair play instead of giving each one same reward no matter how poor is their game play…