Such P players were in GSL p/os and Maru wasn't

The fact is simply mental

1 Like

Do you want Maru at finals and thennseeing him losing to roaches several times ina row ?, finals today at least were more interesting than the last ones.

1 Like

I’m a big enough fanboy to still prefer that over not seeing him at all. Alternatively, his team punishing him for getting knocked out early and being forced to stream was also nice.

I would have preferred him to be at least in the playoffs too, but I think for once he messed up in the groupstage. I can comprehend him losing against sOs since he seems to be one of the trickiest players to go up against and his brain just seems to work different in sc2 what BO’s or meta concerns. To lose vs Zoun 2-1 I considered a bit of an upset. In general I can appreciate his style much more then Bunny’s, who seems to be going one base all of the time.

1 Like

I am afraid that both SoS and Maru were punished and they had to play (yesterday) some hilarious 2v2 games on stream as partners.
They steamrolled everything on their way (as to be expected). It’s funny that they know very well each other from years being on the same team.

1 Like

Another top tournament finals/semi finals dominated by apetoss. 8 out of 11 premier tournaments have had a Protoss finalist. 10 out of 12 major tournaments had a protoss finalist. That’s 18 out of 23. Aka Protoss are in 78% of tournament finals and apetoss apologists will tell you with a straight face that balance is fine.

In a fair game 56% is the expected number of finals for each race since there are two finalist slots which is 1.0-(1.0-1/3)^2=0.56. Protoss are hitting 78%. The P value for these results is 0.02. So yes it’s proof Protoss overperforms (on top of the mountain of proof everywhere else).