Stetmann mission packs

If Blizzard made Stetmann mission packs do you think it would be fun? How would the story take place? Or what would the upgrading system work (Such as the evolution strains in Heart of The Swarm) I thought of general ideas such as that after Blizzard released the co-op commander.

3 Likes

If they made stoned Stetman canon that would complete the transition of StarCraft from gritty military sci-fi into juvenile space fantasy. Which, I mean, it already is, but we can at least pretend the SC2 story still has a shred of dignity.

1 Like

I think I would actively vomit all over my screen if they did that. I may even pick it up and mail it to blizzard HQ, just to make a point.

4 Likes

In my opinion, seeing Stetmann go crazy over Terrazine and leading him to make his own mecha-Zerg army has potential to be the overall synopsis for a mini-campaign. However, he’s probably one of the lowest choices that I’d want to see more story missions made for. Continuing where Alarak left off in the Nova missions would be my first choice.

And in all honesty, screw character mini-campaigns. Bring on another full-fledged campaign.

3 Likes

@Gradius and @Emperor Probius, the ruler of Probe

Is it that bad? I mean it has a potential to be fun and enjoyable missions. And really I’m starving for more mission pack…

I thought Stetman was supposed to be a joke. The Narud-esque purple eyes he’s got from Terrazine is ridiculous, like he’s some sort of powerful psychic and the terrazine exposure doesn’t just kill him. I mean, he got high off this stuff and was tripping balls, talking to his robots, but was smart enough and had enough resources to create a mecha army? Are you serious?

This $hit is for 8 year olds. StarCraft was once a gritty military sci-fi and now it’s a joke because people actually consider something this mind-numbingly stupid to be a viable option for a mission pack.

2 Likes

Crazy stoned Stetman talking to his mining robots in a one off non-canon mission: Mildy amusing

Crazy stoned Stetman somehow creating a full functional swarm of mechanical Zerg: awful, but mercifully non-canon.

Actual canon mission pack about crazy stoned Stetman creating a fully functional swarm of mechanical Zerg: Incontrovertible proof we are living in the worst timeline?

3 Likes

Doesn’t the simulant zerg skin mention that somebody stole the tech?
Which could potentially be stetmann.

There are dozen better choices just from top of my head.

Tosh, more Nova, Mira, random Umojan/Kel-Morian, Zagara, Abathur, (Dehaka), Stukov, Vorazun, Talandar, Alarak, Selendis…

1 Like

Well I suppose it could be done seriously… They could Breaking Bad it.

1 Like

Because Stetman would basically break the setting and all suspension of disbelief unlike a Mary Sue character which is pretty common in fiction. Also Kerrigan is my least favorite character and I’ve always complained her arc in BW was trash, so I have no clue what you’re talking about.

Your obsession with the determinant is so staggering at this point that I’ll pay you to forget about it. Nobody cares. It was just an excuse for the zerg to invade. You can’t prove the swarm didn’t assimilate humanity’s psionic potential. They infested millions of humans. And no, there doesn’t have to be army of Kerrigans.

Who hurt you as a child?

Uncle Touchy. :sob:

I should have asked him to drop me on my head a couple times so I could relate to this stoned Stetman mission pack idea.

2 Likes

As fun as that would be, I think there are other characters who deserve a campaign more.

Nova provides an epilogue for the Terrains.

For Zerg I’d like to see Zagara establishing herself as the new queen of the swarm and dealing with problem brood queens like Niadra.

For Protoss I want to see Talandar establishing the Purifiers as their own society, or maybe show what happened to the Tal’darim who chose to remain part of the Daelaam.

That said, Stettman working on the simulant project could be a plothook in any of those stories.

1 Like

I said that because you seem extremely angry at the thought, Starcraft doesn’t always have to be serious.

I agree that there are other characters that deserve mission packs before stetmann.

Yeah but it’d be nice if it was, because war is serious, and StarCraft is a military sci-fi. Maybe people dying, getting ripped apart by zerg, and having their arms blown off in battle just doesn’t jive with whatever silly carnival joke universe that exists where Stetman gets high, builds a whole mecha race and cracks cheesy one-liners while having a relationship with his robot. :roll_eyes:

Can we at least keep the goofy comedic relief relegated to co-op?

I’m not, but it’s a forum and I’m allowed to rant, yes? If Blizzard made this mission pack I just wouldn’t buy it, problem solved.

1 Like

He isn’t angry. I will tell you when he is.

Now he’s just ranty and jaded.

Maybe Stetmann getting stuck on Bel’Shir or another terrazine filled world and, being the sole survivor, builds his own mecha zerg force (given his familiarity with their biology from WoL). And then going on goofy adventures as he falls into delusions and later regain his own sanity long enough to…enter the service to Bel’shir.

Still no.

1 Like