Swann Co-Op Commander Achievements

I am not a very skilled player, but I have just managed to reach Mastery 75. I am wanting to start beating the Hard Co-Op Achievements, Swann’s in particular coz I love the portrait that unlocks.

My problem is that I have done quite a few Hard missions now and not been able to unlock either one of them. I am almost certain I have killed enough enemies with the Warbots in a single calldown on Hard and I know for absolute certain that I have dealt more than 20,000 damage with the Laser Drill. The last mission I completed had over 40,000 damage dealt.

The only thing I have found so far regarding this exact same issue is from a post back in November of 2015, with an official response stating this error to be a bug. Is this still bugged after almost 4 years!?!

What am I doing wrong?
Can someone help me, please?

This belongs in the co-op section.

I didn’t notice that. I think that is it fixed now.

I dunno, my only guess is you’ve been playing on an easier difficulty instead of on Hard or Brutal.

The last mission with more than double the required damage from the Laser Drill was on Hard. I am less worried about the Warbots coz I simply haven’t focused on that one. I’ve been putting all my Mastery Points in to the Drill to get it up and upgraded as soon as I can and still getting nothing.

Is there any advice out there as to how to get it? What mission is best to try to get it?

Assuming you did everything correctly on Hard, my guess would be try Brutal. There could be some mistake where it is somehow set to Brutal despite the text description.

Put everything into Drill Mastery, upgrade early and use as often as possible. There should be at least 40-50k damage per game (based on Brutal difficulty experience).

The ARES one try the same, place mastery into them so they last longer. Find yourself a good wave and go to town.

Hope it works.

1 Like

Some achievements aren’t possible on hard. This is due to a number of issues but your ally is usually one of them. On hard not enough units spawn so you and your ally are probably killing off to much. I think zag had another achievement that is just as rough because of the sheer amount of units you need to spawn to make it work. The other thing is hard doesn’t challenge you enough where as brutal practically forces you and your partner to split up to cover waves and objectives in time.

1 Like

Thanks, gang. I’ll give Brutal a go once I hit Mastery 90. I’m still a bit of a chump, but I’ve got a friend that will be willing to go all out on Hard and Brutal when he is free. Don’t worry. Y’all shouldn’t have to worry about me appearing on Brutal and ruining a run. XD

Yeah, some of the kills seem particularly steep for even Hard numbers. And I know the ones you are on about, Wrathofrecca. Killing 500 enemies in a single mission on Hard with Zagara’s forces. You would have to have your partner defend and nothing more to ensure you get enough kills on pretty much any mission since Infested don’t seem to count. I love playing Zagara too, so that is probably one I will have a headache over later as well. XD

Artanis’ Solar Fury achievement sounds like complete a$$ to try to get too…

1 Like

Ooh, I just thought of something!
I don’t know if Blizzard have patched it or not, but could one try Lock & Load with the Celestial Locks and ensure a single lock remains completely unclaimed? That mission is the only one that doesn’t “time out” unless the lock is claimed, right?

It doesn’t help with the 25 or 50 in single calldowns achievements, but total numbers and damage might, right? So the Drill damage and Zagara’s 500 kills, etc?

…or is that heretical thinking and I should purge that idea from my mind…?

There are a few missions that can last “indefinitely” (until the game runs out of memory at about 10 hours)
Lock and load: without Amon capturing a lock
Dead of night: without killing all the buildings
Chain of ascension: without pushing jinara to victory

Any of these will work if you want to grind out anachievement. I’d argue chain of ascension is the best, as the attack waves and hybrid waves spawn in the same 2 spots, pretty close together.

3 Likes

IIRC it is also possible to do if Amon did capture lock, but you have a unit there (from just one commander).

1 Like

I completely forgot about Chain Of Ascension.
I didn’t think about Dead Of Night due to the Infested not seemingly counting towards damage or total damage and don’t the successive waves of Stanks become a bit intense after Night 5?

Ooh! I also didn’t know that about holding a captured lock with an allied unit. Thanks for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

For Swann, with all the mech units, would it be best to try this with Karax as support? Repair beam for units and structures to last out? Use 2 Science Vessels to scope out enemy structures for the Drill to mulch on it’s own to crank up it’s total damage and then mass Observers across the spawn locations so the Drill can always hit it’s targets?

And for Zagara it would definitely be Abathur as best to team up with, right? Mend to keep Roaches, Aberrations and Corruptors going…with all the beautifully horrifying carnage with Banelings of course?

You don’t really have to be that afraid to play brutal even if you are really bad cuz at this point if you are playing hard you are going to be matched with another noob, but most players who play Brutal are so good at this point that they can solo almost every map without even trying and might even prefer to play with a noob to make it at least slightly challenging for themselves, so in actuality it might even be easier to just play Brutal anyways.

1 Like

Max timeout is around 9 hours 36
Minutes.

1 Like

When we (son and I) use Lock and Load for achievement camping, we usually “lose” 3 locks - as long as you reclaim 4 of the 5 and park only one player’s units by the last one the “timer” won’t advance. At that point, it becomes a game of “attack one or both of the “side” bases to get your kill counts up”. Enemy repopulates the base guards fairly frequently (till they run out of resources - or you knock off one base to get you more resources to drag out beating on the other base…)

This achievement is bugged now (and I think it would be Artanis to team up with for this one, if it was not bugged):

1 Like

I don’t remember where I read this, but despite the wording it appears that you need to kill units with the damage from the drop pods landing on enemies, not the roaches themselves. I already did the achievement so I can’t test, but it’s worth a try.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info, gang. I really appreciate it. I live in the UK and the EU forums are pretty much dead…

SilvrPaladin: Yeah, I only recently started being able to do whole map wipes and noticed Lock & Load had two fully resourced enemy bases which is why I thought that would be the map to wait out and grind on. If I get my friend to help he could just do most of the map normally if he wasn’t up for achievement grinding and then leave the mission so I had control of his forces too and take as long as I’d need to get the whatever I was going for. That’s the idea anyway. XD

Tangor and Sintharius: That is an interesting and quite worrying development. I wonder what else ActiBlizzion have screwed up… No “customer support” anymore so we’ll never get an official answer. Christ, if the kills have to be made with the drop pods themselves then that will never work unless you targeted Drones/Probes/SCVs, Marines or Zerglings for AGES. The drop pod damage isn’t that high, right?
Also, Tangor, why do you recommend Artanis? No criticism or that, I just wondered why him.

Again, very grateful for the responses all. :slight_smile: