Stats from Co-op overlay 2.0

I just installed Co-op overlay and was surpirsed at the results after 988 games analysis:

Top Allied commanders:
Mengs: 8.2%
Nova: 7.6%
Sutkov: 7.3%
Dehtka: 7.1%

Bottom:
Stetman: 1.5%
Alarak: 3.2%
Zertul: 3.7%

My commanders
Kerrigan: 21.1%
Horner: 12.6%
Fenix 7.3%
Zagara: 7.0%
Mengs: 7.0%
Bottom most: Alarak 0.6%

What I found interesting was for the allied commanders it wasn’t Swann but Stetmann that was at the bottom of the pile. Makes sense too since I hardly ever see him.

Anyone else w/ intersting findings?

1 Like

Does this track random maps as well? (Frequency of each map when playing random map)

I’m also shocked Zeratul is one of your least allied commanders.

It goes off of replays. These were the stats after 988 games.

I prefer macro builds (even w/ kerrigan, as soon as her ultra/hydra/nydus were ready I would forget her as a commander and utilize the units). Now my preferred commander is zagara given her immense macro capability. Zeratul is lower on the list since he requires almost no macro. I have been enjoying him lately though.

I’ve yet to do mine but I’ll run some stats off of it when I can here. And I’ll just add it to this comment. Interested to see everyone’s here.

So after doing some checking, using M’s suggested 26/11/2019 as start date, the overlay found 1397 games. I play random commander on random map selection to give reference.
Map Stats

• Most maps played has a winrate of 95% on average (with rough distribution of 90-100 wins to 5-7 or so losses.
  • The exceptions here is Cradle of Death, 66 to 13, with a winrate of only 84%. This wasn’t a surprise to me, as a few of the friends I play with insta-quits on these, showing in actual data CoD’s unpopularity.

Allied Commanders

• This ranges from 2.8% Zeratul, 2.9% Stetmann, 3.3% Vorazun, to 7.6% Raynor, 7.8% Swann, and 8.2% Abathur (bottom and top 3 encounters).
  • Winrate is similar on all of them ranging 91% to 97% for most.
  • Exceptions here are Kerrigan :joy: at 85% (guess some real bad Kerrigan allies) and HH at 100% somehow, interesting outliers.

My Commanders

• This one ranges from 1.9% Stukov, 2.5% HH, 3.4% Karax to 7.1% Tychus, 7.2% Kerrigan, and 8.7% Mengsk (again bot/top 3). What surprised me most is the random function on how low the frequency are for Stukov and HH, how high Kerri and Tychus were, whilst Mengsk being skewed due to practice likely.
  • Winrate average is against 91% to 97% for most.
  • Exceptions here are Zagara at 100% (no surprise here) and Swann at 87% from 67win to 10loss ratio. I expect a lot of this is from my playing strictly Cyclones all the time lol, obviously has some weaknesses :stuck_out_tongue:

Widening the sample size
So when I widen the search to over 6500 games… overall winrates didn’t differ significantly, a few things of note:

• Void Launch 87% and CoD 89% are on the lowest ends. I’m not entirely surprised, as VL’s final wave from a very long time ago was by far the hardest to handle.
  • Ally encounter changes to Stetmann 1.4%, Mengsk 1.5%, Zeratul 4.3% to Abathur 7.3%, Dehaka 8.5%, Nova 9.1%. These make a lot of obvious sense.
  • My own changes to Mengsk 2.1%, Stetmann 2.8%, HH 4.9% to Nova 6.6%, Fenix 6.8%, and Vorazun 6.8%. The distribution make sense as I play random almost 99% of the time.

Super cool to see these stats. Would be interesting to see those win/loss somehow tied in between maps and commander tab. :+1:

1 Like

Zeratul and Stetmann might suffer from being released later. When comparing frequency between commanders, it’s good to limit to to timeframe where all commanders were released. In this case 26/11/2019.

I actually haven’t added it. It shows how many games you won/lost on each map, but it’s not calculating frequency. Something to add in the next update.

2 Likes

This may already be answered but how do you get rid of the game results that slide from the right when the battle is over? I have to wait for it to go away for me.

It’s suppose to be auto but doesn’t work for me (and obviously for you it seems). This has been a problem. Since you’re running it in windowed mode, it’s easy to tab out. So what I do is have the Overlay actual window open, then just click hide.

You can also change the length it stays, as well as assign different control to show/hide toggle. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, but can it track back to 2015? Just wandering from where does it take data :slight_smile:

upd: alright, so I installed it, and apparently it just uses stored replays on PC :smiley: Not sure why I expected miracles.

For anyone interested, that’s mine stats (EU):
764 games from 10/11/2019

Top3 frequent allies:
1.Tychus 10.4% (96% WR)
2.Zeratul 8.7% (95% WR)
3.Raynor 7.9% (93% WR)

Bottom3:
1.Stetmann 1.8% (92% WR)
2.H&H 2.6% (95% WR)
3.Fenix 2.6% (95% WR)

Worst map by WR is Malwarfare at 89% followed by Chain of Ascension at 93%, which seems about right, from my POV, they are hardest maps with pubs.

My top5 most played commanders:
1.Mengsk 13.9% (quite surprised at that one)
2.Nova 9.6%
3.Raynor 9.2%
4.Stetamnn 8.8%
5.Alarak 8.4%

Interesting notes - only commanders for me with 100% WR are Stukov and Fenix :smiley: (20+ games)
With Tychys sitting really close with 61:1 ratio (98%).
Worst teammate - Vorazun with 84% WR. Surprising.

Oddly enough, it says that I only have 11/18 maxed commanders, that’s not true.

1 Like

I think it tracks back to your replays, so as far/long as you have it. My 6500 sample size was using 2015, although I didn’t double check how far back my replays were actually on this laptop.

Yeah, for whatever reason I thought it can connect to some some blizz approved data :smiley:

The default hotkey is Ctrl + *

You should probably mess around with the settings; I set mine to disappear after 30 seconds (default is 60).

1 Like

Few options:

• Use hotkeys to hide it
  • Click hide or show/hide button in the app (you can change hotkeys there)
  • Change duration for which it’s visible to your liking
1 Like

Interesting. I would really like if it could keep track of the random maps frequency.

Out of 45 games I chevked one time on my profile, I had a third being VT (people grinding on it probably) wich was annoying. There is already only 15 maps, I don’t want to play the same 1 time out of 3.

Yes and no.
I agree playing the same map is not fun. But sometimes playing a lower level commander without the ability you want is even less fun.

Using this overlay I found my average time in VT is the lowest of all maps at 15min. I do end up repeating it for commanders I want to get through quickly. It’s not my favorite but it gets the job done.

Me, I prefer leveling while enjoying the game, so I don’t grind, I just play.

Playing the same map over and over is way too repetitive, wich is boring, so it become grinding and that’s why so much people complains about xp and prestige.

1 Like