Suggestion to make the Adept not suck

Straight from unit tester

Unit tester lol. What next, gonna test in mono battles?

Did you give Hydras range upgrade since you gave Adepts Glaive?

3 Likes

of course i did.

the argument was about whether or not hydras can beat adepts. to which you so aggressively and confidently called BS, when the fact of the matter is that youre completely wrong on the matter

Fact of the matter is that adepts slaughter hydras whether it’s a-move or micro’d assuming equal supply (hydras cost more gas than equal supply as well). If you shade adepts it’s over for hydras.

If you want to ignore the monobattle aspect then adept + robo would steamroll anything midgame zerg can throw at it including muta switches if we give adepts an anti air attack.

1 Like

But they won’t, because at the end of the day they are still Adepts.

Adepts would have broken synergy with robo units against zerg midgame with an anti air attack.

Protoss currently has to rely on stalkers and archons to have consistent anti muta capabilities. and Stalkers and archons get shredded by hydras, while adepts crush hydras. Stalkers and archons take heavy gas compared to adepts meaning the robo unit count will be much higher as well.

1 Like

But they won’t because the Adept range is short.

Mutalisk beat Stalkers and when boxed properly Archons.

The Adepts performance against ground is completely unchanged.

Their range is more than enough for the role they would play

Mutalisks dont beat stalkers wtf?

Mutas can pick off lone archons but that’s about it

4 range vs 6 range stalkers.

They do, Stalkers have a long kill time against non-armored units because of the slow fire rate they have.

Not if you get a high enough count of them. If the Protoss doesn’t get Phoenix you can auto-win the game.

I just loaded up unit tester. You know what happened? Hydras beat Adepts provided the number of Adepts and Hydras wasn’t small.

Hydras also beat Adepts when the Adepts significantly out numbered the Hydras by at least 10 units.

All this is because Adepts do not have enough range to deal with Hydras. They get stuck behind one another whereas the Hydras have additional range.

2 Likes

Got the exact same results myself. Factor in creep spread and the Adepts are kited for days.

2 Likes

Their role with robo units would be frontline meatshield (like zealot) and anti muta. They would be better at killing mutas (and hydras)
than stalkers would be. They would be inferior to roach bane but robo units already decimate those anyway.

This is just flat out wrong. Stalkers destroy mutas.

Youre acting like Archons are helpless vs mutas. There are some situations that mutas will give a zerg player the advantage but that situation is not in a direct engagement assuming the mutas dont vastly out supply the archons.

I used 70 supply each. not a small number. inb4 youre doing 200 supply adepts vs 200 supply hydras

There is no way adepts lose to hydras unless youre a moving the adepts and kiting the hydras which is obviously biased. If youre going to micro both sides then let adepts shade.

LOL good luck kiting something that can shade.

And in a real scenario will have multiple colossi with 9 range roasting all the hydras

That real scenario doesn’t exist or happen.

Nope.

They are dummy thicc so they have pathing issues around bases.

If you spread your mutalisk, just like vs Thors you will find that Archons take a while to kill a single mutalisk at a time.

Robo units get wrecked by Roach-Ravager.

1 Like

so according to you robo all ins dont exist

Youre ignoring the part I said about direct engagement.

I know archons are mediocre at defending vs muta harass

Stalkers crush mutas cost for cost

yes I know what a magic box is. Doesnt mean that mutas are favored in every direct engagement scenario with multiple archons.

Not when there is warp in support.

They are nerfed now.

Of Zealots, not Adepts.

The are still effective

Uh what? Robo + sentry adept timing is a thing

1 Like

Much less after the upcoming Zealot change.

The timing doesn’t get stronger.

At 70 supply, Hydras still beat Adepts. Only case where they don’t is if the Adepts concave. If they ball up, they lose. Handily.

You’re just wrong. About this. About mutas. About a lot of stuff.

3 Likes

That’s because he is a Zerg player (who hides his profile) that pretends to be a Terran player.

2 Likes