StarCraft "The Speed of Darkness"

There is a reference to God, or a God. This had me think about the lore of Terran. When they reference God, are they talking of Xal Naga? I do know that Xal Naga is Protoss lore. Have the Terran also started believing in Protoss Religion or are they Christians, Muslim, Jewish… etc. I would like to know more about this if anyone has answers. Thank you.

Also… The Xal Naga (Amon) created the Protoss and Zerg. Terran just was. We have proof of the Xal Naga… but is Terran beliefs still different even after the chaos?

No, the terrans (especially in Speed of Darkness) take a lot of their religions from Old Earth, Christianity being one of them. Ardo, who was the main character of Speed of Darkness, came from a fringe Mormon (presumably) colony that parted ways with the Confederacy to live under their own religious laws. The Terran Confederacy (and presumably the Dominion) are have a limited tolerance of religion, but are largely atheist. This lines up with Old Earth, which banned all religions prior to the launch of the supercarriers.

So far we’ve seen various shades of Christian, deviations on Voodoo (though they have died out) and a bunch of cults. But largely the sector governments appear to be atheist with some Christian influence on their general culture. References to the Bible are common, and we’ve seen chaplains in the military.

Knowledge of what happened in the Void was kept quiet by Valerian, but we haven’t seen the impact of Amon and the discovery of a god-like being on terran culture yet. So far it doesn’t seem to have impacted much, but I’d love to see a deep dive into its cultural aftereffects.

But no, so far there hasn’t been much in the way of terrans worshiping the xel’naga, likely since their knowledge of them outside of Amon briefly showing up, their energy creatures, and their temples is very limited.