Starcraft2 (SC2) errors on Big Sur

Hi everyone!
I installed Big Sur on my 16" macbook pro base and now when I open SC2, there is a resolution bug or something where it only shows up on half the screen (bottom half) and the bottom part of the game is cut off. It shows a black screen on the top half of my screen and I can’t move my mouse to that area.

I am unable to quit the game and when I hit command/tab to switch out of it (or hit the power button) everything gets really tiny and I can’t do anything - I have to force restart my laptop.

Anyone else having this issue?

2 Likes

Hi i purchased the new Macbook pro 13 with M1 chip and it doesn’t run sc2 it says sc2 quit unexpectedly. it doesn’t even open the app. i tried uninstall and reinstall but same error. Can you help me solve this please.?

1 Like

It does it for me too; Macbook air M1. This is odd because reviewers have shown this game working on the M1.

Same exact problem @Dobro.

I can get out of the game, however, by invoking cmd-opt-esc as if I was going to try to force quit an application.

Would love to get this bug fixed so we can keep playing.

Same exact problem, please, fix it to keep playing

Same Problem ! MBP 16" 2019 with Big Sur…

same crashes when I go to play the mission rendezvous… which sucks because I haven’t played through swarm yet :frowning:

Since I updated to Big Sur, SC2 freezes randomly during the 1v1 games: the mouse pointer continues to move but I have a static image (no crash). Macbook Pro 15" 2019, BigSur (11.0.1)

I have an issue also with SC2 screen only showing in bottom half, or in the bottom left corner of my 16" MacBook 2019, just recently installed Big Sur. Blizzard, please check out this issue and fix.

Sometimes, I’m unable to adjust the Gamma also…I think this is related to the Big Sur issue with SC2.

at moment I fixed it when I play in windowed mode (not full screen) use option + enter in the main screen to change mode, although I could not make it the first time

I am having the same issues, I can’t even quit the game most of the time and I need to force restart my Mac

With the last big Sur update (OS 11.1) the problem seem to be fixed…