Stop Zerg extractor trick

Allowing zerg to go over the supply cap is an exploit that shouldn’t be in the game. Zerg already has enough options. Just remove the drone forever, so zerg can’t go extra drones for free.

The even worse solution would be to have the buildings count as supply, as they are technically a drone right? /s

I suspect, in an optimist way, that it is left like that because considered “balanced” by the minerals lost in the operation.

That is indeed optimistic, as you about 20-30 minerals at best.

If there is no problem, then a solution isn’t required.

Extractor tricks are inherently linked to Z losing drones while constructing cancelable buildings. There is no reason for Z to become the only race unable to cancel their buildings ; and their economy/drone count growth being non linear is offset by the other races’ harass possibilities and macro mechanics (Chronoboost + no probe building time loss, Mules).

This game has enough imbalances left as is to go tryin’ to fix what’s not broken, wouldn’t you agree ? :wink:

1 Like

But it is a problem, as it is a non-intuitive, likely unintended feature that gives zerg a nice free boost.

But that also applies to stutter-step and plenty of others moves. When you do kite, you do cancel the part of the attack animation which is after the firing point. It was clearly unintended by the devs, but also a quite useful trick that evolved in being a stapple of basic Starcraft micromanagement, that nearly everyone uses. Current balance (specially for terran bio players) is even based upon it.

The same applies to extractor trick, that nearly every zerg does use, and about which the devs were fully aware of during the development of WoL. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I could argue that stutter-step takes skill, and is alot more obvious than the extractor trick.

Taking out stutter-step would severely hamper the game, whereas extractor trick is just like a ‘gotcha’ to people that don’t read forums or watch pro gamers.

It was sufficiently obvious that even 10 year old me could figure it out back in Brood War (where it admittedly had a little less value).

1 Like

this is about the dumbest thing i have ever heard. By your logic bud if people were to lose a supply depot, pylon or overloard any supply over would have to be automatically killed off at the new cap. Does that make sence to you. Popping an extractor to get the extra worker over supply cap is actually bad thing to do, you are not only building a worker, but you are also paying extra min for the extractor, and loss of time mining from the drone you used to build it. So if a noob zerg player wants to pop an extracter than be happy hes waisting time and money on a stupid plan. Otherwise get your happy slappy butt out there and get better at the game instead of crying and complaining about someone elses stupid strategy

Yeh ur rite bro, why wood anyone wonna yoose mineral for drone…

Just click the buttons and win

Click all the buttons really quickly…

don’t understand the excitement.
there are 1 or 2 builds ? in which extractor trick is used and they are also not brutal.
the other point is in the late game when zerg builds 8-10 spore and breaks again and for a short time has 210/200 sup, which is also questionable whether it is worth it. but that is not an extractor trick.
believe in WOL there was the 11 pool in which extractor trick was used.

At my level, extractor trick is the kicker that makes zerg the clearly favored race

If there is money on the line, I believe it shouldn’t exist, like cannon rushing - too much power in cheap strategies.

Of all the things to complain about you’re whinging about an additional…what? 25 minerals and going 1 - 3 over the 1st pop cap Overlord?

Really?

1 Like

what do you propose? zerg loses the drone when they cancel? they have to maintain +1 supply until the building completes?

You must be bronze league then cause almost any decent zerg player knows this strategy hurts more than helps and wont do it for that very reason. but hey, dont take my word for it go watch some pro people on youtube roasting dumb bronzers for doing this. anyways stop being a cry baby about dumb stuff seriously dude this is one of the most retarded things to complain about.

Yes, they should lose the drone when canceling, especially on extractors.

Yes, small changes are beneficial.

I literally don’t believe you, or them. I was very good at maths, growing up.