Still waiting to hear the counter to mass BC from Toss

Mass BC/Viking over turrets and planetary fortresses; what exactly is Toss supposed to do? Tempest are so slow now they can’t even RUN AWAY from Vikings, let alone kite. I took the whole map, pumped out Tempest and some Void Rays/Stalkers, Oracle for tagging; I tagged, I still got clowned on. Tempest have such trash DPS that I can’t take down any bases, and once turret forest is up I can’t even get close. I can barely tickle his fleet without eating a bunch of massive volleys from his Vikings, and he can blink on top of my fleet. Can’t stop him from growing, best I can do is hold him off for a bit. I would love to hear an answer from the DEVs or balance team on this, absolutely ridiculous. This guy didn’t even both with the Thors, just mass Viking/BC.

This is in masters (4800 mmr); if you’re below that don’t even try to talk trash. I would say at least 50% of my PvT are against BC mech now, maybe more.

5 Likes

just 1a /s

20 characters.

2 Likes

Blizzard has heard your complaints and doesn’t think you should die to teleporting BCs.

From now on you get to die to mass 1A thors instead.

6 Likes

Mass stalker trades well vs BC. You just trade away your army once, remax and go kill terran who wont max out on BCs in next few minutes.

5 Likes

And then the protoss player wakes up

2 Likes

I’m not saying BC’s are OP but this seems odd to me. You need roughly 30 fully upgraded stalkers to one shot a BC, how would you kill any of them if they can teleport?

4 Likes

Teleport havent cooldown?

2 Likes

Not in protoss dream land.

Also, everyone has perfect micro. No way we would ever see ppl lose BCs with TJ off CD.

1 Like

That’s legit insane.

Seriously though, you said “mass stalkers trade well with BC’s”, you can’t possibly mean this. Not saying there aren’t tools to deal with BC’s (Tempests can be fine if you can get close enough to 11 before the BC count explodes so you can one-shot them). Just Stalkers might not be what you want, they are okay with defending against them doing too much econ damage, but they won’t trade with them usually and if so they won’t be very good at it.

3 Likes

Mass voids with sentry support??..:thinking:

Of course you will die to marines but at least we killed those pesky BCs YAAAAEEEYYYY

1 Like

there is no counter to full bc army- but blizazrd doesnt care

2 Likes

And then the terran makes 4 tanks or 6 widow mines to go with their otherwise pure BC army.

2 Likes

Dont worry the new Thors are gonna be even better.

Depends on numbers. You probably cant kill 15-20 BC with stalkers. 10-12 you can… I’ve seen them fall to stalkers in streams

1 Like

Taking the energy cost away from BCs was a terrible mistake. At least feedback +psi storm used to be viable to severely soften up the BCs for stalkers or what have you to clean up.

Now they can just Yamato and tactical jump at their pleasure with no thoughts about energy, and there’s no counterplay to Yamato for Protoss due to no feedback . Before you could at least stop Yamato by feed backing before they could cast it.

Ditto with Thors (they used to have energy and a spell) and ravagers. Casters with no energy cost or a removed energy cost are an indirect nerf to Protoss. AND on top of that feedback’s damage was nerfed by 50%. How ridiculous is this?

Next up you have Protoss as the advanced race with lots of tech but no ability to shut down a unit like the bc to prevent it from jumping. So when the much needed TJ nerf comes Terran and Zerg each have ways to cancel the jump during its 1 sec vulnerability with matrix and fungal. Protoss does not have a way to stop it. How can a high tech race not? I mean, even arbiter stasis would have been a big help but Protoss has been denied that spell in SC2.

To add insult to injury consider this- If any capital ship should have gotten a blink anywhere ability it should have been the carrier, not the BC, ESPECIALLY since carriers were nerfed hard and BC got a speed upgrade + ability to shoot while moving + no energy Yamato (yes it means they can Yamato way more often- it would take 250 seconds to have enough energy to Yamato). All of these buffs to BCs occurred all in LOTV while simultaneously nerfing carriers. Plus Protoss is the warp/recall/blink race. What’s worse is the carrier historically beat out the bc because it could kite them. Only in LOTV post carrier nerfs do BCs beat carriers. Nowhere else In the history of the game including Starcraft 1. Now the bc clowns the carrier. It’s not even close.

Proposed solution to this nonsense would be, to start, giving tempest’s auto attack an ability disabling debuff. So for three seconds after a unit is hit by tempests it cannot cast Yamato etc. it can still attack but no spells/abilities.

5 Likes

Wait wait wait, are you saying a 550 hp, 3 armor flying hero unit with a 240 damage single target snipe ability and instant teleport along with the ability to be repaired… is a problem? I’m so surprised!

4 Likes

Another BROTOSS whine thread.

2 Likes

You are 4.8k you should focus on playing better, plenty of room for improvement
Tempest plus storm is a good start

Im so surprised to see another clueless newb in a thread created by one

2 Likes